Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saya : The Sheathe and The Blade - 19.8.2014

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Icon2 Saya : The Sheathe and The Blade - 19.8.2014

SCABBARD MOD FOR KATANA

Credits:
    kungfuserge - He's the very reason why this mod and Bayonets can be done...I just an archaeologist that unearth and resurrects his long forgotten works, so all can see!
    other_mitch - for reuploading kungfuserge's Shaolin Mod... just for me...

CA DID make Scabbards for Katana, Wakizashi, and Nodachi...They just decided NOT to use it, Just like Bayonets...
    I'm not sure if There is a Quiver or something can be made into a Quiver though...

You can see that the Scabbards Fits perfectly into the swords without any Clipping...Seems like to achieve that, CA assign it to the same bones as the weapons itself...This have an unintended consequences: When the man draws the sword, the scabbards stuck...and they fight with sheathed swords...

This Mod works by editing animations so the sheath dissapears in combat.

Now Katana-armed soldiers starts sheathed, and only draw when in combat. Also adds some Hilt Variety.

In addition to that, Sabre Combat Animation get some more kill/death animation to spice the fight a little. Tercos now wields Straight Swords, rather than Curved Sabres.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

From Hazbones

Some Screetshots from Hazeyshot

KNOWN BUGS
    > CampaignMap Characters Sheath does not disappear when in combat

S2TW Mods FoTS Artillery Unit Pack - S2TW Sengoku Jidai Artillery - FoTS Tactics and Uniforms - Saya : The Sheath of The Blade -Building a Nation

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=121954678
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; August 19, 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Saya

misterius bener ,ini mod apa gan ?
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

misterius bener ,ini mod apa gan ?, sori double post
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Indefinitely Banned

You'll see...
    Now...Second Phase...Appearance-Dissapearance Animations...

light saber ? or something that related to custom weapon ?

Indefinitely Banned

Scabbards...

Sengoku Sushi's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Saya : Scabbards Mod

Awesomeness

will YOU, greatest MODDER!

make archers have quivers!!!

A dream could come true....

Good luck, that's amazingly promising !

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Looking promising! I keep my hands in cross for it.

I'm gonna be checking this thread daily! Looking forward to it
    Get to the trireme!

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeyshot View Post
    will YOU, greatest MODDER!

make archers have quivers!!!
    Hey weirdo, I don't know if you are just doing a texture on the sword to look like a scabbard or if you were actually making one in a model program but, if you want to make quivers, there is a cinematic basket in the warscape table that actually works in game. I think this model would be easy to modify in gimp (or whatever program you're using) to look like a quiver.

I was hoping someone would make a scabbard. Something so simple yet left out of the game?
    I would love to add this to my units.

Good Luck!

Indefinitely Banned

CA DID make Scabbards for Katana, Wakizashi, and Nodachi...They just decided NOT to use it, Just like Bayonets...
    I'm not sure if There is a Quiver or something can be made into a Quiver though...

You can see that the Scabbards Fits perfectly into the swords without any Clipping...Seems like to achieve that, CA assign it to the same bones as the weapons itself...This have an unintended consequences: When the man draws the sword, the scabbards stuck...and they fight with sheathed swords...

The thing need to be done is make some parts disappear when needed, in this case the part where the scabbards are assigned to...I Already find a way how, just need to find a configuration that does not crash the game and works for FoTS too.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post

The thing need to be done is make some parts disappear when needed, in this case the part where the scabbards are assigned to...I Already find a way how, just need to find a configuration that does not crash the game and works for FoTS too.

Looking forward to it!
    Get to the trireme!

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post

Are these scabbards in the warscape items table? If so, which ones are those that work?

I found the wakizashi scabbard and I got it to show up on a sword unit with no problems. The problem there is that scabbard is placed on the back of the unit and I can't get it to sit on the hip.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Saya : The Sheathe and The Blade

Beta Uploaded.
    You may try...
    ...and Take Screenshots for me, especially for yall with Powerful Rigs...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    I found the wakizashi scabbard and I got it to show up on a sword unit with no problems. The problem there is that scabbard is placed on the back of the unit and I can't get it to sit on the hip.
    That one for Ninjas

Astonishing work here..... I'll be sure to test this out as I get the time... rep for you

This Is one bug, since it happened at the start of the battle, i havent seen other units with it.. just the general holding "it"

I wonder, Is there not a way to sort of attach one to the person, say a yari ashigaru, so that, when the sword is pulled out and the sheath (which was attached to the sword) disappears, you could set it to re-appear on the model (attached to ashigaru not sword), which would also allow for samurai to have them?
    Get to the trireme!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast