View Poll Results: Byzantium?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Byzantium

1 20.00%
  • Yes Byzantium (the way it is in late era)

4 80.00%
  • Yes Byzantium (the way it is in early era).

0 0%
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the Hill:Mediterranean (SS 6.4 HS)

Default King of the Hill:Mediterranean (SS 6.4 HS)

King of the Hill : Mediterranean
    Stainless Steel Mod (Late Era and Savage AI)

An old saying once said that all roads lead to Rome...the saying never said, however, who controlled those roads...
    A new king must rise upon the hill that
    once supported the heart of the mighty Roman Empire; but several kings desire that same hill.
    You must become the undisputed King of the Hill!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No reloading turns. Any player found in violation of this rule will be banned from all hotseats.

Reloading turns is allowed.
    Turns must be played within 24 hours or you will be auto-subbed by an admin.
    If you fail to do your turn more than three times, without notifying anyone, you will be removed from the hotseat.

Once you have finished your turn and uploaded the save, PM or leave a Visitor message for the next person including a link. The Penalty is [1 mean look].

2. No merchant stacks. Stacking merchants in a military unit or fort built or a resource is an exploit and is not allowed. The penalty is [2000].

3. The defeated army rule and turn of respect. Fine-Replay turn.
    Part A: All defeated armies or fleets are not allowed to move on the turn after they have been defeated, nor can they be attacked on the turn after they have been defeated, except in cases where Part B applies.
    Part B: Exceptions to Part A:
    1. If you attack an enemy army, and your army is defeated, your army is allowed to be attacked that turn.
    2. If an enemy reinforces his defeated army in the field on his turn, that army is allowed to be attacked.
    3. If an enemy army retreats into a Fort, City, or Castle and is besieged on the same turn that that it is defeated, it may be attacked on the following turn. If the army is not besieged on the same turn that it is defeated, it may still be besieged on the following turn, but may not be attacked until the third turn.
    4. A defeated army retreats next to an undefeated target, or if an undefeated army is moved up next to a defeated army, the defeated army may be attacked again.
    5. The defeated army retreats in such a way that it completely impedes the progress of enemy forces (such as stopping in the center of a mountain pass.) This exception does not apply in the cases of forts, cities, or castles.
    6.An army being convoyed on the defeated navy cannot move under any circumstances in the turn after the defeat.
    The Penalty is [2000].
    4. All player vs. player battles must be auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted as evidence of auto-resolve. The Odds & Results screens must not be edited in any way. Editing out Map info, Cash, Unit cards, and any Agents/Units/Regions not involved in the attack is allowed. Siege weapon unit cards must be shown, if used. Battles against the AI can be played. The Penalty is [5000]

5. No surrounding enemy army/agents/navies with one stack armies/navies. This prevents retreat of enemy army and it is automatically killed after battle. The Penalty is [5000].

6. If you receive a territory as a gift,
    the troops spawned must be disbanded immediately if it is near a war zone. If not you may keep up to 3 troops to maintain public order. The number of troops allowed to keep can be changed by the hotseat administrator.

ALL units must be disbanded except one (chosen by player). The Penalty is [2000].

Sallying out when outnumbered to prevent the attacking player's army from sacking is an exploit and is banned. The Penalty is [5000].

8. Anything determined to be an exploit is banned.

These areas have variations that the hotseat administrator should list in the opening post.

9. Spies
    1. Spies may not open any gates
    2. Spies may not open any gates of any human controlled city/castle/fort.
    3. Two spies are needed to open any gate.

Spies may do anything freely, with the exception of spreading disease and opening city gates. The Penalty is [5000].
    However, two spies (both with 60% chance of success) can open a gate, but must be shown by a screenshot.

10. Assassins
    1. No restrictions on use.
    2. May be used only against agents. Priests/imans, merchants, spies, diplomats and assassins included. No generals or family members including princesses.
    3. May be used against everyone except family members. This includes princesses. The penalty is
    15,000 florins
    4. May be used against everyone except faction leader and faction heir. The penalty is 20,000 florins.
    5. May not be used for sabotage.
    6. Use of the assassin must be the first thing done on a turn with a screenshot afterwards showing the same amount of florins. This is for admin to be able to verify the outcome.

Assassins may be used freely in home territories, but a screenshot showing 60% chance is required (including the assassination of a general). Any use of assassins outside of personal territory is confined to use only against agents, and must be 80% chance of success. The Penalty is [2000].

11. Ports and Navies
    1. If port is blockaded, you must fight your way out.
    The Penalty is [2000].

12. Settlements/Buildings
    1. Buildings in settlements under siege may not be destroyed.
    The Penalty is [5,000 florins, and admin will restore buildings next turn if besieging army wins].
    2. Only religious buildings may be destroyed.
    3. Only religious and military buildings may be destroyed. Ports are not military buildings.
    4. Buildings may only be destroyed after x turns. Admin to determine x in opening post.

Buildings can only be destroyed when a city is no longer under siege. (This includes the successful attacker destroying buildings the turn of the conquering)

13. Crusades and Jihads

1. No abusing the game mechanics. Your armies must attack the targeted city, of the targeted faction, only. Maximum 2 armies on Crusade/Jihad. Admin may allow more or less armies to join.

Crusades/Jihads may be called at any time, against anyone, for any reason.
    However, only ONE army may join the Crusade.

Green text means new/changed rule.

Game Objectives

You must besiege and conquer the city of Rome, and hold it as your own for fifteen turns after the conquering (The turn it is captured does not count).

After every ten turns, the amount on control needed to win is decreased by one turn (the minimum is five).

You must show you captured Rome with pictures.

NO SACKING, EXTERMINATING, or DECONSTRUCTING in the city of ROME.

Leader/Admin of Hotseat: Peanut2bigforyou

Factions

Egypt...........................................Drako
    Turks...........................................jemdkyl
    France...........................................Drako Defeated by Mithridate
    Holy Roman Empire........................
    Mithridate
    Byzantine Empire...........................Peanut2bigforyou
    Moors..........................................bcman3
    Hungary.......................................Loose Cannon
    Last edited by Peanut2bigforyou; March 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Default Re: King of the Hill [Proposal]

I'm in

Im in too, lets make it so we get faction chosen randomly?
    Im fine with any faction but Hungary
    Last edited by Mithridate; January 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

I'd like the Ottomans please - if it's going to be a lottery I'm in anyway.

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

France please! (and again i join a HS .... meh. wanted to play france for along time xD)

I guess I can make this into a lottery, but first I need to take a poll about having Byzantium as a playable faction.

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    I'd like the Ottomans please - if it's going to be a lottery I'm in anyway.
    Ottomans? Do you mean Turks? (I am not using my mod, plus it isn't very close to being finished anyways...)
    Last edited by Peanut2bigforyou; January 15, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Default Re: King of the Hill (Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat)

Egypt

Byzantium will be a playable faction, and unchanged. I also decided that there will be no lottery, so I will soon post you guys with your desired faction and also put up the map soon!

Mithridate- I have randomly decided that you will be the Holy Roman Empire.
    Last edited by Peanut2bigforyou; January 15, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

First of all, thank you for linking to my Rules thread. It's the first time someone has taken advantage of it. Of course, now I really have to get around to updating it. Like the reloading rule which has since been reversed.

You should just copy & paste the defeated army rule out of my AOC 3 thread. That version is a contribution of Mordorru's.

And I'll take Hungary.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

StOouFf vs Mithridate should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    First of all, thank you for linking to my Rules thread. It's the first time someone has taken advantage of it. Of course, now I really have to get around to updating it. Like the reloading rule which has since been reversed.

You should just copy & paste the defeated army rule out of my AOC 3 thread. That version is a contribution of Mordorru's.

And I'll take Hungary.
    First of all, thanks you for making that list. Made this hotseat formation much easier.

I could also help you on the list, if you want.

StOouFf vs Mithridate should be interesting
    As long as they don't try to completely destroy each other, they most likely will find relative peace, because the objective is only Rome.
    The victor of this hotseat can have, hypothetically, two regions at the end of the game (as long as he owns Rome).

I was originally going to mod the map a bit so that the possible regions to be conquered would be impossible to reach, but on the account of the nasty bugs that might crop up from SS, I decided not to do so.

P.S. I forgot a rule! NO SACKING, EXTERMINATING, BUILDING, or DECONSTRUCTION in the city of ROME.
    Last edited by Peanut2bigforyou; January 15, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

StO.ouFf vs Mithridate should be interesting
    oh no not again. That Mith is a match and he makes me thinking about my turns for hours and actually playing the turns when fighting him takes even longer

anyway good Sir. I appreciate a good fight.

Default Re: King of the Hill:Mediterranean (Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat)

I have added the map; sorry for the smoked glass-look, it was the best I could get it (the map is very wide, so I could not zoom in on it).

I also decided that I would play as Byzantium, because I felt as though it is unfair that they are surrounded by human-played Hungary and Turkey. So if I get destroyed, then at least I can still be the admin

Of course if anyone is so daring to take it for themselves, I will gladly let them play as Byzantium instead, and I'll just administer this hotseat.

Egypt is up. Whenever he is able to play, the game begins.
    Last edited by Peanut2bigforyou; January 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Default Re: King of the Hill:Mediterranean (SS 6.4 HS)

I'll play tomorrow when I make sure I have the right set-up for SS. That and I'm tired right now

Seljuks up
    Last edited by complete noob:(; February 12, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

im the HRE?

OMG, this is gona be awesome
    Stouff... Hi there
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Default Re: War of Vikings (SS 6.4 HS)

wrong post

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Is there a 1 turn peace agreement for AI factions too? I want to siege an AI settlement.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

It is your turn, infidel! I will play this great piece of music to you people, from my ancestors! (I really am Turkish btw)

Mehter

I hereby openly call all Muslim factions to ally with each other or sign non-aggression packs. I will be content with Fatimidz or Moors conquering Rome, but that doesn't mean I won't try to win myself. If it seems you're definitely going to lose, do everything you can to make sure your allies win.

HRE up!

France reeinforces its defenses against the HRE.
    Their quantity of troops is feared.
    Peace is what we want.

Woah, if i did not know better id say u where prepping to invade me xD
    the HRE wants peace too, and offer a NAP to you, to Genoa, to Milan

Id like some peace for once -.-

3:35 The HRE intends to become secluded, leave us be!
    Stay away from us, and we shall stay away from you
    Last edited by Mithridate; January 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast