Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mundus Magnus 6.0

Default Re: Mundus Magnus 5.5 (New Release)

Hey man. Thanks for the effort to make this. I have a favor to ask. Could you release ver. 5.0 but with DTW walls implemented and Egipt culture changed to greek? It would be a great favor. I was trying to do it myself but i failed.

Well 5.5 offers that, what's wrong with that?

Yeah i know. But it cointains things that i dont wont like unified Rome or additional units. I only want those walls and proper culture for egyptians and i dont have the skilsl to implement them myself. And this is where you come in. Like i said it would be a big favor if you could do it for me.

It's really not hard at all. It's simply implementing some new files and changing text files. Go to the workshop and post about it. I am sorry but I honestly don't have time to make personal mods for anyone. I only have time for this mod and I have not worked on it for almost a week now due to school and baseball. There are so many tutorials and resources in the workshop, that you should be able to figure it out.

Well it seems I'll have to try...again. Thanks anyway.

The game keeps crashing when I try to go to the next turn and yes I deleted the map.rwm file or whatever it was called and it still having problems. Please help me out.

Have you deleted names.txt in the text folder?

no

Hey ahowl11 thans a lot for those files that you send me via private masage but there is one problem. From some reason i cant download from gamefront. I always get htm file. Don't ask me why couse i don't know. So could you upload those files on anonfiles ar depositfiles couse those sites never give me any troubels?

@JayPix, delete that file and try playing
    @Aredor, I sent you a PM with a download link from depositfiles didn't I?

Ok you are right. I got it. You shall be remeberd.

Hey ahowl11 I have question. Did you changed something that is linked to cultures in those files? I am talking especialy abbout egypt. Couse i get ctd when i got battle with those walls. Only egypt. I didn't changed its culture to greek how i wanted. I did changed strat map models of family members and capitans to those of greek cities tho. And I have RS2 textures for strat map (and partialy for battle map) and cities from RTR7 installed. Any ideas?

It seems as if I have no answer for you man, I honestly can't help you there. Sorry

Ok I'll manage somehow.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Ahowl how about some help you could give me?
    As you are good at mapping could you help me with my map?
    I really want to finish it please!

Every time I try to view a greek town or large town in the battle map the game crashes. I love this map, but 5.5 is just too buggy, I'm afraid...
    Argumenta non numeranda sed ponderanda sunt.

Visit www.totalwar.org.pl

@Cristixe, I am not good at mapping. Mundus Magnus has been out since 2005, I'm just adding on to it.
    @Titus Andronicus, it more than likely has something to do with the new wooden walls implemented. I cannot think of any other reason. Let me look into it

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    @Cristixe, I am not good at mapping. Mundus Magnus has been out since 2005, I'm just adding on to it.
    @Titus Andronicus, it more than likely has something to do with the new wooden walls implemented. I cannot think of any other reason. Let me look into it
    The new walls do show up correctly in battle view for non-greek towns, but the game & map work totally fine after I removed both them and all files that were supposed to show BI buildings in 3d city view.

Did you only remove the greek walls, or all walls? Were the BI buildings causing trouble?
    I did some testing and I got the crash for regular wooden walls and the small wooden walls were invisible.

I honestly would not know where to start in fixing this. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Did you only remove the greek walls, or all walls? Were the BI buildings causing trouble?
    I did some testing and I got the crash for regular wooden walls and the small wooden walls were invisible.

I honestly would not know where to start in fixing this. Any ideas?
    I only removed the new wooden walls and everything BI for battle view. Paths to models of the wooden wall in one of the files appear to be wrong, at least for me, but this surprisingly doesn't crash the game, only displays several error messages. I tried regenerating the descr_items.db file, but that didn't help either. I think it may be related to one of non-barbarian BI buildings that is supposed to appear in greek towns and was affected by editing. I'd suggest limiting the number of edited buildings to BI barbarian ones only. Perhaps this helps:

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...from-BI-to-RTW