Thread: A problem with finding Kingdoms.exe

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 A problem with finding Kingdoms.exe

When I try to run this mod I get a message that says "cannot find kingdoms.exe" I've done a bit of research and seen that this often caused by a problem with the installation of the mod, but I think I've installed it in the right place. The only difference I've seen is that I have Medieval 2 and Kingdoms, and consequently Falcom, installed on a secondary hard drive on my computer. Could that be causing the problem? Because both games work fine.

I have it installed to E:/Program Files(x86)/SEGA/Medieval 2 Total War/mods- the mod didn't create a Falcom Total War Folder-do I need to create my own?

I guess that's two questions- any help would be greatly appreciated!
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

Domesticus

Default Re: A problem with finding Kingdoms.exe

If it didnt create a Falcom 3 folder, thats probably the problem

Your full path should be Programs>SEGA>Medieval 2>Mods>Falcom 3

Them all being on a secondary harddrive is probably fine

Hope that helps, sorry for the late response

Hey, at least I got a response, thank you.
    I'll create the folder and then try to reinstall the mod to it.
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

I was having a few issues with the game itself, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall in it on my C drive (the default path). After that I reinstalled the mod, and everything works now.

Toco's Avatar Libertus

Wait, nevermind, I have a new problem.

I can successfully start it up, however, when I attempt to play it, it isn't in the launcher's mod list, could someone please help?
    Last edited by Toco; January 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: New thing.

I sometimes have the "can't find kingdoms.exe" issue, then it goes away after a few tries. No idea what causes it really...
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Domesticus

Launcher's mod list? Have no idea what you got there. Should be an icon on the desktop unless, youre doing the Steam thing, in which case, man up and buy discs