View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI v2

How can i vote? sry for dumb question spamming....

I choose the Hosokawa because it sounds really good to see a new clan with chinese influence ( i also liked to see the Asakura but i only can vote 1 time )
    hopefully nobody comes on the idea to vote for the Nanban (would destroy all your work in my opinion)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here my campaign report:

Iam still at war with every clan (exept takaoka with its 3 provinces )
    One highlight of the last turns was an big Invasion of Kyushu (my home place ---> only a half stacked army wich i was recuiting at that moment)
    So the Ashina landed with 2 Armys and toke me 3 provinces, the Imagawa with a half stack 1 province and Kono with 1 Army 1 Province. I was able to bribe a halfstack form Ashina and was able to recapture Kyushu. After this scenario i decided to crash them all and fought my way to to Kyoto ( with an other army i invade Shikoku so the Kono would not annoy me anymore

A picture of the Kyushu-Invasion time:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here a picture of the moment

How can i vote? sry for dumb question spamming....
    i think you have not yet the minimum posts required for voting but you can say your preference and i will consider it

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Nice choices. For my tastes, I'd have it narrowed down to Hosokawa or Asakura.

Iga Ikki seem similar enough to Ikko Ikki, the Toyotomi idea, though nice, can be rather well demonstrated by playing Oda since they start small and rely on Ashigaru. It may be fun to have Hideyoshi appear as a general or unit though. Nanban do not appeal to me so much, but it shows you're open to fresh ideas which is nice.

So, Hosokawa or Asakura ... I'm convinced by a previous poster and some light reading that Asakura is much more historically relevant. However, Hosokawa just seem to "pop" more to me. They have more personality, if that makes sense. This may just be bias because I like Hosokawa Tadaoki though!

edit: I also slightly prefer Hosokawas starting position, since it's slightly west. Asakura in Echizen may be a great stopgap to the Ikko Ikki, though, who tend to hulk out early and then get crushed later in my campaigns.
    Last edited by MagicCuboid; February 20, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

I'd love to see Iga Ikki, partly because of historical accuracy, but it also would be cool for coop purposes to have a 2nd faction sharing Ikko Ikki's religion.

Loving the mod so far! In my last game as Date, the pace was definitely spot on and the battles tactical and close just as I like it! I also love the rebellion mechanic. It prevents the campaign map steamrolling of vanilla and various other mods. I did notice something which concerned me however... Ikko Ikki had wiped out Oda, Tokugawa, Imagawa, Takeda, and Hojo by 1550... that's 4 major clans which held huge historical importance! While I know its just a game and all, could the Ikko Ikki be somewhat overpowered more than usual here? I only noticed rebellions occurring in their recently conquered provinces on the Kanto plains.

Btw, have you ever thought of basing unit caps off the number of specific buildings? For example, for every farm chain, allow a certain number of Ashigaru to be recruited. For every castle chain, allow a certain number of Samurai to be recruited? This could represent population restricting recruitment capacity... which I sorely miss from Rome Total War! I once attempted to get this working off Radious' Mod, but for some reason only some units would have the cap applied to them ingame despite coding it for everyone. I used the effect from Fall of the Samurai: bos_clan_trait_jozai_guerrilla_unit_cap_mod

Here's what was done on it so far: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=532127

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Funny, the same thing happened in my campaign 5hinzou. I was loafing around as the Uesugi, building an army and going slow, until I noticed the Ikko Ikki killed the Oda and the minor clans in between. I decided then that they'd be my enemy before they got too big, and I began to raid their settlements, avoiding a major battle until I was ready with more samurai and monks.

Well, the Ikko were able to wipe out the Tokugawa, the Hattori, and the Imagawa before I was ready to really commit to fighting them. I took out one of their stacks and I've taken Echizen, and it seems like their rapid growth has completely stalled since then. Although they have one more stack, they definitely have all the appearances of a clan who expanded way too quickly for their own good. I was able to unite almost all the eastern clans in an alliance against them, and most western clans are at war with them as well. Plus, after our last encounter I'm not as afraid of their numbers as I used to be. I suspect autoresolve gives them better odds than it feels in-game. That's not to say the battle wasn't difficult, but in a line of ashigaru, once a flank starts routing it's pretty much game over for them.

So, if anything, I'd say the Ikko get a big boost in the beginning with their cheap 150 man ashigaru, but quickly fall apart as they begin to come up against more Samurai units and make more enemies. It's definitely fun this campaign, because I get to feel like I'm crushing a major peasant rebellion.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

it seems that the oda benefit only marginally by not have to fight against the tokugawa , thats strange becuase they have almost one region free since the saito land is very poor defended .
    Same for the tokugawa even if now they have one samurai unit more ...lets see from more playtesting if ive to improve them more .
    However i like to keep the campaign open for everyone ..no one can say that in 1545 the Tokugawa were a bigger clan than the Satake or that the Date were bigger than the Mogami .

Regarding to tie the units cap to expansion is a very classy idea and can be done ...however it present 2 problems A) its very difficult to find a good balance , that should require heaby testing again B) its not that historical since the main core of samurai were close retainers ones or the ones of your home province . The others were considered less depandable and kept in different corps . So very big armies would rely more and more on ashigarus and less on samurai troops . That thing is compensated by the introduction of minor clan units and make them very precious . So we will see ... i will think about that

meanwhile ive started to work on version 3 ...if for the weekend i will have the Diplomacy bug and "minor" data adjustements done i will be happy ...so i can concentrate next week in the implementation of the new faction

REALTIME SITUATION OF VOTING

IGA IKKO 3
    ASAKURA 5
    HOSOKAWA 4
    TOYOTOMI 2
    NANBAN 0

- adding a new faction that remove the hattori clan , it will be a quite different faction
    - solving every kind of sound problems
    - changing clothes to ashigaru archers
    - solving the togukawa diplomatic problem

If possible
    -make sieges last longer
    -make that rebels are less religious mobs but more old clans reborn

Mybe correct that
    -make people hate you more if you are a big clan
    Last edited by Fra70; February 21, 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Laetus

I vote for Asakura! (puoi mettere il mio voto? perchè non riesco a votare xD)

This version is so good and the rebels problem is solved!

i think u should improve sieges autoresolve because I can't play all of them

Le perdite negli assedi se hai un'armata numericamente nettamente superiore sono pari a 0 o al massimo un centinaio, anche se di fronte ci sono valorosi samurai.

La conseguenza è che sono sufficienti una certa quantità di ashigaru per vincere ogni assedio. Purtroppo gli assedi sono molti e non ho tempo per giocarli tutti. gradirei dunque che con l'autoresolve io possa perdere uomini in modo da rendere le campagne di conquista piu complesse e stretagiche.
    Darth Vader ha migliorato sicuramente questo aspetto, dovresti prendere spunto da lui

will u improve bad events in version 3? I suggest 6 turns. It would be awesome to change my strategy because of a tsunami famine etc

Why don't u make playable 2 of the pool factions?

Infine ultimo suggerimento per la versione 3: vorrei avere molti molti tratti. Medieval 2 è sicuramente superiore dal punto di vista della caratterizzazione dei personaggi perché essi ottenevano un sacco di tratti. Shogun ha un sistema di tratti e ancillari stupendo ma poco sfruttato.

So what do u think about? adding new random traits to generals/agents would be awesome

sieges - my main goal was to reduce their importance and number .. and i think it works . my second goal was to make them last more to force more strategic decisions but unfortunately no one have an idea about how to make tha .And yes i will lower the odds for the attacker with autoresolve

will u improve bad events in version 3? I suggest 6 turns. It would be awesome to change my strategy because of a tsunami famine etc
    yes is already planned for version3

Why don't u make playable 2 of the pool factions?
    because i want to put my efforts making a true new faction with character . also adding extra playable factions will raise the size of the mod alot.

So what do u think about? adding new random traits to generals/agents would be awesome
    im not very interested in traits even if i agee tha in medieval they were far better ... iso i can only watch if there are some mods around tha coulkd be implemented

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

I WANT NICE SCREEEEEENS OF MY NEW UNITSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

- adding a new faction that remove the hattori clan , it will be a quite different faction
    - solving the togukawa diplomatic problem

If possible
    -makes events last longer

Mybe correct that
    Last edited by Fra70; February 21, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Felice che ti sia piacuto!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

e' bellissima ma puo' essere stata presa anche dal topogigiomod che il cavaliere e' un maeda si vede a stento

Great news today !! the Togukawa vassal bug is removed !! they will be allied with ODa in the final version of the mod and no more vassals of "phantoms" . Its a thing that i did fear would get me all the week end but now i can procede with the other things !!

If possible

Mybe correct that
    Last edited by Fra70; February 22, 2013 at 05:16 AM.

I have consulted again my texts regarding Ashigaru and especially the arquebuses units...then made some tests of them in custom battles.

I must say that now firearms are perfect and very close to the historical facts. Thay are not very precise at long ranges but really deadly at medium-short like what they should be.

Well done Fra70... your mod is really closing in to be one of the finest ever made for this game.

Great news today !! the Togukawa vassal bug is removed !! they will be allied with ODa in the final version of the mod and no more vassals of "phantoms" . Its a thing that i did fear would get me all the week end but now i can procede with the other things !!
    Good news, So i will be able to play one of these clans in future

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fra70
    try to repeat the Sinfonia Semplice procedure , i will check that too

probably also ive forgot some "sounds" and voice acting from a couple of units i cloned at the beginning from FOTS units ( an error ive payed dearly ) , i will clean that for the version 3 release ...that should be very rare .

Yea I've Tried the Sinfonia Semplice Procedure, I've never been able to get it to work, lol so i must be doing it wrong but either way its just a minor annoyance.
    I noticed the bug in my game again, but it only shows up when Bow-Ronin are shooting. by all other units it works fine.

-----------------------------------------------------

ended my shimazu campaign yesterday with a great victory over the ashikaga-shogun.(it was good that they supported the fight when i attacked a fort next to kyoto, so i didnt needed to attack a full stack in the citadel.
    At the end game was a bit to peacefully, I was able to hold 1x Samurai Army and 2x Samurai/Ashigaru armys, so i support the idea that unitcap depents on castles or farms (on the other hands it could really unbalance the whole game, because clans with many provinces can have many more units)

ive inserted some changes that should make the game less easy when you are too powerful

1) now the AI spend less in agents and more in infrastuctures and army and expecially diplomacy
    2) the more bigger you are the more you are hated ( also probably there will be some changes , for example vassals will not count anymore against the realm divide limit but conquered provinces will count the double )
    3) great trade and farm building give you a little less than before

the sound bug is present for a few units ( oda archers for example ) ...i will work on it and only after every other change is done ...i cant be 100% sure it can be solved but i will try every way

Ok thx for your response
    So i want to vote for ASAKURA. Just for gameplay reasons
    and nice updates dude

SO we are at the ASAKURA to substitute the hattori clan

there are 3 ways to implement them

1)Maximum historical - they settled in Wakasa and Echizen ...that is a bit of a pain to implement it because not only ive to move Sakai but also part of Ikko ...plus of course changing the sakai into the asakura

pros
    - total historical accuracy
    - allied with Azai/Asai they will make a nice clash against the Oda-Tokugawa alliace
    cons
    - thats a huge pain in the knee ... also that will push hard against the Ikko
    - the risk of bugs is high

2) Medium historical - i will settle them in Wakasa only ...that will require "only" to change the sakai faction into the asakura

pros
    - i dont go touching sensitive things
    - it should be pretty fast
    cons
    - it rappresent only 50% of the actual asakura domains ( still very realistic by shogun 2 standards )

3) Other Option - make the Azai playable as a Azai-Asakura faction

pros
    - very fast implementation

cons
    - its not exactly like having the Asakura clan