Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mundus Magnus 6.0

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Mundus Magnus 6.0! NEW RELEASE as of 4/28

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Thank you for the help, cristixe.

However, I know of Dm's skins and granted they are very nice, but I'm sticking to a vanilla feel with my units and I already have a good idea of which units I will be adding in.
    As far as Saba is concerned, they are a good choice, but I rather have the Roman Rebels because historically there were a lot of rebellions in Roman history, and I want to be able to represent that with a faction.

However, do you mind playing a campaign and telling me how it goes? Maybe do an AAR or something, because I want more people to know about this mod.
    Oh, I just obtained the rights from Dm to use his skins....
    Now it's useless!
    (or not)
    Anyways, I would play but for me it's just vanilla, it's not very interesting.... Don't get angry but your mod is just a bigger map. Maybe at version 10.0 when it will be really good. But I promise you a thing! I will make a signature right now with Mundus Magnus 6.0! I promise!

Trust me, it will get better. I am in the process of adding in new skins and models for some units.

Once all of that is complete I will have a download and preview ready.

Thanks!

Well... do you like it?

I love it. Some mods are over complicated. I feel as if mine is simple. Yes, it is basically vanilla, but I feel as if the unit rosters are more balanced, only one roman faction with no senate, so you don't have Roman factions dominating the map. A Hellenic States faction that represents Kingdoms across the map similar to the Greeks. New faction symbols to give a different look, and an Indian faction which most mods don't have. Now, I am replacing some units with better variants. I feel as if I really need to have a preview..

Your signature is great!

I love it. Some mods are over complicated. I feel as if mine is simple. Yes, it is basically vanilla, but I feel as if the unit rosters are more balanced, only one roman faction with no senate, so you don't have Roman factions dominating the map. A Hellenic States faction that represents Kingdoms across the map similar to the Greeks. New faction symbols to give a different look, and an Indian faction which most mods don't have. Now, I am replacing some units with better variants. I feel as if I really need to have a preview..

Your signature is great!
    If you could use it too, I would be very happy. Well... Try to make the units look between modded(RS2,RTR,EB) and vanilla. With the nostalgic and tunned spirit too! I can help you cause I know how to skin. but only in GIMP.

The units are going to look more historically accurate but they will be retaining each faction's faction color. So Carthage's units will be blue and white etc

The units are going to look more historically accurate but they will be retaining each faction's faction color. So Carthage's units will be blue and white etc
    Great! So we can use Dm skins make them more colourful? Also Dm includes some Carthage skins who at first sight look vanilla!

I already have a huge list of units that I plan on adding in from:

XGM
    XC
    DTW
    Rise of Empire (A Chinese Mod)
    The Hellenic States
    Persian Invasion
    Macedon Expansion (A Russian Mod)
    Barbarians Revenge (A Russian Mod)
    310 BC

Also I might add in units from BI and ALX as well as other unit packs.

DM's units are good, but they do not fit what I am looking for.

Here are a few teasers for the next version. As you can see, Long Shield Cavalry, Sacred Band Cavalry, Sacred Band, Poeni Infantry, Generals Armoured Bodyguard, Early Legionary Cohort, and Roman General all have new and more historical looks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0008.jpg   0009.jpg   0010.jpg   0011.jpg  

Awesome!
    Give me a mission! I want to make part of the mod team!
    But make it like this:
    Mission name: The Ambush
    Mission details: Make skin for Berserker
    Make skin for German skirmisher
    Make skin for German slinger
    Rewards: Mod team membership x 1
    Rep x 1
    Last edited by Kirila the Kitten; May 02, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

I already have someone who makes units in Maraxus. We are a two man team, but he is busy a lot. Are you able to make UI's?

Yes... I suppose... But I am better at skinning , I preferr doing this! I will do whatever you ask me!
    Here's a prove:
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/rometw2013050222122860.png/]
    Ptolemaic Militia Hoplites
    Last edited by Kirila the Kitten; May 02, 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Those look good!
    Update: I have replaced a few more models/skins for a few units. Phalanx Pikemen, and Light Lancers will both look different. Also, after playing 6.0 a bit, I have decided that battles need to be longer. Morale is horrible, and units just massacre each other, in my opinion battles are too quick. So I am going to give each unit more realistic stats based off Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition

Those look good!
    Update: I have replaced a few more models/skins for a few units. Phalanx Pikemen, and Light Lancers will both look different. Also, after playing 6.0 a bit, I have decided that battles need to be longer. Morale is horrible, and units just massacre each other, in my opinion battles are too quick. So I am going to give each unit more realistic stats based off Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition
    In the name of God! NO! You wanted your mod to be vanilla-like! Short-battles are something characteristical to the vanilla don't modify the morale! It will cost you precious time and if battles will be long like in RTR or RS2 I am not going to support this anymore! Just an opinion, don't get angry on me, but I just think short-battles are somrthing neccesary...

I like this idea, I agree that the battles are too short, maybe making them a little longer wouldn't hurt. Besides, it's your mod you can do as you please, fan of the mod by the way.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Another lovely mini-mod. I'm going to taste it soon.
    By the way, I noticed in the preview some old, outdated and monstrous UI cards for greek slingers. You can replace them with mine ones, created using 3dsMax. See attachment to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Ok, ok ... maybe I went to far... THe length of the battles should be like in XC. Not to long, npt to short!

Thank you Lanjane, I will implement them. I am implementing some units from ME and Barbarians Revenge, they have great historical accuracy @b257 how does the mod play? I've recently played a short campaign with Rome and it was a lot of fun. However I get a random CTD every now and then... Kind of weird. As for the unit morale and stats. I will stick to my guns and go with RTR, BUT if it makes battles TOO long, I will look at XGM or XC. Please don't stop supporting the mod! Maraxus, my modeller and coworker on this mod has not been around so before I can release the next version I will need some unit editing and UI's done. If anyone can lend a quick hand until he returns I can give you the list that needs to be checked off!

Ok , Cristixe is here to offer a hand! Just give me the list!

I went through the same random CTD during my Seleucid campaign, but it wasn't a game killer. Game handles well, stays close to vanilla but with more of a shine to it. As for battle length, XC is the way to go, battles are just about right in length and keeps the vanilla feel in my opinion.