Thread: RobertxDog finds himself in unfamilair surroundings. - Yogbox AAR

Default RobertxDog finds himself in unfamilair surroundings. - Yogbox AAR

I wake up, I look at my surroundings. I never remember being here in this hot, humid jungle, soaked in sweat and rain, I pick myself up off the jungle floor; I look around me to see if there is anything I could possibly use. I see a set of leather armour, a wooden tool kit and a mysterious book called “Craft book” that appears to be full of instructions to make objects, a strange bit of literacy I’d say. Shaking, I began to stagger through the undergrowth. Each step hurting as much as the last. My vision began to blur and then I understood where I was, I was in the Jungle of True Despair and from what I had heard many men had gone in and had never returned and those that did return never lived long to tell the tale. Survivors had commonly said how the people they were with had begun to lose sense, all of those people ever drowned themselves, hung themselves or thrown themselves off the side of the cliffs scattered around the jungle. Why I had come in here I could only guess, bragging rights, showing off to my friends, perhaps even trying to prove to my village I was not just some push over, turns out I was a bit of a pushover.

Suddenly I heard talking in front of me but not in language I recognised, it sound like nothing I had ever heard before. I staggered towards this talking to discover a village made of mud and stone and the people of this village were very unusual compared to the people of my home village. Some of them were bare-chested and ware headdresses of a kind I had never dreamed or thought of in my entire life!

On my way through this village there seemed to be some kind of mining operation. The miner which I saw seemed to have what looked like a wooden pickaxe, a very primitive tool which historians in my village had said this tools last recorded use in my village was around 1000 years before now! Secretly I stole some of their wood.

As I continued meandering through this village it came to my attention all these natives of this village were taking absolutely no attention to me at all, it’s was like I was nothing new to them! When I finally stopped pondering on why this was I came across what looked to me like a trade station, there were containers, there were furnaces and signs which were written in a strange text.

Confused with this new world I began to walk on to the steppes of this new unfamiliar realm where I began to do the necessaries, kill animals and get there meat. When I slaughtered the final pig I heard something behind me that sounded unfamiliar, initially I thought it was another native who had decided to speak to me, I turned round and there was a creature, a leopardy looking animal which I thought was a Lynx. It sprung at me and with a firm smite of my sword the beast was dead. As it lay on the ground I thought to myself what was this that the “Lynx” had dropped. It was a Claw which I put in my pocket as a memory of this encounter. In front of me I saw a mountain which towered in to the sky; touching the very fabric of the heavens. It began to grow dark and worrying about the horrors of the night I quickly made a 1x2 2 deep hole in the mountain and in a hurry I closed the cobblestone blockade on the horrors rising outside. I was in the darkness for a minute or two until I finally made a furnace, a workbench and 4 torches out of a coal I had found earlier. I mined away the stone around me for one entire night before I had a reasonable space to settle. During my mining I found a tainted gem and 3 fiery gems, not knowing what to do with them I put them in my rucksack for preservation, as well as the gems I found 24 more pieces of coal.

Suddenly, late at night I heard a knock at the blockade, wondering what it was I opened the door to reveal a soaking wet man, with blond hair and ripped clothing.

He said a few words to me in English which were “You are not alone”, and unlike the other natives in the area he was Caucasian and he looked awfully like me! He then sat down in the corner and went off to sleep, I did the same afterwards. When I woke up in the morning he was nowhere to be seen. I checked were he had been sitting and walking and the stones showed to me that they never had even got wet in the last week. Was the man I saw actually real? Was he an incite in to the future? Was he a ghost?

As you can see this is my first AAR and I'am happy to receive constructive feedback. Also tell me what you might want to see in the next episode. POST AWAY!
    Last edited by Crazy Zebra1998; January 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

Default Re: RobertxDog finds himself in unfamilair surroundings. - Yogbox AAR

YOU LET A WEREWOLF INTO YOUR HOUSE! An excellent start. However, I plan to create a MC Server on my computer. It will be 5 player maximum so their will be no interference from stray players and we can combine our AARs. There will be no mods on the server. I hate mods. They suck.

I will have to check out Yogbox tommorow. Sounds fun. But then again MC in general is fun. And when I say I hate mods. I mean ones you have to install. I hate installing them. BTW the mod I posted about in the Mod Workshop, the Human NPC mod. I am currently working on it. However, I am nowhere near complete with the coding. I am only starting the models and the food. Yes there will be more food added into it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBaconBits View Post
    YOU LET A WEREWOLF INTO YOUR HOUSE! An excellent start. However, I plan to create a MC Server on my computer. It will be 5 player maximum so their will be no interference from stray players and we can combine our AARs. There will be no mods on the server. I hate mods. They suck.
    Thanks for your feedback, really good to know I started off excellently. The server idea sounds awesome and the thought of "RobertxDog meets AtomicBaconBits in unfamiliar surroundings" sounds like a very well thought idea. I understand your opinions on mods, I have been having problems downloading texture packs recently.

I have had some Texrture problems too. However, you need to make an AAR for more than just one adventure. You can change names of posts you created. Click i once wait 3 seconds and click it again. I did it with mine.
    Here are some new name suggestions if you change the title:

Crazy Adventures

Zebra Ztories

Robert's Corner (this one is a play on WritersCorner )

Thats all right now. But I am going to post my Enderdragon Deafeat Episode #1 - Preparations. The Final Battle will be epic.

Robert's Corner sounds really good. I can then release a string of AAR all in the same thread.

Thats exactly what I am doing. It also provides lesss clutter and you can make multiple stories on the same thread. I am still working on my videos as well. I might have to put them in a Zip for peoplet o download.