Thread: Kindle Fire, transferring WMA files to my fire

Default Kindle Fire, transferring WMA files to my fire

So Ive been using windows media player to transfer songs from my computer to my kindle.

Ive gotten about 200 on there so far, but songs which were ripped from my dads cd collection say they are "synching" but then they synch really fast and when I check my kindle through WMP the files aren't there.

also not on the kindle by looking in the Music tab.

Has anyone else faced this issue using a kindle fire hd. I don't know if the age of the cd's has anything to do with it, but they transferred to my old sansa mp3 player with no problems whatsoever

Default Re: Kindle Fire, transferring WMA files to my fire

What are the file extensions on the song you're trying to transfer? I don't trust Windows Media player to transfer anything correctly....
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

how do i find out what the file extensions are??

Quote Originally Posted by gradeAhaze View Post
    how do i find out what the file extensions are??
    Here you go: http://askabouttech.com/how-to-show-...-in-windows-7/

Alternatively you can just right click and select properties(you should select all so you dont have to go trough every single file obviously) or mouseover and wait for the popupto come up.

If they're WMA, the Kindle probably can't play them since it's not a Windows device.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky View Post
    If they're WMA, the Kindle probably can't play them since it's not a Windows device.
    Very true. Then we look at file convertors to make them into whatever is needed. Anyone have an idea what the Kindle might use? MP3 maybe?
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

I think Kindle can play MP3. I have a Fire, but I put Jelly Bean on it so I can't remember what the homebrew plays.

Your best bet is uploading them to Amazon Cloud Drive, and then trying to download them directly to your device.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud