Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release: Beta3 of MapAnalysator

Marcellus Trajanus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Release: Beta3 of MapAnalysator

Dunno, haven't used it that much (in fact: one time and never again as I must have tapped on every rough edge that editor has ).
    Have a map and want a brief overview over it's list of regions, the coordinates of ports and towns?
    Tired of working out R:TW compatible coordinates for descr_strat by hand? MapAnalysator might help.
    Curious? Then have a look @
    >> The MapAnaylsator Thread <<
    Now with SiteCrosshair

The Lacedaemonian's Avatar Biarchus

very good. however not all city names and ports are shown. and some coordinates are inaccurate.
    btw is it also possinle to click on a point on the map (when looking for a specific area not a city) and give that coordinate?
    Known As The Spartan At The ORG
    If You Dont Download These Spartans Will Destroy You!
    Current Version: 1.0 Next Version: Finished. (I Think) Updates,Patches,Extras,Mini-Mods

Feautures:New Units, Longer Battles,New Historical Regions In The Campaign Map, Lots Of New Reigons, Better Historcal Battles, More Buildings, And Much, Much, More
    Kaweh K's Artwork

Hi and thanks for the answers!

I know about the issue that some inaccuracies occure if town and port are on neighbouring tiles (it's well known but not high priority. Anyone having two eyes might link that unnamed port to a region themselves :wink: ) . If it's not the case and port / city names don't occure in the list while their coordinates show up try reloading the whole stuff as every second time importing the same map results in an incomplete list (it's one of those issues listed in the opening posting).

Definetely unknown to me is an issue of incorrect coordinates. I can't think of any case where only some coordinates are incorrect instead of all being wrong (due to the way the program does its job). In that case please make sure you've converted the tga to a 24 bit bitmap with the same size as the original tga. Just for example: I tried using a 60% compressed bitmap for testing and it only discovered one third of the sites so a 1:1 copy bitmap of the original tga is the best you (more likely the propgram) can work with.
    Dunno if it's of matter but if the bitmap is also 96 dpi horizontal / vertical nothing can go wrong - in theory. Feel free to post a list of inaccuracies (and their corrections of course) and an attachment with the files where they occur on whilst analysing and I'll see what I can do .

The tool is currently well tested on the maps and files of SPQR:TW, BI-WarMapII and VLAD:TW , so anyone might bring in more "testing grounds" , you're absolutely welcome

If I don't answer before monday or so don't get nervous, it's only me spending the next days off with my girlfriend . Have a nice weekend everyone,Marcellus
    Have a map and want a brief overview over it's list of regions, the coordinates of ports and towns?
    Tired of working out R:TW compatible coordinates for descr_strat by hand? MapAnalysator might help.
    Now with SiteCrosshair

One "jfyi" I really don't like

It seems as if this Beta3 would have been the last release for quite a while I fear as I definetely lack the time it would need to make progress. Additionally I have to rewrite several complex parts in order any further progress should not be as pathy as the code is by now. Redundancies, error sources, everything no one likes.

So, development is halted 'til further notifcation. Sorry to everyone waiting for new features.
    Now with SiteCrosshair

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Moved to Modification Resources forum

kshcshbash's Avatar My Good Sir CNSW
    Civitate

Nice work, man.

Sources?
    Simetrical's homeboy, yo.
    You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember -- all I am offering is the truth, nothing more.

Good work, very useful tool!
    It's the only tool that works since my last micro$hit 'update'/patch and with RTW *AND* BI.

But it would be *VERY* useful if you could add functions so that changing factions of countries, names, resources, units could be done all with your tool.
    It's very annoying always to open text files to edit things by hand (beside its easy to create bugs that ways).

Thanx anyway, its useful!

it would be perfect but it shows the coordinates like all imaging programs, starting from the upper left instead from the lower left, and RTW uses coordinates starting from the lower left...the issue can be resolver flipping the image, but it's not that good using a flipped image...

great tool anyway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12