Thread: Traditional General (FOTS)

Default Traditional General (FOTS)

Hello gentlemen.

So i have been using many of the unit mods that are available on this forum. Truly remarkable work that has been done by many dedicated people here.

But there is one thing that kind of irritates me regarding the generals that you use in Fall of the samurai.

The thing is that when you reach a certain technological level the generals are automatic updated with revolvers and modern uniforms.

Personally i prefer to play for the continuation of the Bakafu (Shogunate) with Aizu as the vanguard.

As such i try to use as many traditional units as possible, lots of Kachi infantry and cavalry.

But i would like to know if there is a way to stop the general from evolving (getting modern uniform and revolver) and instead of using the ugly western sword, if it is possible to make the general and the bodyguard use their normal Katana and traditional samurai clothing?

So chaps! what are your wise thoughts on this? Can it be done?

-MadRobert

Default Re: Traditional General (FOTS)

It can perfectly be done, i would do it but now i cant... it would have to be on summer so then i work on them and i could make that mod for you

If you could do that mate, that would bloody awesome.
    Not only for me but for many people who may want something like this.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

You could check out my small mod, "Supporters of the shogun and historically correct Matsudaira Katamori" in which I've made the bodyguards keep their katana even after modernizing.. It doesnt change their apperance though.. With Aizu you could always stay on tier two by minding your modernisation points thus keeping things traditional..

I already have your mod and must say that it is an most excellent addition to the game.

That would be great. Have tried to limit the tech growth in Aizu, its not Turing out so well for my army, keeps getting shot to pieces. hehehe.

Maybe i am just a bad strategist/tactician.

I have actually won many heroic victories with just Samurai. The best thing you can do is use the terrain to your advantage. I find striking fast with cavalry in the flanks before they have time to maneuver and then charging with Samurai when they are bogged down works well.