faction heir system has been created for 6.5

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.5 mini preview by HotW 13-01-2013

No Orthodox?

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    No Orthodox?
    well still thinkering if i will let orthodox use the catholic picture or not.. i believe most orthodox factions also use iron crown..

all faction will have the ability to choose their heir.. it's just how i want to show it.. with which picture etc etc.

You. Are. My. Hero..... oftheWest I love it! What a great job you are doing with the mod and I will continue to hold my excitement for the new release! +rep
    My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the North and general of the Felix Legion, loyal servant to the true Emporer Macus Aurelius. Father to a mudered son, husband to a murdered wife and I will have my vengence in this life or the next.

Amazing! I would give you more rep if i could

Epic Job Hero Like Always . Congrats to you now in the Stainless Steel Team

Senator

More ancillaries is always good!

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.5 mini preview by HotW 11-01-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    haha good fortune for you , maximus... i just made that feature yesterday .. there will be ancillary which lets you choose your next heir.. and they will atleast have different pics for the culture catholic and islam..

there will probably be a 6.5 before 7.0... but that is up to the uppermanagement.. i just work with what i know
    delete...unimportant and failed humor
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Chazz1225's Avatar Miles

OHHHHHH THANK GOD!!! I CAN FINALLY CHOOSE WHO RULES AS HEAD OF MY KINGDOM. Sorry for Capslock but something like this has been what I was always asking for! Thankyou Hero )

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz1225 View Post
    OHHHHHH THANK GOD!!! I CAN FINALLY CHOOSE WHO RULES AS HEAD OF MY KINGDOM. Sorry for Capslock but something like this has been what I was always asking for! Thankyou Hero )
    You should know that this probably is the Next Heir ancillary submods, with some neat new icons, so it has been around for sometime.

Tiro

GREAAAAAAT!
    extremely happy to see progress which is great work!

Good looking stuff! Snakekill... close enough, heh. Good to see/hear about work on this mod!

Hate to add on this question, but are you going to add an additional image for faction heir of pagan factions? I know you answered regarding orthodox factions.
    Heh

Now with 100% more blog! -Beer me, mon Capitan!

Gratz on joining the team HOTW

Looking forward to the release of what is still the greatest mod ever made for MTW2.

Wow, this is good news!

On the technical side: It appears that the overall number of possible ancillaries will be increased. On the other hand, will the probabilities of gaining ancillaries be reduced? I am asking this because I currently play 2 TPY - some people even play 4 TPY it seems - and the generals' elongated lifespan in terms of game turns leads to accumulating more ancillaries. However, if I am informed correctly, there is a "hardcoded" limit of 8 ancillaries to every game character. Now if too many generals accumulate 8 ancillaries, the whole ancillary system may become "jammed", as most generals will be unable to pick up further ancillaries when they need to (think War Council Member under BGR IV), and there will not be enough generals with free ancillary slots to transfer unwanted ancillaries to (to make room for those needed). I hope I could make clear what I am talking about. Another solution would of course be to introduce a possibility to simply "discard" unwanted ancillaries (as far as they are transferable), but I do not know if this can be done.

Also, maybe the process of revamping the ancillary system could be taken as an opportunity to get rid of some redundant and/or useless ancillaries. For example, the siege engineer and the military engineer are very similar in effect and it is annoying if a general collects both of them.

Currently, we have the city governor ancillaries, and a general will become "Duke of suchandsuch" if he is without governor title and remains in the settlement for one turn. This often leads to an undesirable appointment, as sometimes a general must remain in a conquered settlement for at least one turn to prevent rebellion, but then is supposed to move on. However, if he becomes governor right away and the ancillary is transferred, the general is "stripped of title" and his loyalty is reduced. It would be good if the player could decide whether or not a general should become governor of a certain settlement or not. Again, I do not know whether this can be done.

Well, just some suggestions. Anyway, thanks in advance for your time and effort!

Orthodox heir crown and pagan heir mask

Ancillaries will be made slightly more rare and perhaps some will be deleted yes i will also make in some safeguards which let certain ancillaries exclude other ancillaries.. so that you don't end up with a astrologer, civil engineer, war engineer, troubadour and all the junk at once..

as for the governer titles.. i'm having an idead for this.. if i have something certain.. i'll present it

This is really great job. thanks Hero of the West.

I like the look of the orthrodox crown, but a pagan mask isn't really accurate, a crown for Lithuania would be much more accurate, dont know about Cumans trough, or Mongols.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    I like the look of the orthrodox crown, but a pagan mask isn't really accurate, a crown for Lithuania would be much more accurate, dont know about Cumans trough, or Mongols.
    pagan is a believe with weird different religions i believe multiple gods and such? my googling uncovered mostly wicca related stuff.. also my believe always was that pagan excisted out of worshopping forest gods and such? .. and there is not a pagan crown to be found all over the web..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast