Thread: Army stack 'square' size

Default Army stack 'square' size

Hi all,

This might belong in the modding section, but since BC is the only version I play, I'd rather see feedback here first

I'm not sure if someone has already tried this, but is it possible to reduce the amount of space army stacks take on the strategic map?

I've always been frustrated at the diminutive armies in medieval 2. To try and make battles larger and more dramatic, I reduced the cost of all units by a massive amount so that both the human and the computer can essentially 'spam' armies...the idea being to be able to have at least over 10,000 troops take place in a battle even if they have to rotate out - one stack is the 'center', two more acting as wings, and sometimes you can squeeze some reserves in there.

The BC feature which allows the player to give a basic stance to the reinforcements also helps here too.

Theoretically, if the stacks took up less space on the strategic map, would it be possible to field even more troops?

Thanks!

beevech

Default Re: Army stack 'square' size

I think its not possible but i wonder if we can increase the size of stack's influence area, red area that surrounds each army.

To be honest... I find your question very confusing lol are trying to ask if u can fit more than one full stack of units on the same x y coordinates on the strat map? then i believe the answer is no... you would at most have 9 stacks (making a box).

Edit: And i believe Chivalry has the right of it... if you could increase the influence area around each army theoretically you would be able to draw in more stacks via reinforcements.

you must have a beast of a machine if you can have that many units on screen at once without issue :o
    Last edited by Moonflower; January 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Yeah, I understand that you would need a serious computer in order for that to work...I would have to get a new graphics card altogether. By 'square' I meant a single stack - I totally did not even think of that red box now that you mention it, though if we're trying to achieve realism, the actual geographic area of that box would need to be smaller. I'm really just thinking out loud, and still wondering if there are any modders who have meddled with this.

-beev

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Guys working on Third Age Total War certainly know much more about M2TW battlefield.

Under the patronage of m_1512