Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mundus Magnus 6.0

Default Re: Mundus Magnus 6.0! NEW RELEASE as of 4/28

After some thinking I have decided that 6.0 will be the last version for MM. I already have an idea for my next mod. It will be the same idea as MM but a bigger and better map, an AOR system and an overhaul of most of the unit rosters. Enjoy 6.0 and if there is a way to fix the CTD let me know, as that's the only thing from making this mod clean.

Default Re: Mundus Magnus 6.0 FINAL VERSION

Where is the full list of mod features and are there any screenshots?

All of the features are in the OP. Unfortunately I do not have any screens.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

*clears throat*
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Ok, I am fine now

You should use the Macedon Expansion at full power, it's a great mod and you are able to continue it!

i'll be using it for my next mod, don't worry! I figured I would leave Mundus Magnus as it is now because it's a better version of vanilla. Every unit in the game is a vanilla unit, some are just edited. Now, I'm gonna make a mod to my own tastes. Same concept though, just a new map, a new faction, roster overhauls and an AOR system.

I'll download it now, can't wait.

Let me know what you think. There is a CTD early on when playing as the Romans, but there are times when you can play as them without a CTD.

So, Mundus Magnus is going to be brought back after a brief retirement. The new idea I had became way too complicated and I'm now going to just focus on MM and make the most out of it! So if you enjoy playing this mod get excited. The map is going to be updated, and from now on I will be providing screen shots etc for all of you.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Mundus Magnus 6.0 RE-OPENED!

LOVE IT! This is absolutely perfect!!!

(I don't know if you remember me or not, but I used to be called Imperial Redcoat, I am always a fan of your mods, Ahowl!)
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

I remember you, we are friends on here haha. Can you give me some feedback on the mod? Likes dislikes? Also, If you want to know of my next project PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    i'll be using it for my next mod, don't worry! I figured I would leave Mundus Magnus as it is now because it's a better version of vanilla. Every unit in the game is a vanilla unit, some are just edited. Now, I'm gonna make a mod to my own tastes. Same concept though, just a new map, a new faction, roster overhauls and an AOR system.
    If you need any help with your new mod, lemme know ;P. Pretty bored nowadays, know how to do basically everything when it comes to modding (been modding my own stuff for myself for quite some time now).

I just downloaded 6.0 and I placed the folder in the RTW directory. When I start RTW it doesn't crash, but there's nothing different. It's like the MM folder doesn't exist.
    Im pretty sure I just placed it in the wrong area. Do I just put the MM folder in the RTW folder, or should I actually replace the vanilla game files?

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with the Marius Reforms for Mundus Magnus 6.0.

The Marius Reforms just happened and now when I try to fight out a battle with a Roman general, the game crashes and says the "roman_praetorian_cavalry_high_new" filename doesn't exist and thus it cannot be loaded. The filename ends with ".cas".

However when I opened up the Data folder in Mundus Magnus, I found both of them in their respective folders. I even turned off my computer and then turned it back on but I got the same 2 messages. I've tried to Google my problem but to no avail.

Can any of yall help me?

@MattJ12: you need to create a shortcut to RTW and place it on your desktop. Then right click it and select 'properties'. Then in the target line after ALL quotation marks, put this: -show_err mod:MM
    That should make the game work!
    @ mileslong: I will check it out and get back to you.

Thanks ahowl! It works now
    btw, this mod amazing. I like the fact that it's basically an improved version of vanilla, not a total mod.

You are welcome, and thank you. Please take a look at my Mundus Magnus 7.0 thread. It will add a lot more.

@mileslong, look in your descr_model_battle.txt file and look for the 'roman_praetorian_cavalry_high_new' entry.
    If it is not there already, put 'MM/' before each model entry. That should solve it.

@ahowl11, I went into the MM data folder as you said and modified it but my computer wouldn't save the changes because "Notepad cannot create the .txt file. Make sure that the path and file name are correct." I'll try to message you a picture of it if that's ok with you.

yeah thats strange please do

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    @ahowl11, I went into the MM data folder as you said and modified it but my computer wouldn't save the changes because "Notepad cannot create the .txt file. Make sure that the path and file name are correct." I'll try to message you a picture of it if that's ok with you.
    It's probably flagged as read only.