Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: (Got room for new players!) RTW ALL HUMAN CAMPAIGN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Default (Got room for new players!) RTW ALL HUMAN CAMPAIGN

Welcome to the RTW All Human Multiplayer Hotseat Campaign!

Quite a few people have been absent when their turns comes by and need to be replaced. If you are interested in joining, post in the thread and I will set you up to replace them. You MUST be dedicated which means checked the thread once a day and playing your turn when it comes within 24 hours.

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS - MUST READ!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Your RTW must be patched to 1.5 and you must have NO mods installed. Check your patch version by starting up the game and going into the Options menu. At the top right of the screen it should say Ver 1.5. If it does not then you need to patch your game.

2. Download and install Part 1 of Bugfixer here. You only need Part 1 because Part 2 is for Barbarian Invasion. Bugfixer, as the name implies, fixes a number of bugs and issues that were not fixed with the developer patches.

3. Download and install VBMsetup.exe here. Vanilla Balance Mod makes a number of balancing tweaks that enhance the gameplay while keeping it close to the vanilla experience. I strongly suggest you read up on the list of changes so that you are aware during the campaign here.

4. There are 5 attached .txt files to this post. Download them all. export_descr_advice must go in your Rome - Total War\Data folder. HotSeatScript and Force_Diplomacy must go in your Rome - Total War\Data\scripts\show_me folder. descr_strat and descr_win_conditions must go in your Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder. If an existing file with the same name already exists choose to copy and replace. Backup the existing file should you wish to by moving it out of the folder or renaming it. These files contain the hotseat script, the force diplomacy script, the edited faction turn order and the edited victory conditions.

5. Go to your Rome - Total War\preferences folder and open preferences.txt. Locate UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD: and change the FALSE to TRUE. Save your changes and exit. This check removes the cap on the number of men allowed on the battlefield. This should help the AI somewhat during battles.

Done!

GAMEPLAY INSTRUCTIONS - MUST READ!
    1. You will have 24 hours from the time that you receive your save file in which to play your turn and then send the new save file via PM to the next player in line AS WELL AS the admin and also to post in the thread updating everyone that you have done so. I have included hyperlinks to everyone's profile below which you can access by clicking their name. If this is not enough time for you, you can notify us in advance on this thread and you then have two options. You can either ask for an up to 24 hour time extension or you can select another player to play your turn for you who will have 24 hours to do so from the time you ask this of them. The player can be a faction holder or a substitute. If you are absent for the 24 hour period without prior notification then your turn will be played by a substitute player. If you are absent for 5 turns in a row without notification then you will be replaced by a substitute player on a permanent basis.

2. Ingame press F1 once you've loaded your turn and then click on the question mark at the top right of the shortcut menu that appears. The adviser will show up. Click on the 'show me how' button below the advisor's portrait and then play your turn as normal, finishing by pressing the end turn button. This action enables the hotseat script and it must be done every single time you play your turn. You may run the script at any time during your turn, so long as you do so before pressing end turn. After pressing end turn, a quick save will be generated. This is the file that you must transfer to the next player in line as well as the admin. DO NOT load this quick save yourself. The quicksave will be in your Rome - Total War\saves folder.

3. To initiate diplomacy, first PM the player you wish to negotiate with via these forums and see if they agree to your deal. If they do agree to your terms then create the deal as you would usually with a diplomat but before offering it to the AI, click on the question mark at the top right of the panel to bring up the advisor and select 'show me how'. This enables the forced diplomacy script.

4. To win, your total number of regions, including vassal regions, needs to hit your target and you or your vassals must hold the target regions. Vassals can still win if they manage to achieve their objectives though territory and target regions held by their protectorate don't count. Winning gets you rep from the rest of us and changes the name of your government type to Empire! There can be multiple winners during the campaign.

THE RULES - MUST READ!
    The campaign is played on VH/VH difficulty settings.

What ISN'T allowed:

1. Use of the ingame console for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you know intel on rival factions that could have only been gained through this, such as knowing where their undefended settlements lie or where their armies are heading, the admin will pick up on it and you will be banned.

2. Do not attack ships in ports.

3. Ships in blockaded ports cannot leave without facing the blockading navy in combat.

4. Armies cannot be left in ships at port at the end of your turn because they cannot be attacked in this position.

5. If you are besieged, you may not sally out if it means the total destruction of your forces. Otherwise the besieging army will move in and occupy the settlement automatically without the besieging player being given the option to sack or suppress the settlement.

6. You cannot deliberately make a diplomatic deal that would put you in a debt greater than 5000 denarii. If you are currently paying tribute to another faction and know you will reach the 5000 debt mark, you must break your tribute agreement with them.

6. You cannot reload your turn. Reloading is an exploit that will be picked up on by the admin. For example if you have an army heading into enemy territory each turn and then suddenly choose to withdraw your forces because you moved them into the fog of war and noticed a superior enemy army heading your way, the admin will pick up on this. Reloading turns results in a ban.

7. You cannot engage a spy or assassin in an action other than movement at any point after the immediate start of your turn. This is because the random seed for chance based abilities is changed by every action you take. You must play your spies' action moves first followed by your assassins and then PM the admin with what the moves were, what order you carried them out in, and what the results were. The admin will repeat these moves themselves to make sure that they get the same results. Reloading if you fail will be noticed because the admin will also play all possible agent action moves so for example if you deliberately stop trying to kill a general because this turn your assassin died without any other logical explanation, it will be noticed.

8. You cannot trade territories for the purpose of getting free troops, this is strictly forbidden.

9. You cannot exit a battle under any circumstances and must play it to it's conclusion. You must send the admin the results of any battles fought and a quick review of how the result was achieved, to better help him judge the possibility of such outcomes.

Breaking any of these rules will generally result in a ban. The admin's word is final.

What IS allowed:

1. Breaking treaties, backstabbing allies and so forth. This is part of the game and you must be wary of it. However remember that if you act in dishonourable ways, you will become untrustworthy and your word will not be valued by other players!

2. You are allowed to surround armies on the campaign map to block off their retreat and destroy them as well as destroy agents using this method.

3. You are allowed to attack defeated armies. This gives a small advantage to factions that start weaker and earlier on the turn list to help them out.

4. You are allowed to raze any buildings you want to.

5. Battles can be fought on the battle map against player faction controlled forces. The VH AI will control the defending army.

6. You are allowed to attack an army on a tile adjacent to a settlement in order to draw out the garrison into fighting a field battle.

If you are unsure of anything, ask on the thread and I will update this section as needed.

FACTION ORDER: TURN 2
    ADMINISTRATOR: Coldfire88

THE CONFEDERACY OF BRITANNIA: SarouSaREN 2/40 Britannia Superior - Britannia Inferior - Hibernia - Belgica

THE KINGDOM OF PONTUS: yuonyuon 2/40 Pontus Proper - Cappadocia - Galatia - Propontis

THE KINGDOM OF ODRYSIA: Rougeman 2/40 Thrace Proper - Tribus Getae - Propontis - Paionia

THE KINGDOM OF ARMENIA: Bullet Storm 2/40 Armenia Proper - Colchis - Cilicia - Syria

THE HOUSE OF CORNELIA: Sebastianus Somerus 2/40 Latium

THE CONFEDERACY OF DACIA: PLAYER NEEDED! 2/40 Dacia Proper - Tribus Iazyges - Paionia - Thrace Proper

THE HOUSE OF JUNIA: PLAYER NEEDED! 2/40 Latium

THE HOUSE OF JULIA: PLAYER NEEDED! 2/40 Latium

THE CONFEDERACY OF SARMATIA: complete noob 4/50 Scythia Proper - Tribus Sarmatae - Maeotis - Bosphorus

THE CONFEDERACY OF IBERIA: Thomas Cochrane 3/40 Lusitania - Celtiberia - Baetica - Hispania

THE KINGDOM OF NUMIDIA: PLAYER NEEDED! 4/50 Numidia Proper - Libya - Mauretania - Africa

THE KINGDOM OF PTOLEMY: marcus_agrippa 5/50 Nile Delta - Syria - Babylonia - Macedonia

THE KINGDOM OF PARTHIA: dans221 3/40 Medea - Elymais - Babylonia - Syria

THE KINGDOM OF MACEDONIA: King of the Ring 4/50 Macedonia - Syria - Babylonia - Nile Delta

THE CONFEDERACY OF GERMANIA: Ariovistus Maximus 5/50 Tribus Chattii - Locus Gothi - Tribus Saxones - Latium

THE LEAGUE OF GREECE: Fraza 5/50 Laconia - Sicilia Graecus - Phrygia - Attica

THE KINGDOM OF SELEUCUS: PLAYER NEEDED! 8/60 - Syria - Babylonia - Nile Delta - Macedonia

THE CONFEDERACY OF GAUL: Tenchy10 8/60 Central Gaul - Cisalpine Gaul - Venetia - Latium YOUR TURN!

THE REPUBLIC OF CARTHAGE: eregost 9/60 Africa - Sicilia Poeni - Taraconenis - Latium

SUBSTITUTE PLAYERS:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eregost; March 24, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Default Re: RTW All Human Hotseat Campaign

I pick Carthage
    Last edited by eregost; January 14, 2013 at 05:55 AM.

marcus_agrippa's Avatar Semisalis

Sounds interesting, but finding 19 dedicated and patient players is going to be hard!
    I would like to join as Egypt.

battles can be fought against AI
    Just to be sure, this means I can fight my own battles against the army of a human opponent?
    In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_agrippa View Post
    Sounds interesting, but finding 19 dedicated and patient players is going to be hard!
    I would like to join as Egypt.

Just to be sure, this means I can fight my own battles against the army of a human opponent?
    Egypt is yours mighty Pharaoh!

Yeah it will take some time, but it isn't impossible. We've already got 2! Let us hope the hype around TW:R2 gets people back to playing Rome 1!

And yes you can fight against armies of humans. I've always played hotseat campaigns like this as fighting battles is half the fun and it makes positioning of troops on the campaign map very important.

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

Never joined one before but since the arriving Rome II already got me replaying the original, why not.
    I'll go for a challenge.............Seleucus for me
    An Ode to a briljant man
    Reality continues to ruin my life.
    Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
    Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words.
    I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.

Quote Originally Posted by freakkriek View Post
    Never joined one before but since the arriving Rome II already got me replaying the original, why not.
    I'll go for a challenge.............Seleucus for me
    Great, welcome aboard!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Julii for me.
    Last edited by Ciciro; January 14, 2013 at 02:42 PM.

Britannia.

And no fighting battles against humans, correct?

marcus_agrippa's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Britannia.

And no fighting battles against humans, correct?
    no wrong
    you can fight against the army of a human player on the battlemap.
    In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_agrippa View Post
    no wrong
    you can fight against the army of a human player on the battlemap.
    I'm out if battles can be fought. The AI is too stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    Julii for me.
    Julii it is!

Kingdom of parthia for me!.

Though, im as complete noob said, im out to if you actually get to play versus the computer.

I mean, if you want to fight battles vs the AI do solo campaing,the only thing this means is that positioning does not matter, since you will almost win every fight you do, so to get ahead you only need to rush fights in your turn so you get to play them and not your opponent.
    What did the muslim say to the mongol?

Dont sack me

Quote Originally Posted by Engenberg View Post
    Kingdom of parthia for me!.

Though, im as complete noob said, im out to if you actually get to play versus the computer.

I mean, if you want to fight battles vs the AI do solo campaing,the only thing this means is that positioning does not matter, since you will almost win every fight you do, so to get ahead you only need to rush fights in your turn so you get to play them and not your opponent.
    That's not true, I've played many hotseats and we always play with fighting against AI. Allowing this makes positioning MORE important since you have to take care not ot expose your forces to enemy attack. Things like forts, forests and spies become more important.

So yes, you will be able to play battles against the AI. If you're still interested in joining despite this do tell.

IM sorry, i cant see how you will not win 90 % of every fight you do, so im out to.
    What did the muslim say to the mongol?

Dont sack me

Quote Originally Posted by Engenberg View Post
    IM sorry, i cant see how you will not win 90 % of every fight you do, so im out to.
    Ya. And forts don't exactly work well, as long as the attacker has spies (which everyone will). If your enemy had 4 stacks that all fought together, you could take out more than half of them with 10 units. Way too overpowered.

I understand your objections but this is how I like to play hotseats and I know I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Ya. And forts don't exactly work well, as long as the attacker has spies (which everyone will). If your enemy had 4 stacks that all fought together, you could take out more than half of them with 10 units. Way too overpowered.
    A late reply but I feel I should say it all the same incase people don't know. You can defend with spies too. Having spies in your fort makes it less likely that enemy spies can infiltrate and then open the gates. So as you can imagine this does indeed place a great emphasis on agents and how you manage and deploy them. It is not mindless at all, it takes just as much campaign skill as autoresolving, it is just different.

I saw someone else take Britannia but I think they left. I'll join.. but I have not yet installed these mods. If I have problems installing them I'll have to withdraw.

EDIT: Ok, finished installing with seemingly no complications... not sure how to test if it's working though since I can't find its .exe.
    Last edited by SarouSaREN; January 17, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals!... except the weasels."

Quote Originally Posted by SarouSaREN View Post
    I saw someone else take Britannia but I think they left. I'll join.. but I have not yet installed these mods. If I have problems installing them I'll have to withdraw.

EDIT: Ok, finished installing with seemingly no complications... not sure how to test if it's working though since I can't find its .exe.
    Britannia is yours. The mod doesn't have an exe, just start up the RTW.exe like you normally would.

Now that we're in the hotseat forum, hopefully more peeps will join!

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast