View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

hmm interesting mod
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    hmm interesting mod
    It is, indeed. What makes it special, to me, is the fact that faction's expansion is more progressive and realistic. In mid-game there are more midle size factions instead of 3,4 huge factions stomping the few one-province remaining factions.

I never saw that kin another S2 mod.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

TOYOTOMI <3

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Not sure if the developer of this mod is still active but just want to let you know your mod is pretty amazing, I'm loving it so far. But I do find some flaw with it that most people has already address. Territorial expansion doesn't reduce is such a big minus....I mean you already on limited time to win the game but now you can't even take back territories you lost without being penalize so much (freaking Oda scum betrayed me).

And I am suspecting that the AI might still be cheating and spawn units.

Okay, I went inside the db table and changed the values I mentioned, and I downloaded a NO AI cheating mod, and now my game is PRETTY EPIC!

The AI now can't just cheat and spawn a bunch of units so they're more careful about what they're doing. They'll second guess themselves before attacking a castle if your garrisons are intimidating. Losing one major battle can cripple a clan VERY HARD (just like in most samurai movie I've seen) and can lead to it demise, so now there are more interesting "semi-dynamic" diplomacy decision from the AI. Like the "treacherous" Hojo who initially trade partner with Imagawa, but when Imagawa forces faced heavy casualty fighting me....and oh boy did Hojo quickly turned on them to try and take their castle. Interestingly, Imagawa realize this and offered a peace treaty with me immediately. I seized the opportunity and make them my vassal.

fuyuki can you upload the files and explain where to put them?

And most importantly where you able to change the territorial expansion penalty of -6 or leave it as it is and make the diplomacy go +1 each turn that passes?

can anyone give some advice. I put the mod in Shogun 2 data folder but it crashes on launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Veltegez View Post
    fuyuki can you upload the files and explain where to put them?

And most importantly where you able to change the territorial expansion penalty of -6 or leave it as it is and make the diplomacy go +1 each turn that passes?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...I-Cheating-Mod
    This is the mod that I use to fix the AI cheating thing. The mod shouldn't be conflicting with "TRUE SAMURAI" so just enable that sucker when you start the game. Me I just imported it to the TRUE SAMURAI .pack too so if anything else fail just do the same.

To change territory expansion:
    You will find all the diplomacy effects under the table "diplomacy_attitudes_tables". The "annexed_territory" field (or row) is the one that should fix the problem.
    The 2nd column of that row is the cap of however the value will decrease/increase to a certain point. The 3rd column is the rate of which value will decrease/increase each turn. The 4th column is the value of the effect every time that diplomacy event activated.

For mine, I got cap: -10 drift: 1 value: -5
    - So if I play on Normal, when I capped 3 territory my standing value will be -15, since that is beyond the cap it will go to positive by 1 each turn until it stop at -10. So far it's not too punishing if I choose to cap a territory and stay and chill for a bit, but if I go on a frenzy and capture alot of castles I will attract a lot of negative attentions.

Also, another suggestion, I will like the changes to Katana Hero has made them quite too powerful of a unit. So far there are no other units that can stood a chance against them (I am talking other hero units AT RANK 9!!! have a hard time beating them when they're no rank), you literally need an ARMY to kill these guys.

I don't know, I think Ima start reducing the value on these guys too given how early players can get them in the game.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

I can't make it work. I put the mod in the data folder, tick him whend the mod manager appears, but whend i'm in the game nothing changes.
    What should i do?

out of curiosity, does this remove the majority of standard katana units? (technically that'd be realistic as the katana was a side/backup weapon, not the main)

Tried to change diplomacy settings and I can't figure it out.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

It's for Standard, ROTS ot FOTS ?

Can anyone help me understand how to change Tables for diplomacy. I've opened the true samurai pack file cannot find the correct tables.

after rome2 and attila, i come back to play your mod again

can you please tell me how to edit this mod to make it compatible with Expanded mod?

Hello guys im back just to upload a "definitive version" i prepared long time ago but never uploaded !!
    I hope you have enjoyed my mod over time but unfortunately im not anymore in condition to help or fix anything ...cos ive forgot everything !!

Thanks for Uploading.

Domesticus

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    I can make some promo pics if you want

Una che ho fatto per una mod sulla ww1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PS è una prova eh

It would be a good idea to create a mod on the First World War.

Who knows if the team of the mod "The Great War" will be interested.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    Hello guys im back just to upload a "definitive version" i prepared long time ago but never uploaded !!
    I hope you have enjoyed my mod over time but unfortunately im not anymore in condition to help or fix anything ...cos ive forgot everything !!
    Time to reinstall S2 then!