View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default TRUE SAMURAI final

TRUE SAMURAI

HELLO GUYS , AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS I CAN UPLOAD, unfortunately (or luckily ) ive been busy with my work as historic researcher for a gaming company BUT now ive found some time to test it ( it was ready long time ago) and the DEFINITIVE version is ready for good.... The main changes are almost all about the single player campaign experience .
    DEFINITIVE VERSION HERE !!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/y318nhlmj56fhtd/TRUE_SAMURAI_DEFINITVE.7z

if it doesnt work switch back to the final version below !

FINAL VERSION IS OUT

http://www.filefactory.com/file/53e0...RUE_SAMURAI.7z

ITALIAN LOCALIZATION ADDON PACK http://www.filefactory.com/file/8283...alian_addon.7z

POLISH LOCALIZATION ADDON PACK http://www.filefactory.com/file/1yfz...olish_addon.7z

CHANGES

BATTLE

-totally revamped stats ... for a more historical feeling ----> less paper/scissor/stone stats , less charge effects , less anti Cav bonuses , higher melee defence values
    -removed silly units -----> no more ninja nuns making strafe runs with bombs
    -18 (+12 of Iga Sokoku Ikki ) new realistic units -----> ( early and late Ashigarus , Samurai with Nanban armors , Samurai with long pikes , shock troops Ii style , matchlock garrison troops )
    -now you will feel the difference in armours and morale ----> ( Samurai are now the elite again , expecially mounted ones , they inspire nearby troops and are hard to rout , their armor is now far better than ashigau's ones)
    -cavalry is the elite ----> ( Mounted samurai were the elite , and now are again , you can even think to dismount them to give morale and use excellent melee troops ...they will not be beaten by common ashigaru units )
    -less ranks , more historically accurate ----> ( AI will use few ranks , and you will have too if you want to cover the battlefield ... that is quite historical )
    -combat fatigue is now the big deal , keeping reserves now can be decisive ----> ( combat wear down troops , and you can use this at your advantage .... rotate troops or keep some in reserve now have some sense )
    -slower units , more tactical battles but that wont mean an attriction battle , manouvering is decisive ( less fatigue while running ) -----> you can still rout the enemy army with careful manouvering
    -more difference between early ashigaru units and samurai units ----> in vanilla S2 an ashigaru unit would eat half samurai unit ..now no more
    -monks are not anymore uber anime characters -----> the monk in S2 is a very cool manga guy but is time to tone it down and make him more realistic , dirt , and fanatic ( and not so skilled ) !!
    -Muskets with longer range but with reduced accuracy -----> now is necessary to invest to have very efficent teppo units BUT with a longer range now they are a more tactical weapon .
    -Unique units of each clan totally remade ----> now they have not just a +2 in some stats ...they are different looking and different as stats , usually better but maybe with some flaws
    -Alot of new textures for a more coloured and realistic armies looking ----> i did add many Bullgod new textures and around 10 new textures made by me
    -Proper use of main weapons ----> 3 kinds of yari types and 3 kinds of animations and equipment sets ...short , medium and long yaris ...only the long yari soldiers use the katana in very close combat meleee
    -Almost every unit reworked ----> starting with vastator mod i did rework almost every unit to make every unit unique and realistic .

CAMPAIGN

-12 Turns x Year ----> for a relaxed and more strategic campain ...thats include longer events , slower ecomony growth , longer sieges and a little reduced movement for all the armies
    -The Hattori clan totally reworked into a more realistic IGA SOKOKU IKKI FACTION ---> and that include 12 totally realistic units
    -12 new provincial units ----> ( they rappresent minor clans that did shine in battle ... like Kato , Honda , Asakura , Ukita and others ..with new graphic and avaiable only to who control their home province )
    -AI behaviour heavily changed ----> ( basically empire now are less aggressive and more realiable ...past the first pre-determined wars )
    - More slowly paced campaign ----> ( 12 turns x year ...army ranges lightly halved ...AI more interested in preserving his own boundaries )
    -Agents heavy capped , like the navy ----> ( 1 agent x kind ... now they rappresent the daimyo intelligence efforts ) ( no more england royal navies , no one can rule the sea and commerce )
    - Best units are realistically capped -----> ( this will allow to see more yari on the field than katana and naginata ..of course for example the shimazu clan can field more katana samurai units, but are still capped )
    -Best units takes alot of time to be built ------> ( its a whole 6 turns for a samurai unit , its alot of time so now planning wars is more important ...you will care about your units )
    -Changed costs and built times of about everything -----> ( some things like castle , roads , fields or crucial technologies require alot of time and money .....now early choices are important )
    -Every military structure now have an upkeep cost , you cant build the best units everywhere ----> ( its not company of heroes !!! plan where you will have your best barracks and training grounds )
    -3 levels of ashigaru progression ----> ( from cannon fodder to useful troops , the thing that i missed more in vanilla S2 )
    -Campaign decided by a great battle , no more spam of full stacks of samurai ----> ( the most important change of my mod ...now battles are decisive thanks to long recruiments turns and changes in the Zoc and reinforces areas
    -Agricolture is the centre of the economy -----> Rice was a secondary affair in S2 overshadowed by naval trade and commerce .... now not anymore !!
    -Garrisons improved ...and Empire Divide less harsh -----> those are easy tweaks almost present in every mod ..but necessary
    -Many other changes -----> but i didnt touch everything just for the pleasure to add files to the mod , just important things .
    -Oda and Togukawa not anymore at war from the beginning and many other diplomatic changes ----> instead the Tokugawa are allied with Oda ..that give a more realistic development of the campaign in the long run .Also Shimazu dont start at war with Ito , Mori dont start at war with Amako and Otomo not more at war with Ouchi .
    -Totally random major clans attitudes ----> every major clan have a randomized aggressive attitude at the beginning . That will create every time a totally new and unpredictable campaign

I'm proud to say that Demokritos game me the permission to use his fantastic ALTERNATIVE CLAN COLOURS and ALTERNATIVE FLAG COLOURS mod
    Informations about the ACC mod can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443949
    I'm also proud to have inserted the precious VASTATOR UNIT STYLE into my mod ...the thread is here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=569662
    and also we will use the fantastic BullGod's Tercos mod ,horse new textures and General's mod that is here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=578801
    I also thanks Weirdoascensors for his KAtana's scabbard mod that you can fine here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...013&highlight=
    Now we will look even more realistic !!

Many thanks to Hazbones, Vastator , MAgicCuboid , Ygge , BrickTop and Vennonetes for the precious help

THIS ARTICLE IN GERMAN :

GERMAN TRANSLATION
    Letzte Änderung: 19.02.2013

Neuerungen:
    Kampf/Schlachten:
    totalle Überarbeitung der Einheitenstatistiken/ Einheitenwerte:
    ---> abgeschwächtes Schere/Stein/ Papier – System
    ---> abgeschwächter Sturmbonus
    ---> geringerer Antikavellerieboni
    ---> höhere Nahkampfverteidigung
    entfernen von unrealistischen Einheiten:
    ---> keine Ninja mehr welche einen bombadieren
    16 Neue realistische Einheiten:
    ---> Späte und frühe Ashigaru, Samurai mit Nanban rüstungen, Langspeer-Samurai, Li Stil Schocktruppen, Luntenschlossgarnissionen und vieles mehr!
    der Unterschied von Rüstungen und Moral ist nun deutlich spürbar:
    ---> Samurai sind nun wieder eine Kriegerelite (insbesondere Berittene), sie inspirieren nahegelegen truppen und sind schwer in die Flucht zu schlagen, ihre Ausrüstung ist dennen der Ashigaru deutlich überlegen
    Kavallerie stellt nun die oberste Elite dar:
    ---> Auch abgessesene Samurai sind ernstzunehmende Gegner (in Vanilla war ihr Werte einbruch nach dem absitzen einfach zu stark)
    ---> die inspirieren ebenfalls nahegelegen truppen
    ---> sie werden von gewöhnlichen Ashigaru nicht so einfach zu schlagen sein!
    Die Konstitution / Ausdauer ist nun von entscheidender Wichtigkeit, Einheiten in Reserve zu halten kann nun von entscheidender Wichtigkeit sein!:
    ---> der Kampf wird an den Truppen zehren und du kannst deinen Vorteil darraus ziehen
    ---> die Truppen zu umgehen und/oder welche in Reserve zu halten hat nun deutlich mehr Sinn
    Langsamere Einheiten, Kämpfe sind nun taktisch mehr fordernt was aber nicht bedeutet das, das Kampfgefühl zerstört wird:
    ---> du kannst deinen Feind eher Zerreiben wenn du auf Die Ausdauer deiner Einheiten achtest(Manövrieren ist entscheidend, da es beim Laufen weniger ermüdent ist)
    Der Unterschied zwischen frühen Ashigaru und Samurai ist nun gigantisch bzw. Deutlisch spürbar:
    ---> Im Vanilla Shogun 2 haben Ashigaru mindestens eine halbe Samurai einheiten vernichtet, das ist nun nicht mehr der Fall
    Mönche sind nun keine “Übergeschöpfe” wie man sie aus Animes kennt:
    ---> Die Mönche aus Shogun 2 sind wirklich coole Einheiten wie in einem Anime, aber es ist Zeit das ganze reallistisch zu betrachten und sie so darzustellen wie sie waren: dreckig, fanatisch und nicht so kampferprobt
    Musketen verfügen nun über eine höhere reichweite, allerdings über verminderte Genauigkeit, da es sich als äußerst Schwer erweisst ohne Kimme und Korn als auch Übung eine Solche Waffe perfekt zu gebrauchen!

Kampange:
    10 neue Einheiten, der Besitzer über eine bestimmte Provinz ist in der Lage die dortige Spezialeinheit anzuheuern:
    ---> sie representieren kleinere Klans, welche sich in den damaligen Schlachten besonders hervorgetan haben
    Das Verhalten der KI wurde stark verändert/ überarbeitet:
    ---> grundlegend sind die Clans nun weniger aggressiv und auf ihre Treue ist mehr verlass (schliesst Kriege welche bei Beginn schon vorherbestimmt sind aus)
    Eine langsamer verstreichende Kampange:
    ---> 12 Runden pro Jahr , die Armeenmarschreichweite wurde sogut wie halbiert, die KI ist nun mehr daran interressiert ihre Bündnisse zu stärken und zu halten
    -Agenten sind nun streng limitiert, wie auch die Marine:
    ---> 1 Agent von jeder Sorte um die Eckpfeilder der Herrschafft des Daimyo darzustellen
    ---> keine Royal Navy mehr, niemand konnte die See und den dortigen Handel komplett beherrschen
    Die besten und stärksten einheiten wurden nun realismus bedingt limitiert:
    ---> Dies erlaubt es das nun mehr Yari als Katana und Naginata auf dem Schlachtfeld vertetten sind, natürlich können zum Beispiel die Shimazu mehr Katana ins Feld schicken, dennoch sind sie begrenzt.
    Um starke Einheiten zu rekrutieren muss nun mehr Zeit in Anspruch genommen werden:
    ---> Eine einzige Samurai-einheit braucht nun ganze 6 Runden. Das ist eine lange Zeit, also sollten Kriege gut geplant sein und der Verlust einer solchen Einheit ist nun deutlich schmerzhafter
    Kosten und Bauzeiten von sogut wie allem geändert:
    ---> Manche Dinge wie Schlösser, Straßen, Äcker oder auch Technologien brauchen nun viel mehr Zeit und auch Geld (frühe entscheidungen sind nun von höherer bedeutung und gut getroffene Entscheidungen zahlen sich aus)
    Jede Militätstruktur hat nun ihre Aufrechterhaltungskosten, du kannst nicht überall die besten Einheiten anheuern:
    ---> Das ist nicht "Company of Heroes" du musst planen wo sich Plätze zum rekrutieren und Verteidigungspunkte am besten machen
    3 Stufen der Ashigaruentwickling:
    ---> Vom Kanonenfutter zu nützlichen Streitkräften, eine Sache welche in Shogun 2 wirklich ausblieb
    Die Kampange wird nun von großen schlachten entschieden, kein "Armeen-spamming" mit Samuraiarmeen mehr:
    ---> Die wohl größte und entscheidenste Änderung in dieser Mod. Schlachten sind dank der längeren Rekrutierungszeiten und der veränderten Verstärkungsrate von höherer Bedeutung
    Die Agrarpolitik ist nun das ökologische Zentrum deines Reiches:
    ---> Reis war zu nebensächlich in Shogun 2, überschattet vom Überseehandel und den Märkten
    Garnisonen sind nun überarbeiten, sowie auch die Reichsteilung:
    ---> dies sind einfache Änderungen, jedoch von großer Wichtigkeit und Nutzen
    Oda und Tokugawa sind nun keine Feinde mehr von Beginn an:
    ---> Stattdessen sind sie nun mit jedem Neutral, dadurch soll es zu einer realistischeren Entwicklung im Kampagnenverlauf kommen
    Vieles mehr:
    ---> Es wurde nicht alles geändert um immer noch spielraum zu lassen, das wichtigste wurde überarbeitet
    Von anderen Entwickler implementierte Mods:

"Ich bin stolz sagen zu können das Demokritos die Erlaubniss gegeben hat seine fantastische ALTERNATIVE CLAN COLOURS zu benutzen
    Informationen über ACC:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443949
    Genauso erfreut bin ich über die Erlaubniss VASATORS UNIT STYLE einzufügen
    Informatuinen zu VASATORS UNIT STYLE:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=569662
    Ebenso nutzen wir die fantastische BillGod's Tercos mod und General's-mod
    Informationen hierzu:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=578801

Vielen dank an Hazbones, Vastator und Vennonetes für die ausgezeichnete Hilfe."

INFO: Diese Mod wird in 3 Stufen unterteilt, jede von ihnen wird neue Inhalte hinzufügen.
    VERSION 1: Die Modifikations Daten, das ändern der Spielwerte, KI verbesserung, alle jene Änderungen die oben ausgezählt wurden, 6 neue Einheiten.
    VERSION 2: Wird Einheiten kleinerer Daimyos hinzufügen. Man erobert eine Region und ist von da an befähigt in jender Provinz Vassalen/Unterstützungs-truppen anzuheuern, davon wird es 10 einzigartige Einheiten geben ( jede auf jeweils 2 limitiert, jedoch mit geringen Sold)
    VERSION 3: Die Hattori werden mit einem historisch eher erwähnenswerten Klan komplett ausgetauscht.

Mit Version 3 wird die Mod vollendet sein!
    thanks to PumKinKing for the translation
    Last edited by Fra70; May 02, 2015 at 10:03 AM. Reason: released

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

Looks nice

-I will like to ask to implement the ACC mod , if not i will do my own research and modifies
    Sorry, but anyway ACC will be compatible
    And make your own researches will take a lot of time!

Post scriptum
    Who forms the mod team? Only you?

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Vedo che sei italiano ..se vuoi aiutare sei benvenuto

My mod will not require alot of extra work , its mainly data corrections and ive learned that the only mods ive finished were the ones i was alone ( i did made mods even for the first shogun )... for medieval 2 i did made 6 factions from scratch ( graphic included ) i revamped all the others , i added 6 factions , added alot of new units just to find that the rest of the team did nothing about the map , just chatting here .

Ah! It would be nice implement in it VuS (or, at least, make a compatible version for your mod ) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=569662

I can make some promo pics if you want

Una che ho fatto per una mod sulla ww1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PS è una prova eh

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

bellissima quando ho piu' cose pronte lo facciamo .

yes i did use vastator mod before i decided to make my own ...now ive to go step by step ..first i realize my plans , testing them deep ,and then apply other interesting options ....

Oh, great! +rep

OLD SIG

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Alot of what you have proposed in your mod I have the same opinion. I hope you can pull it off! +rep

I am working on my own mod now (in the Compilations forum) to address most of these ideas.

What I added to my mod is what I call the Organizational System (or OS). My mod will allow you to change the OS of your clan. The one you choose is what determines things like unit size, morale, recruitment times, etc.
    Historically each daimyo led with a different style and organized their armies how they thought could bring them victory. Eventually they mostly gravitated to a single military OS but initially it was a huge test project to see which clan could organize better than the others to win using new technologies. Of course Oda was very successful with his OS and other clans were wiped out due to their poor OS choices.

The samurai also change over time from a battlefield unit to more of an "officer corps" for the ashigaru units. There will still be samurai units on the field but their unit size shrunk over time and take a long time to replace if lost.
    I also fixed the "monk problem" as you mentioned. I always hated how they were somehow superior to regular troops. Remember, they were annihilated when confronted in open battle! Now they have higher morale and some special abilities but that is the extent of their "superior" complex.
    Last edited by Hazbones; January 18, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Huh hazbones im always open to unite efforts if you like ...i appreciate your ideas

Vennonetes ma non sei tu quello che fa' il VUS o si ?

Vastator is the modder of Vus

PS chiamami pure Venno ^^

OLD SIG

i saw your pictures Venno .. excellent work !

I have some suggestions:

UNIT RANKS

Daimyo
    Generals
    Retainers -- samurai class, higher ranking samurai. Made up of land owners and rich families. There are basically land lords and their family and loyal samurai.
    Battle field Samurai -- Samurai absorbed or hired into the families of the retainers.
    Ashigaru

Types per Class/Rank:

I. Ashigaru Class (foot only)

1. Equipped Ashigaru -- Ashigaru that were trained and given armor by their lords.
    2. Levy -- Ashigaru that are pulled out of the fields to fight and given ordinary armor.
    Weapons:
    Yari, Pikes, and Naginata

II. Battlefield Samurai or Levy Samurai (foot only)

1. Ronin -- mere gangs and bandits payed into service. Not organized in battle, best used to flank or cannon fodder.
    2. Police/Garrison -- some training, able to defend against Ronin. Better than Ashigaru.
    3. Dedicated -- Loyal men who have been serving their lords for many generations but are not family. Good armor and training.
    Weapons: Katana, Yari, Pikes, Bow, No-dachi

III. Retainers -- these are the few samurai who are well versed in battle and have excellent equipment.
    (Mounted only)
    1. Mounted Archers who can fight with the sword as well.
    2. Mounted Spearmen who can fight with the sword as well.

Weapons: Bow, Sword, Yari

Katana Cavalry are therefore removed.

Every Yari unit will use Katana in close combat, except for ashigaru.

Building requirements should then apply to their respective weapon proficiency.

Buildings:
    Higher tier buildings will produce higher level units, but will make training longer instead.
    Bigger farm lands will produce low-ashigaru more quickly, but equipped ones longer.

Unit Sizes availability:
    The longer the game goes on, and the more high tier buildings exist, players will be able to recruit units with more men in them.
    An example would be:
    Bigger Farm lands will allow players to produce ashigarus with 400 men per unit.
    Last edited by GnaReffotsirk; January 19, 2013 at 03:49 AM.

I appreciate alot your contribution ...

The need to tie Farms with the quality and number of Ashigaru is totally nailed ...everything was expressed in Koku ...more Koku ( rice x man x 1 year ) the more powerful the clan is ...more koku more ability to mobilize troops . I like that thinking .

What was a foot samurai i think is the most difficult thing to know ...there is not one book ( and ive alot of them ) that explain it ...somethimes i think that the foot samurai didnt even exist ... Actually ive Ronins as mercenaries ( for money or for ideals ) and are not that bad as you describe ( well some surely were ...maybe i will insert more kind of Ronins ..we will see i dont want either to make a mercenary game because it would be not historical ) . Inserting more than one kind of foot samurai is interesting ..however we have still to understand what a foot samurai was .

I agree that everything is high level Samurai must be mounted almost at the beginning of the battle ( and they surely INSPIRE nearby troops )

I agree that late ashigaru units ( ive 3 kinds implemented right now ) must be also slighly bigger in numbers too

thank you

I really like the sound of this mod. I'll be sure to try it mate, best of luck.

PM me if you need some testing done.

JanHetman's Avatar Foederatus

It is going to be very good mod.

1. Will you add new units/edit
    2. Can you please in future host this mod on ,,steam workshop''?

Greetings and have fun at making it.

2 units will be added before starting testing it ...a short spear ( yari ) levy Ashigaru and a late well armed and trained Ashigaru ( probably they will be rectruited from the rice fields ) ...Ronins will be recruited in substitutions of Ninja from the same buildings tree

Right now im interested in keeping things simple ... i want to change the 3 points i dont like ...if it work and everyone is happy it will be a joy to make other units and things . If the changes really affect the gameplay ( and some testing tell me im on the good road ) it will be already a new experiece , new units or not .

When its finished , tested and completed it will be not a problem to put it on the workshop

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Some of these are nice ideas, not only could increase historical accuracy, but they could improve especially gameplay. I was going to implement some of these in my next campaign for my personal use, using DarthMod as a base; for example 2 level ashigaru (levies and experienced), ranged samurai that don't suck in melee, increased upkeep, capped samurai as long as other elite units and navies (depending on number of dojos and ports), but keeping some vanilla features, like saint&heroes, rock paper scissor mechanics, supremacy of infantry, since AI could react badly to too much drastic gameplay changes.

PS: missà che di te mi ricordo, ci offristi alcune tue unità del tuo mod di Med2 per il Bellum Crucis, anche se poi non se ne fece più niente, non so se ti ricordi anche di Brancaleone da Norcia..
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Si si ero io eheheh

ovviamente ti chiedo il permesso di usare il tuo stupendo mod ( se saro' capace di implementarlo , sono ancora arrugginito con Shogun 2 ..medieval2 lo moddavo a occhi chiusi ormai , credo cmq sia solo questione di tempo)

Meanwhile today ive implemented the new units and everything work fine

Would love to be one of your lab rats testing as you go, and probably provide you with experience in the positive and negative.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Samurai "foot" units did exist. Not all samurai were wealthy enough to afford the cost of owning and stabling horses. There is also ample evidence from the historical record that many samurai fought on foot.

Ideally your unit caps should be tied to how much territory you control; i.e. more territory supports more rice (which was essentially currency) ergo more samurai. Each samurai had a stipend/fief and from his income from that fief supported him and his retainers.

Perhaps if units were capped per dojo. Each dojo supporting "X" number of units.

You make some very valid points; I espec. agree with the idea of fleet caps. Apart from kicking up the cost per turn support for Samurai units I'm not sure how it can be done.
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; January 20, 2013 at 01:46 AM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Silius Saurus View Post
    Samurai "foot" units did exist. Not all samurai were wealthy enough to afford the cost of owning and stabling horses. There is also ample evidence from the historical record that many samurai fought on foot.

Ideally your unit caps should be tied to how much territory you control; i.e. more territory supports more rice (which was essentially currency) ergo more samurai. Each samurai had a stipend/fief and from his income from that fief supported him and his retainers.

Perhaps if units were capped per dojo. Each dojo supporting "X" number of units.

You make some very valid points; I espec. agree with the idea of fleet caps. Apart from kicking up the cost per turn support for Samurai units I'm not sure how it can be done.
    I agree with this. There were definately foot samurai and all were not so because of their rank or wealth. There were also many different foot guard units in the hatamoto as well.

The idea on tying the samurai caps to the dojo level i would make one suggestion to create custom farms for each province and tie the samurai units to the farm levels instead. This is very possible and in fact is what i am doing in my mod.

For example, the primary building to recruit the samurai unit will be a dojo but in the units table, give the unit a secondary building requirement, one of the custom farms you created for that region.

You can pm me if you need more info on how to do this since i already have it working in my mod.

Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast