Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview III

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview III

7.0 is on hold, then? Well if I may, I'd like to make one small suggestion for whoever takes over the project. Can we PLEASE fix the regions in England? They were incorrect in Kingdoms and those errors were ported straight to SS. The region called Wessex in the game consists of East Anglia, a south-eastern corner of Mercia and Wessex's client kingdoms; Kent, Surrey and Sussex. Hampshire is its own region, despite being one of the three main Wessex heartlands (Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Dorset). These are very small errors and shouldn't be too much trouble to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    7.0 is on hold, then? Well if I may, I'd like to make one small suggestion for whoever takes over the project. Can we PLEASE fix the regions in England? They were incorrect in Kingdoms and those errors were ported straight to SS. The region called Wessex in the game consists of East Anglia, a south-eastern corner of Mercia and Wessex's client kingdoms; Kent, Surrey and Sussex. Hampshire is its own region, despite being one of the three main Wessex heartlands (Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Dorset). These are very small errors and shouldn't be too much trouble to fix.
    BK-this has been pointed out before. The only problem was finding a good general name for the SE of England, and the other English regions as well.
    You either give generic geographical descriptions or find some historical name that doesn't fit very well.

As you say whatever you call the SE of England, it shouldn't be Wessex.

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Is this mod still alive? I loved 6.4 especially the byzantines, although i increased the size of the spatharii to be the same as a chivalric knight, it was so fun, the byzantines had those amazing cataphracts, those horse archers that were just amazing (cavalarii) and the scoutatoi spearmen. I loved this mod, please don't tell me it is dead, it was the best m2tw mod ever, I still play it now. If it is alive, can you please put byzantine guard archers as well. I loved 6.4 and the wars against egypt, the crusades with england, everything, it was amazing.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Argive Strategos View Post
    Is this mod still alive? I loved 6.4 especially the byzantines, although i increased the size of the spatharii to be the same as a chivalric knight, it was so fun, the byzantines had those amazing cataphracts, those horse archers that were just amazing (cavalarii) and the scoutatoi spearmen. I loved this mod, please don't tell me it is dead, it was the best m2tw mod ever, I still play it now. If it is alive, can you please put byzantine guard archers as well. I loved 6.4 and the wars against egypt, the crusades with england, everything, it was amazing.
    SS7.0 was put on hold years ago. I highly recommend you try one of these submods: Stainless Steel Historical Improvements Project (SSHIP) or Titanium.

It seems everyone loves the mighty Byzzies . You already have the equivalent of vanilla Byz Guard Archers in game, they're called Mourtatoi.
    Last edited by jurcek1987; December 03, 2015 at 07:37 AM.

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Ok, thanks very much, I never payed attention to that, thanks very much. Yep, everybody I know seems to love the byzantines too, due to their diversity of infantry, cavalry, horse archers and of course greek fire.

Is this dead?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Yep

Such a great mod sad to see it dead

Please add Greek Firethrowers! They are so fun and cool to use

aljonzc's Avatar Civis

The greatest mod of Med II Kingdoms ever, sad to see it dead for years now. I was so damn excited when they showed a preview of 7.0, as sad as the Red wedding and Hodor holding the door.

For me the submod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)
    Is the next stainless steel, more historical and improved in all aspects, for all players and lovers of stainless steel and the real history it is the best mod!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    For me the submod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)
    Is the next stainless steel, more historical and improved in all aspects, for all players and lovers of stainless steel and the real history it is the best mod!
    I'm sure it will be very good mod when they work out the bugs; the Pope bug being one of them. For instance, in one game Rome was captured by Sicily. The Pope was still there (someplace) but I could find him. I haven't played it in awhile, so if there were any changes you may wish to check it out. Personally, I like Titanium better. It leans more towards the original Stainless Steel.

They will release a new patch soon with more bugs fixed, new skins,new units roster,news improves in the game...
    This submod is much realistic, and example is that constantinople in the sship mod have almost 160000 citizens and much income,much buildings, in general is the most important city in the game(it is historical)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm sure it will be very good mod when they work out the bugs; the Pope bug being one of them. For instance, in one game Rome was captured by Sicily. The Pope was still there (someplace) but I could find him. I haven't played it in awhile, so if there were any changes you may wish to check it out. Personally, I like Titanium better. It leans more towards the original Stainless Steel.
    This is not due to SSHIP but to SS6.4. If you conquer Rome, the Pope doesn't died or disappeared. Most of the time he's hidding in the woods close to the city.

Regarding the bugs, most of them have been already fixed. The most annoying one still remaining is the graphic one due to the descr-geography file (which causes black straps on battle maps sometimes) but we're on it
    In general, I don't think that SSHIP is that bad for bugs. I know numerous mods with much more issues
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 14, 2016 at 05:01 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

SS Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by dahooscarl View Post
    SS Dead?
    No more furthure development, 6.4 is the last version.

But there are alot of perfect submods for it under the submods forum that are improving or changing SS.

Quote Originally Posted by dahooscarl View Post
    SS Dead?
    Try the submod sship(stainless steel historical improvemwnt proyect) is more challenge,more funny,more historical...is as the new stainless steel or a future medieval 3, soon sship team make the new patch with much features and improvements, try it and after say your opinion mate!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567