Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: V4 download / installation questions

Default V4 download / installation questions

HI, How do I set this up if I have Medieval total war through steam?

Default Re: Thera Steam set up

I'd suggest following this tutorial to install with Steam .

I did that and it doesn't work. Are there any Thera steam users?

Well, I do something a bit different. Basically, find your Kingdoms directory, go in to the mods folder. For me, this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods, might be a bit different on your end. In there, you'll see the default 4 mods with Medieval 2 Kingdoms (Americas, British_Isles, Crusades, Teutonic) and hopefully your Thera folder you've already unwrapped there.

If you've already got the Thera folder in there, all you have to do is rename one of your default Kingdoms mods (Americas, British_Isles, etcetera) to something else. Add a number to it, rename it to one of your house pets, even delete it, whatever. THEN, rename your Thera folder to whatever you've renamed/deleted. So, for example, rename the folder "Americas" to "Americas_Real". Then, rename "Thera" to "Americas". Now, when you start Medieval 2 Kingdoms through Steam, the launcher will come up. Click play, then click on "Americas" in the options below. If you've done it right, it will look at the mods in its folder, find the one named Americas, and launch that. Since the contents of the Americas folder is actually Thera's content, it will launch the mod no problem. After that, it should be smooth sailing, the worst thing I've encountered is my launcher hangs on for a little bit after the game proper starts, but it closes itself eventually.

It's probably far from the best solution and it sure ain't pretty, but that's what works for me.

The best solution for steam and mods can be found here it is the kingdoms launcher app. Put the Thera folder in your steam kingdoms mods folder then run the launcher app. Usually there is only one cfg file which the app auto detects, Thera has two, I chose the one that is not a copy.

This launcher app should solve all of your future mod needs when using a steam version of kingdoms. It's a work of genius.

Sorry for getting back so late. School started and thing have been hectic but Yellerbelly thanks a lot that makes it work. It's like getting Third Age started lol. +1 rep

Default V4 installation questions

I would like to try the mod but sadly I cannot get the newest version The servers are messy, i cound't download the mod from neither small files links and large file. I menaged to download the v4 mod from other sources, typing it into google. But I don't have Patch 4.001a and cannot download it from depositfiles- it still keeps saying I must wait... And it's only one 40 mb patch what i need Perhaps someone could upload it so i could play up to date version when i have the time now (think it is so small it could be posted even as a TW attachment..). Coz if not, I suppose that is the next week when i will have more time to fully enjoy the mod. And Thera looks very promising ; D

Edit: Ok, it's downloaded after all now. But really someone could provide better links on other services coz the current download situation REALLY could discouraged some people to play the mod...
    Last edited by TesalionLortus; January 14, 2013 at 05:31 AM.

Default Re: Download link for patch?

I am an example. depositfiles want my mobile number and it goes too far (private). I would be very happy if someone could just make another link (as the previous speaker said). The main data I got from Torrent, i only need the patch. A nice mod and I hope to be able to play the new version 4.
    For the glory of the "Faustian Reich" ;-)

cheers

On Deposit Files there should be a little 'x' in the top right of that screen (not the one to close the browser), if you click on that then you should be able to download the file.

Thanks buddy, that's very kind of you :-)
    quick response :-D

I dont see the 'X', it just says I need to wait 10 hours till I can download -,-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 17, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

Default Alternate Patch Link?

The link for the patch now is horrible, you have to wait 6 hours after downloading the full Thera Mod before you can get the patch. Is there a way around this or is there an Alternate link? I really would love to get this patch

Ok, if someone have this problem- HERE it is. You can download here the 4.001 patch without waiting 6 h xD It's the service where i store some of my files and the link for sure will not be removed. The case is only to register coz i think only then you are able to download files (but it's completely free so don't worry!)

Nice playing ; ) I already enjoy the mod and it's very nice (coz different from other mods and totally messy with all those cray factions which at the same time have great historical background)

Default download problem

I tried downloading the V4 in both the 3 part and the single part download but everytime i try to download them i get like a 5 hour download time and by the time its half an hour in it has an error. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=5220
    Heres a torrent you can use. Use the download button on the right side. Also, use a torrent client like it says next to the download button.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 23, 2013 at 01:44 PM.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Default Re: V4 installation questions

thank you i instaled it + rep
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

Glad I could help

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Don't forget the patch, people seem to forget the patch

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

My game for some reason won't start so I reinstalled it with the patch like I did before and the when i open the game the game screen comes up likes its going I start up for 5 seconds then it just goes back to desktop but does give crash report or the normal "unspecified error" message it just won't turn on

Edit: 2nd reinstall attemp worked
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Fixed

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast