View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

    2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

    9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

    5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

    4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

    2 9.09%
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Results 781 to 800 of 800

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

  1. #781
    Vioras's Avatar Vexillifer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ridderkerk
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Can I use this mod with more provinces mod?

  2. #782
    Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    I'm sorry for this noobish question but: i downloaded the file (appears a .pack file) and the italian addon ( a .pack file)
    then i moved both files in data folder of shogun2, so, now?
    How do i open the mod? I require a .bat file, at least. Could you give me the link to download it or the solution?
    Thanks

  3. #783
    Vioras's Avatar Vexillifer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ridderkerk
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Quote Originally Posted by Kami667 View Post
    I'm sorry for this noobish question but: i downloaded the file (appears a .pack file) and the italian addon ( a .pack file)
    then i moved both files in data folder of shogun2, so, now?
    How do i open the mod? I require a .bat file, at least. Could you give me the link to download it or the solution?
    Thanks
    Launch the game then you can select the mod.

  4. #784
    Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Quote Originally Posted by Vioras View Post
    Launch the game then you can select the mod.
    Obviously, I'm not albe: when do i select the mod, on new campaign? and I have fall of the samurai gold edition, is it compatible?

  5. #785
    Yerevan's Avatar Hastatas Prior
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Quote Originally Posted by Kami667 View Post
    Obviously, I'm not albe: when do i select the mod, on new campaign? and I have fall of the samurai gold edition, is it compatible?
    You launch the game, and then you will see a window with mod manager : select the mod and then, you will be able to play it.

    I don't know if Fra70 is still around, but I was wondering why this mod is not in the Hosted Mod section. Are they some special specifications for a mod to be hosted ?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    ______________________ Mark Twain

  6. #786
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    With what game this mod works? normal shogun 2 total war or Fots?

  7. #787
    Vioras's Avatar Vexillifer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ridderkerk
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Quote Originally Posted by SinneF View Post
    With what game this mod works? normal shogun 2 total war or Fots?
    Normal shogun.

  8. #788
    Micromoron's Avatar Hastatus
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Can you put an alternate download there, filefactory doesn't work for me for some reason and I really want this mod >_<

  9. #789
    Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Unfortunately I don't feel that, in it's current state during battles, this mod deserves the title of "true samurai" as it is not presently anywhere near a "realistic" portrayal of any real combat, let alone that of the Sengoku Jidai.

    While many elements of the mod are nicely put together, particularly the increased unit diversity and campaign map changes, as soon as you get onto the actual battlefield any semblance of "improvements" ends there. No semblance of reality is left in the battles as the already far too arcadey and fast vanilla combat has now devolved into the total war equivalent of starcraft, with prime emphasis no longer on any real battle tactics but rather on matching romantisized units up against each other.

    Units fight to the death with disturbing regularity, do not break in hopeless circumstances no matter how many sides you charge them in (and from what I can tell, you consider that a GOOD thing), have utterly, utterly ridiculous levels of distinction between each other, to the point that archers no longer resemble each other in effect on the enemy, basic units no longer have any battle effectiveness, katana armed samurai wipe the floor even with spear or naginata armed samurai, despite the fact that the yari, not the katana, was the weapon of choice of samurai of the period, and chew through entire armies of ashigaru troops and are nigh on invincible to arrows and cavalry, units now fight practically as well completely surrounded or charged in the back as facing their front and cavalry has become a sad joke, particularly that of generals, and cannot break and rout even loosely clumped units of basic archers without these fighting to the death in a silly fashion.

    You have basically created armies of 'cheese' units and nowhere is this more evident than with the fictional "General's Hatimoto" which frankly entirely break the battles. These units take to the extreme the ludicrous divides between units, being practically invincible to all form of attack and only succumbing to utterly overwhelming attacks from other samurai units, in any circumstance (surrounded, against cavalry, against arrows, it just doesn't matter, they are practically invincible by total war standards). These units are now paired with equally ludicrous units such as even more numerous katana armed battlefield ninja and worst of all, because you have restricted the number of a unit the player can recruit but put in a large variety, armies end up having ludicrous and silly compositions with large numbers of DIFFERENT TYPES of samurai retainers, or even levy units, because this is the only way to get a decent number of samurai on the field. The end result is FAR MORE samurai (and ridiculous samurai) in battles than vanilla, not less. This is no step forward.

    None of the above is up for discussion, take it for what you will because I won't be re-addressing it. You've tried and done good work and I appreciate that, but your reckless treatment of unit stats and radical and inexplicable 're-envisionism' of Shogun 2 combat for SMALLER battles that are supposedly "more realistic" (they are definitely not) has ruined an otherwise very promising mod, and rendered it, for me, unplayable. This mod is, unfortunately, markedly inferior on the battlefield to vanilla Shogun 2 simply because you have been too taken in by romantic ideals of samurai warriors. In the process you've ignored the fact that in reality battles were slow affairs with generally limited casualties, characterized more by organization and structure designed to overcome gripping fear than great martial warriors running recklessly at one another. Which is a great pity because I really was hoping that yours would finally be the one that toned down the excessive kill speeds and casualty rates of Shogun 2 - alas, all you have done is actually remove the 'tactics' from the 'tactical battles' that are the staple of this series. I am disappointed, but I thank you for your efforts nonetheless.

    If you are inclined to agree with my point of view, I would suggest that this mod needs a total rework of unit statistics to something far more akin to real soldiers and samurai.

  10. #790
    The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cidade Invicta
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Could someone give me a working mod, because whend i trie to enter it says that is missing a file, and it only happens with this mod, because i tried other and all of them work!

  11. #791
    Fra70's Avatar Hastatas Prior
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Irr4tion4l you belive that i dont agree with 1 point of what you say ? I was thinking to answer you point by point but its like you say there are aliens in my mod that destroy everything .... i think you have mixed mods or you are moved by hate or jealousy because really i dont see anything realistic in what you say ..... maybe we have totally different views about everything ... my mod is very appreaciated by a niche of 30s-40s something "grognards" that crave for realism . Simply my dear friend we have different tastes and the only solution is that you play another mod ...good luck !! Meanwhile my dear friends im enjoining ROME TW 2 .... im number 23 in the ladder with a nice 32-5 ratio :p ( yes there is a major need of a TRUE CENTURION mod ...we will see )

  12. #792
    Fra70's Avatar Hastatas Prior
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    The Wise Coffin ...probably removing another mod you deleted some important file , my mod usually dont give that kind of problem ...check files integrity on steam and them start with my mod checked in the launcher ,it must work ..let me know

  13. #793
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    This is an excellent mod, thank you very much. Enjoying the game

  14. #794
    The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cidade Invicta
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Does this mod depics the Sengoku Jidai Well?Because there are some comments that say that it dont.

  15. #795
    Executr's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Does this mod depics the Sengoku Jidai Well?Because there are some comments that say that it dont.
    Well, as far as army and units composition and battle strategies go there are just speculations. Historians are having hard time finding records for this particular areas of study. So we can't say for sure if this game depict correctely the period, however many agree units weren't like we see in it, at all. So, as mods can't alter unit composition, for example having a mixed infantry and cavalry in the same unit, we can't say it was the same in Sengoku Jidai.

    Regarding diplomacy, this game and engine are like another user said 'rotten to its core' which means it's broken and modding can only repair it very little.

    I say, if you already had enough of the vanilla game, see for yourself and play a campaign with this mod. From my experience I think Fra, the mod creator, tried to balance the unit stats but has created one particular unit, a very powerful one (the General's Hatamoto), that unbalances the battles. This is really my only gripe with the mod. Sieges are definitly more difficult, as they were in that period which I find it really good, as well as the unit and agent caps which I think it's great.

  16. #796
    Discens
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Hi

    Stumbled accross this and would be very interested in giving it a try. Problem is, with it selected in the MM, the game keeps on crashing during the loading of the game. I verified the cach twice and I don't have this problem with TROM.

    Is it possible your mod requires certain DLC's? I only have vanilla S2 without any DLC installed.

  17. #797
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    how to install this mod?

  18. #798
    Gen. Sherman's Avatar Signifer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    I've just discovered this mod after seeing someone in a far off distant thread mention good things of it.
    Just reading over it I've never considered what breaking down the whole economic and army building portions into monthly fractions would play like. Usually turn mods are mostly for the purpose of just adding more time, and it sounds like a much more focused and detailed type of campaign would arise from what we have here.

    I'm really liking the approach taken on this mod. Definitely going to try this out.

  19. #799
    Munifex
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Great mod! This and DeI for Rome 2 made me play the game again!

    Just a question, if anyone is still around, is it compatible with V2.5 - U Ai Mod ?

  20. #800
    Munifex
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI final

    Is this forum completely abandoned?

    if not one more thing: The territorial expansion penalty is -6 and it doesn't go positive as the months pass.

    Firstly this doesn't seem to be applied for the AI (no negative bonus at all) and secondly in my current campaign I have three territories and -48 diplomacy from territory expansion ! Just because I lose and retake territories. If this was +1 each turn passing, it would be fine, but without any change at all it means that after some time in the game all factions will hate me (even if I have a couple of territories) and diplomacy will be non-existent.

    Could this be edited, or could anyone help me edit this by myself? (i searched for the last 2 hours the forums but couldn't find anything simple on diplomacy editing)

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •