View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Campidoctor

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI v3 FINAL

Hard is my go-to as well, I'll just stick with that then. Thanks man! Can't wait to diiivveee iiiinnnnnn.

Is this meant to show up in Mod Manager? If so I can't see it

Whoops, ignore that. Apologies for the double post, I didn't place it in the right folder!

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Whoops, ignore that. Apologies for the double post, I didn't place it in the right folder!
    Yup it have to go in the DATA folder of the Shogun 2 installation folder ...
    I advice to not try it with any other kind of mods to not risk to see it as its not meant to be . My mod change alot of things .
    Beware also of mods that are not selectable by the mod manager but are indeed active ( they were saved as .pack too but as movs and not mods) . Just remove them from the data folder .

Awesum!!! Great Mod! dude they only thing i have to complain about is ikko ikki, they feel weird to play now and much weirder to play against them but good job Fra!

Off Topic: Love the Seven Samurai avatars

On Topic: Love the mod

Quote Originally Posted by delanis View Post
    Off Topic: Love the Seven Samurai avatars

On Topic: Love the mod
    well get one you too ..there are some still free :p

Campidoctor

Is anyone else experiencing frequent freezing or is something probably wrong with my install? No other mods being used.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Ah, fra, many on twonline ask for putting the mod on the steam workshop, I think it would be great ^_^

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

emzu's Avatar Libertus

Hi! Just trying this thing with my mate in Co-Op campaign. I've got the English version so everything's ok here, but my friend has got the Polish version and he's obviously missing some texts, unit names etc - any way to fix this (of course I don't mean it to be in Polish, just looking for a way to apply English text to a non-English version of the game). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keizo View Post
    Hi! Just trying this thing with my mate in Co-Op campaign. I've got the English version so everything's ok here, but my friend has got the Polish version and he's obviously missing some texts, unit names etc - any way to fix this (of course I don't mean it to be in Polish, just looking for a way to apply English text to a non-English version of the game). Thanks!
    we had the polish translation for version 2 ..i hope we will have one for version 3 too ..its not a fast task so you will have to wait a few days ( we will have a polish and italian and a german version hopefully )

Is anyone else experiencing frequent freezing or is something probably wrong with my install? No other mods being used.
    no freezing issuas in 2 months of playtesting . Control very well the DATA folder where you did put the .pack and check if there are other mods packs inside ( some can be invisible to the mod manager ) ...the issue also can be caused by the installation of invasive mods not properly disinstalled ( usually mods that did start with a .exe )

Ah, fra, many on twonline ask for putting the mod on the steam workshop, I think it would be great ^_^
    i will i will anyway they can download it here 1 time ( its just clicking the link and in 10 minutes everything is done !! ) they will never have to worry about new versions ...the workshop work well for never ending mods thanks for the auto updating .
    Last edited by Fra70; March 10, 2013 at 08:35 AM.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    no freezing issuas in 2 months of playtesting . Control very well the DATA folder where you did put the .pack and check if there are other mods packs inside ( some can be invisible to the mod manager ) ...the issue also can be caused by the installation of invasive mods not properly disinstalled ( usually mods that did start with a .exe )
    Yes I thought it might be that based on of your posts, I deleted to the best of my knowledge any previous mods with their uninstall programs, and there are no mods visible in the mod manager before launch, but as you say there are several .packs in the data folder, but how do I know which ones are extra from mods I installed and don't remember and which ones are the game itself? Just from the names of them they don't seem like mod files, but I don't really know.

And of course as I'm writing this, I realize I could just delete them all and it'll download as necessary, so I'm doing that now! It'll be as a clean install, hopefully, and we'll see how this goes. If I can get past the opening of the campaign map introduction as the Iga I'll know it's worked. Unfortunately it's taking some time, hopefully I can stay awake long enough to at least get a few months into this farmer's war.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Amazing mod, good sir! I really like the changes and additions you have made. Would you consider further updating it though? Do not get me wrong. I really appreaciate the fact that you are sharing this with us and at its current state it is very impressive.
    It's just that you managed to make this great mod in such a short time and I can't help but wonder how much more it could become. From little things, like giving more realistic bonuses to factions(better and easier to get teppo for the Shimazu, for example) to new unit types like sharpshooters and even more named units and further development of the great clans. I understand that you are probably too busy but I would really love to see more of your work.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Hi this mod is great but I have few question, is that normal that hero units have general's hatamoto as a name and that you can't recruit anything in the siege workshop ?

Campidoctor

Well, after deleting all the .packs and having them redownloaded, still froze at that intro part of the campaign as Iga. I know maybe I can just skip past that, but I don't want to take the chance of it happening at a more unfortunate time like right after battle or in the middle or who knows. Plus, I'd kinda like to hear the intro, never played as Hattori and from the little bit of the beginning I heard it sounds like the information applies to the Iga Republic well enough.

I guess maybe a full reinstall of the game is in order? That's gonna be a long mess, I'll have to get to it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Well, after deleting all the .packs and having them redownloaded, still froze at that intro part of the campaign as Iga. I know maybe I can just skip past that, but I don't want to take the chance of it happening at a more unfortunate time like right after battle or in the middle or who knows. Plus, I'd kinda like to hear the intro, never played as Hattori and from the little bit of the beginning I heard it sounds like the information applies to the Iga Republic well enough.
    I guess maybe a full reinstall of the game is in order? That's gonna be a long mess, I'll have to get to it tomorrow.
    I really suggest you to skip that and check if it happen anyway ..its probable that you will have no more problems ( its still better than downloading the game again !! )
    Lets hope it work

Hi this mod is great but I have few question, is that normal that hero units have general's hatamoto as a name and that you can't recruit anything in the siege workshop ?
    Yup , the hero units are replaced by hatamoto units ( same icon ) ..its more realistic . And you cant build anything in the siege workshop because bomb throwers are deleted also , however you can build all the other things with further improvements of the shop .Ive removed a few not historical units but ive added many more

It's just that you managed to make this great mod in such a short time and I can't help but wonder how much more it could become. From little things, like giving more realistic bonuses to factions(better and easier to get teppo for the Shimazu, for example) to new unit types like sharpshooters and even more named units and further development of the great clans.
    i did give units specific to each factions a more unique look ...of course there will be many beautiful things to do but i think its very important to give something big and finished before i get bored too ..ive modded deeply for 2 months and im at the border of vomiting every time i open the PFM . I think the mod right now is 10 times bigger of what i did plan to do at the beginning and people can play it in peace without the fear to have to restart another campaign because a new version is up ! Plus in 5-6 months we will go in Rome 2 frenzy mode !! ...and ..and i want to finally play shogun 2 as i always wanted !!

Campidoctor

Aha! There were other folders inside the data folders that I hadn't deleted the first time, just the .pack files, but I tried that and now it worked! Phew, now just to get my feet wet a little and I should be passing out any moment... Thanks!

Excellent! downloading v3, I have a worthwhile reason to get back to playing STW2 again,
    Many thanks FRA70.

Downloading the now. Thanks dude, will let you know how I get on. Is it save compatible or do I need to start a new campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
    Downloading the now. Thanks dude, will let you know how I get on. Is it save compatible or do I need to start a new campaign?
    i fear not cos i changed something in the startpos