View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI v2

Ive done the unit cards for the Iga .... and ive started to modify flags , symbols and buttons .... lets hope to have finished that for both iga and Asakura for this evening ... i start to see the light at the end of the tunnel :p

I can see your passion for modding youre really a hardworking person gj

Good news !! all banners done ( either for Asakura and Iga ) ...tomorrow i will work on TXT files and then i will start testing and polishing ..sulerely for friday/saturday i will launch the version 3 BETA .

All done ...final testing underway !!

Can I have the sig mate (as in the TS sig)?

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
    Can I have the sig mate (as in the TS sig)?

this!!

you mean this ?

is here
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9084/modlogopicc.jpg

im 15 years into an Iga Sokoku Ikki campain ..no bugs ..all fine ...i think that for tomorrow i will post the Version 3 Beta so someone can help me testing it and giving me opinions .

Nice thx!

Thanks Fra!

Here its the version 3 Beta ... you can test it and let me know ANY little ( or major ! ) bug, glitch, gameplay issue or suggestion ... its now or never !!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3hep...MURAIv3Beta.7z

changes from version 2 ... ALOT of things included a new faction rework ( Hattori into the Iga Sokoku ikki ) , new kind of Rebels , the Asakura faction instead the Sakai , longer sieges , longer events and countless other things .

Already known bugs im working on
    -everything regarding sounds can be worked on ONLY after every kind of modification of the database is done .
    -the old couloured mon near the agents of the new factions ( blue and red near Iga's agens ) ...im working on changing it too
    Last edited by Fra70; March 07, 2013 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks mate, I will test when I get home tonight and let you know.

EDIT: OK, after some initial playthrough as Iga here's the feedback:

1. Iga Republic Levy remain unavailable even once Bushido is researched and Sword Dojo built; they're not in the recruitment queue and when hovering over the dojo icon, when recruitable units are shown from the dojo, IRL has still the red cross on it which says that required technology has not been researched. I've not got as far as recruiting any other units but perhaps worth double checking al custom Iga units for that.
    2. Asakura looks great but their daimyo is still under Sakai name (like the archers btw )
    3. Starting unit of ninja has 50 men, recruited one has 40
    4. As you mentioned - there are issues with agent symbols

That's pretty much all I've seen so far, will get back to you on any other issues after more playtime.
    Last edited by Plan C; March 07, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

1. Iga Republic Levy remain unavailable even once Bushido is researched and Sword Dojo built; they're not in the recruitment queue and when hovering over the dojo icon, when recruitable units are shown from the dojo, IRL has still the red cross on it which says that required technology has not been researched. I've not got as far as recruiting any other units but perhaps worth double checking al custom Iga units for that.
    is a very very late unit ..it require epic architecture !!

2. Asakura looks great but their daimyo is still under Sakai name (like the archers btw )
    It will require to add an enormous names.txt file and i dont think it will be meet so many times to add so many more megabites to download .Also will require to add it to Localizations too , making that packs too big .I would have made it if it was a playable faction

3. Starting unit of ninja has 50 men, recruited one has 40
    Silly error on the starpos ..easy to fix ....( DONE )

4. As you mentioned - there are issues with agent symbols
    yup ive just to find where they are hidden !... ( DONE )
    Last edited by Fra70; March 07, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

OK, played some more, currently in year 1554. so a fair few turns in.

I've just finished a castle in Iga so I've added Ashigaru levy and Kofuku-ji (and Todai-ji) to my armies of which I have 2.

So far the only additional issue which I saw was sound related - bows sounding like guns again.

Another possible thing to think about is that due to 12 turns per year, every agent will very quickly end up at level 6, I take it this was one of the reasons behind allowing just one agent per class? My ninja is god-like and I've gutted entire stacks with it.

Combat-wise: battles work really well, it's as simple as that. I don't think bows are too weak; they're just about right. Iga cavalry looks good and feels great. I've yet to try Momochi and Hattori retainers in battle, (I have them in my army so it's only a matter of time).

So far there have been no glitches, errors, CTD - nothing like that. The only issues I've had you already know about and then there's the bow sound thing (which I didn't have in TSv2 btw).

The only thing which felt a bit vague was working out which building allows you to produce which unit, because the units are not in the official roster you can't check requirements. not a problem, at least now I know what is what for my playthrough of the official release!

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

Hi. In my first battle with Takeda the murakami yari ashigaru behaved strangely. One unit didn't flee after being routed. Some of them were not even moving, the others fighting and they reven routed my levies once those were left alone. It's strange coz it happened after the "you won / click to continue " message.
    Also, I don't know if its on purpose or if it was reported before but playing with large unit size I had like 47 yari cavalry, 45 (approx) yari sam and the mura had 75 numbered yari ash. I mean, it looked rether like small unit size trop numbers.
    Must say this mod looks very promising in terms of campaign and battle contend and I vastator's and Demokritos ods are exactly what I missed with TROM and Sekigahara mods...
    Good luck Fra.

Hmmm... was going to do a Takeda campaign next so will see. I've not had anything of the sort happen to me yet, done Tokugawa campaign in v2 (about 80 turns) and now done some 100 turns as Iga Sokoku Ikki faction in v3 beta.

As for unit sizes - Fra reckons it offers the best coefficient of unit width vs depth and that is based on historical evidence (contemporary imagery). As you've noticed, units are now spread wide and more thinly, if sizes were bigger that idea would not work well. I'm actually pretty happy with it now.

Hi. In my first battle with Takeda the murakami yari ashigaru behaved strangely. One unit didn't flee after being routed. Some of them were not even moving, the others fighting and they reven routed my levies once those were left alone. It's strange coz it happened after the "you won / click to continue " message.
    Can be a S2 rare bug ... im pretty sure that will never happen again to you , anyway check if you dont have any other mod installed ( even some .pack that are automactically activated being MOV )

Also, I don't know if its on purpose or if it was reported before but playing with large unit size I had like 47 yari cavalry, 45 (approx) yari sam and the mura had 75 numbered yari ash. I mean, it looked rether like small unit size trop numbers.
    Must say this mod looks very promising in terms of campaign and battle contend and I vastator's and Demokritos ods are exactly what I missed with TROM and Sekigahara mods...
    Good luck Fra.
    Play always at ULTRA sizes with my mod ... I balanced the unit sizes for that ( 75 men for Samurai , 100 for ashigaru )
    Last edited by Fra70; March 08, 2013 at 07:43 AM.

im testing deep the campaign ..ive apported some modifications like

- the 3 ashigaru basic units now are kept more far away each other , the Levy disappeared too fast ...and the Late was recruitable too early . Now the normal ashigarus requires heaven and earth and the Late require the Kinza Mint OR the Sojustu Master to be obtained .

-I did finally applied a real upkeep to buildings ..the other didnt work ...

-Ministerial benefits are now improved ...now one will care about where to place his own generals .

- Now rebels have 5000 money to start , so hopefully they will repair and produce something ! ..however im still testing if its possibile to spawn less generic rebels and more old clans ( of course there is already the possibility that the rebels are the Ishida , Toyotomi , Ukita , Hosokawa or Kuroda clans )
    Last edited by Fra70; March 08, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

[QUOTE=Fra70;12657277]Can be a S2 rare bug ... im pretty sure that will never happen again to you , anyway check if you dont have any other mod installed ( even some .pack that are automactically activated being MOV )

I had the sashimono removal mod installed and the "no projectile trails" for sure. Concerning the "no projectile trails" or any kind of minor modification, is it possible to modify directly the vanilla data db file with PMF ( after having done the proper backups of course) or is it risky ? I was wondering because I have a compresed copy of the game in my steam install and really think those trails are ugly.

" ( of course there is already the possibility that the rebels are the Ishida , Toyotomi , Ukita , Hosokawa or Kuroda clans )"

Waw, that wouild be cool.

Ok i will test it right away, my Seven Samurai brothers !
    Last edited by Cellfish; March 08, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    im testing deep the campaign ..ive apported some modifications like

- the 3 ashigaru basic units now are kept more far away each other , the Levy disappeared too fast ...and the Late was recruitable too early . Now the normal ashigarus requires heaven and earth and the Late require the Kinza Mint OR the Sojustu Master to be obtained .
    Just as an aside - i always get H&E tech asap due to 50% extra arrows, replenishment bonus and Encampment. I think this is generally one of the must-have techs in the game so I'm not sure if this will make normal ashis come to table any later than now. I go for H&E even before Zen, or Strategy of Attack and some such. H&E is generally imba because it gives massive perks and yet only requires Strategy of Defense.

Also, are you saying that you're still deciding on which tech to tie to late ashis? I would say Spear Mastery would be the ticket, or maybe the tech which gives you 20% general radius bonus (the one before Sojutsu Mastery). If not, then Sojutsu Mastery, rather than Kinza Mint; Kinza Mint is a pretty obscure tech and I cannot remember actively gunning for it, whereas there is a natural incentive to research Sojutsu Mastery and late ashis would be a nice reward... dunno, you'll do what you think is right.

EDIT: also, do you think that early levy is even feasible to be used? They totally melt away with their current stats and they're only viable if AI is using them as well. As it is I've noticed AI field quite a number of Bow Samurai pretty early on and AI defo takes advantage of their regional units, so Oda daimyo stack has 4 normal Yari Sams, 2 Shibata YS and a fair few Bow Ashigaru, some light cav and 3 - 4 generals. I also fought Tsutsui who had 4 Yari Sams and 4 Bow Sams in their stack which wiped the floor with my, mainly levy-based army.

-I did finally applied a real upkeep to buildings ..the other didnt work ...
    What do you mean by that?

-Ministerial benefits are now improved ...now one will care about where to place his own generals .
    Nice.

- Now rebels have 5000 money to start , so hopefully they will repair and produce something ! ..however im still testing if its possibile to spawn less generic rebels and more old clans ( of course there is already the possibility that the rebels are the Ishida , Toyotomi , Ukita , Hosokawa or Kuroda clans )
    Nice one, I'll be very happy to test that
    Last edited by Plan C; March 08, 2013 at 08:38 AM.