Page 6 of 384 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Arc 5 (Continental): Hearts, Minds, and Souls

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Arc 4: Veil of Deception

Balorun

The expressions of most present changed quickly from contempt to surprise to barely concealed suspicion. "Straight to the point. Good. We are here to investigate whether there are any remaining cultists in this town as we have just finished executing a rather large cult just to the north of here. It was under my orders that none be allowed to enter or leave as any remnants may try to escape when they realize something is amiss. And as for why you were not notified, we are not the Keaton inquisition as you may have already guessed. We operate on our own and report to no nation, our sole purpose is to oppose the followers of Majora wherever and however we can. We have almost finished sweeping the town and will leave after our business has concluded, If you cooperate we will be gone all the sooner. Interfere and we will have no choice but to assume you are one of them." Everything he said was put bluntly without emotion, however his soldiers knew this was a turning point and tensed ever so slightly ready for action should things go awry.

Caravan
    Before the body whose neck she had just broken fell down, the woman had taken a hold of his sword. Then, leaving her horse behind, she ran to the head of the wagon, and leaped on the driver’s seat with a single jump. She was met by the bandit who had just managed to disarm the guard and had her bleeding with a nasty slash on the arm at his feet.

Discarding her cloak and flinging it at the brigand in one fluid motion, the fine cloth obscured his sight just long enough to leave him no time to react when the sword of his former partner was buried in his chest.
    Leaving the blade where it was, the mysterious woman wrinkled her nose as the guard’s pained moans. Ignoring her, she picked up a whip the driver of the wagon had dropped and jumped of the cart again.

Hearing orders shouted in Hylian tongue from afar, the woman clad in a sandy yellow rounded the edge of the wagon and waited for more enemies. When two of them came into sight, she cracked her new whip.

Smiling, she mused about how funny it was that most of the common rabble thought whips were used to actually hit the backs of animals they were supposed to drive forward. When in reality the utmost care was given to not hit the animals, for a tool whose point could produce a loud crack through breaking the sound barrier had sufficient force to rip open a man’s belly. And that was exactly what it did to the spear wielding bandit nearest to her. Now that would teach those lowly servants to question her orders about attaching small, spiked metal malls to the whips tips. Assuming they’d survive to be taught, not that that would be such a great loss.

Ducenarius

Sepkinor

The Chief was of no help then. And Sepkinor lost interest. "I think there's been a miscommunication. I never said I was hiring you. Your services are not necessary. I haven't the money, nor do I have a task where someone like you could help me. So, good day." His voice was suddenly cold again, his friendly facade no longer necessary. Sepkinor began walking out the door.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    HERIUNO
    Class: Goron Monk
    Race: Goron
    Equipment: Spade, Goron Hide( Chain) , medicinal satchel
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 to attack against Zora
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade
    +4 attack when enraged
    +4 endurance when enraged

Angaos

Seeing his foe had been defeated, Angaos whirled his axe above his head, and sent it crashing down onto the Blin, its head nearly cut clean off its body as the Zolas axe cut deep into his skin. Rejoicing in his easy victory, Angaos attempted to remove his weapon from the Forest Blins skull, but found that it had wedged itself too deeply into the Blins flesh to be easily removed. Curseing, The Geozard gave the task up, leavening his axe still protruding from the Moblin's lifeless corpse.

Realizing that he would need replacements for his lost weapons, Angaos quickly made his way back into the village, letting out a grunt to the first warrior he saw to take charge while he was away. As the Zola strode through the busy streets of Arognal, he took notice of his friend Tonamuvu having a heated discussion with a few of the villagers. Looking like he might need some help keeping order, Angaos wandered over to the Zola General, making himself look as intimidating as possible as he pushed aside stray Zola villagers to get to Tonamuvu.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Beric

Beric was taken aback at this new development. He was an independent militant that had commandeered the capitol of Snowpeak. He said that his aim was the purging of heresy, but the fact that he had no affiliation with the Keaton Inquisition meant that Beric was no longer bound to tolerate this Darknut or his ilk.

"You expect me to believe you? You come in to my city with militant forces, take captive citizens of said ownership, and theaten the local lord? You are no more than a common bandit and you will stand down, lest you find yourself facing mountain steel."

A bell had started ringing in the middle of his speech. Clamoring a call to arms. Soon this bandit would face justice in form of sword and quarrel. Beric himself strode back to his knights as they stood and again drew their swords and readied their kite shields. From his pack, the mountain lord took his helm and donned it. If the Darknut wanted a fight, a fight he would get.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Cear Darrore

The whip tore through the stomach of one of the men, but it was his own fault. Using a spear against maneuovrable infantry was one of the worst tactical decisions available. While there were many factors involved in strategy, one of the most basic was using the right soldier in the right scenario. The man had a short sword which would be of use, had he got inside the range of the whip. Instead he hesitated on the outside of the whips deceptively long range, and suffered for his idiocy. On the otherhand, it saved Cear from having to discipline him himself.

He raised his right hand, two fingers raised, and waved it slightly. A wave from the sand indicated the crossbowman was watching. At least he was somewhat competent.

Cear clenched his right fist twice - Engage/Now - raised his left hand, palm cupped - There are allies - lowered his fingers until only two were raised, clenched his fist once, then raised the fingers again - To be disregard. Hesitation, then the hand from the sand waved once - Understood - and then again - Implementing orders.

Hand signals were one of the first things Cear implemented in the group, but very few took it on. There was a whistle as the bolt was fired.
    Last edited by Mattwensley; January 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Caravan

She had just raised the whip for another strike at the second enemy, when unexpectedly a bold hit her in the back. The female warrior feel down and landed on her stomach, unmoving.

Not taking any chances, the bandit she had been facing rushed to her side and thrust his sword downward, intending to make sure the job was finished.
    As it was the job would remain unfinished, for he hadn’t seen nor heard how the bolt had hit something metallic, so still hurting and leaving a mark, but not drawing blood. So it took the brigand by surprise when the seemingly defeated woman yanked the bolt out of the back of her shirt ad avoided his attempted impaling by rolling away and under the wagon.

The sword meant for her then remained buried in the sand, for before it could be pulled out again, his owners ankle was grabbed. With a surprised yelp he lost his footing and was pulled under the cart kicking and screaming. One of those kicks hit the woman in the cheek, loosening a tooth and drawing blood, but she didn’t seem to care when the rammed the crossbow bolt into his kidney.
    That done, she went up on all fours and turned. On the other side of the wagon, she could see the legs of the third bandit who had been ordered to come help back from the last wagon, just arrived and frantically searching for the trouble.
    Cracking her whip once more from her position under the cart, the leather band ensnared the unfortunate sods ankle and with a firm tug, he was brought down as well.

Moving on four legs with the grace of a wild cat, the woman came out from under the wagon while her latest victim was still in the process of hastily picking up sword and shield again. He managed that, but too late. Before he could stand up and turn to face his enemy, already surprisingly muscled arm had him in a chokehold. Being forced in a standing position, futile struggling, a shattering strike from his captor’s knee broke his spine.

Dragging her now immobilised prisoner with her as effort and carelessly like a sack of wheat, the deadly woman held him between her and the direction the bolts seemed to be coming from as she approached the second carts. There, the guard had already been killed, while the one on the last wagon had managed to emerge victorious, though lightly wounded as well.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Cear Darrore

"What do we do now?"

"You assured me your men were competent, Fane."

"You assured me you were competent!"

Cear scowled. "Then just rush to your death, Fane. That's what your men have been doing anyway."

"What kind of tactician gives advice like that?"

"One whose contract has just expired." Cear turned and tramped east through the sand.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

***igotaros***

The knight didn't have a destination in mind, but soon, his eye caught the attention of a jutting frost-capped mountain that hung in the horizon. At first glance, it reminded him of Stone Tower, in the same way it would jut out behind other hills. With this, however, came another barrage of traumatic memories. In vein of the knight's code, however, Igotaros showed no emotion and kept the thoughts to himself. He looked back to the linen-bound brethren to his right, still wary of the man and that he might turn on him at any second. He thought about the orders the king had given him, and once again, came to the realization that there were no specifics.

"Seeing as how I've nowhere in particular I MUST be, we may ride for the mountain due North to get a better lay of the land." He finished, pointing out to the regal crown of Snowpeak.

***Foos***

He had been living in Castle Town for a while now, and had just recently left the city in concern that one day, everything would come back to bite the Hylians in the ass with karmic retribution. With that in mind, Foos quickly chalked returning there off his list. Like most in today's world, he had no goals in particular other than surviving in a world under control of the Mad God, which in itself was surprisingly no different than life without; people, though they carried a slightly larger sense of fear and dread with them today, live their daily lives in reletive peace. Some great nations had fallen in the past centuries, but that's an inevitable case for nearly all, eventually.

Still he was always on edge nowadays, and the near heart attack he had gotten earlier certainly didn't help.

With his eye on Snowpeak, the pine Scrub sighed and slowly began his trek onwards.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Balorun

Upon hearing the Hylians statement he sighed. Typical, anything not ordered from above was worthless. He drew his Zweihander and planted it before him and waved his soldiers down. "I do not intend to fight, for we have no quarrel, I was merely stating facts. Do you honestly think we look like bandits? You can hardly hope to best me, I have been fighting since before your father's father was born. Not to mention all of my soldiers stationed here. We will not start any fights, but if you insist on trying it should be as a duel. Less time will be wasted that way." His stare never wavered from the lord. Any further deliberations would be a waste of time and they had other things to attend to.

Beric

A deep breath. Beric took a few steps closer to the cliff lord and looked him in his canine eye without a trace of fear. Deep breath.

"You do not make demands here. Leave now and there will be no trouble. Stay and you invite it with open arms. And if you do, I shall fight you."

Deep breath. His bastard sword extended at an angle downward along his center line. Deep braeth. The arrogant Darknut would get more than he bargained for if he pressed the attack. Deep breath.

Chief

Sepkinor heard a small rustling, which was the sounds of Chief rustling through his pack. After a brief moment of searching he pulled out the Hylians rupee purse. "This appears to be money. And quite a heft to it if my hands do not deceive me. A fine down payment on my services which you so desperately need!"

Jakadan

The knight pointed to a tall mountain that he could somewhat make out in the distant north. Yes, this could help him get a better idea of what the terrain was like and where he could possibly go next. He took note of the knight's own mission being nowhere specific, and this only made him more wary of him, questioning weather this knight truly was on a mission given to him by the king. He was perhaps the only ally he would have for quite some time, perhaps even his whole journey, so he wouldn't question him. Yet.

"It seems like the best option right now" he agreed "and hopefully there will be more than the rumors that I hear from these farmers."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Balorun

He looked back at his men and picked up his sword "None of you are to interfere." he stepped towards his opponents. "Remember that you brought this upon yourself." once he was about ten feet away he leaped at his foe bringing his weapon over his head in a overhead arc. If he could incapacitate them, rather than kill them he wouldn't have to deal with the Hylian military.

Caravan
    The last remaining brigand down at the caravan proved to be no big challenge, for her was to focused on the strange woman and concern for his crippled friend to notice the last remaining guard, who had only sustained a non-fatal slash to the chest, enabling her to pierce his body with her glaive.

When another bolt hit, this time the person the woman was abusing as a human shield, she just let him drop and calmly walked behind cover, as did the guard.
    Ignoring the request for orders from the guard, and the begging for medical aid from the one with the bigger wounds, the woman assessed the situation. As far as she knew, the only remaining enemies now were the fool with the crossbow and whoever had shouted orders before. The latter most likely being the leader. Problem was, those shouts had come from a different direction than the bolts. If she went after the one with the crossbow, the to her, most likely leader, had a better chance of escaping.
    And that simply couldn’t be! Such an affront to her person would not go unpunished!

Silencing the guards with a command that expected its orders to be carried out, yet held resentment for the ones addressed, she ordered:
    “Do try not to get shot while I go after the unruly villain who staged this insult. And have at least one wagon ready for departure, I intend to leave this dreadful place as soon as I am done.”

That said, she rolled up her new whip and took a small dagger from one of the dead brigands belts. She then dashed out of the cover the wagon had provided and, with her Body tilted Forward , right arm crooked in front of her Body and left behind, running as fast as the sand would allow, made a beeline for the general direction the shouts had come from earlier, secure in her belief that her speed would either keep her from being hit, or the shooter deciding that discretion was the better part of valour and run away.

Beric

A deep breath. Concentration. Eyes were locked onto the beast behind the sword. The body was more important to pay attention to. It commanded and the weapon would follow. As the massive sword came down, Beric, quickly for his size, darted right out of the deadly arc. A short lounge placed him out of the optimal range of the two hander and he gave a draw across the Darknut's torso. He would test the defense before committing.,

Balorun

The Lord dodged though that was hardly surprising given the range. His sword crashed into the ground rending the earth. The Claymore merely scratched across his Breastplate. "You'll have to do better than that." He wrenched his sword out of the ground and closed the gap, hunched low sword to the side. He brought the flat of the blade around into a horizontal swing.

Lady Captain Elizabeth Westcliffe
    Elizabeth had never pretended to excel at everything, or at least had never explicitly claimed to do so, and seeing any member of her force do themselves justice usually led to a feeling of pride she needed to stamp out rapidly. Better to never overextend than to blindly trust a capability that might not appear again when needed, and even pride could be a weakness.
    "A suitable idea for our circumstance. Inform LaGuire of your requirements. Wetch's squad are yours, plus Underhill and anyone inclined towards the hatchet in battle." She enjoyed that plan. There was a lot about it's wanton destruction and potentially suicidal nature that appealed to her inner soldier. "Knight Captain, you will be firing over the heads of my best combatants and into a wall of Moblin attackers. I expect your very best marksmen to be ready on the bridge and atop the platforms."

The Lady Captain lowered her hand to where the hilt of her sabre should have been, only to realise it was still leaning against the far wall, and so rested her other hand on the furniture of her pistol. Sometime between the end of this meeting and the arrival of the Moblins she would need to fit in some sleep. "The defence of the city is then dependent on the bridge alone, until such a time as the bridge is destroyed there will be no further use for a command section. I shall meet you at the east gate half an hour prior to dawn."
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Beric

Unable to block nor dodge, Beric used his own sword to redirect the force of the swing over his head. Placing the tip underneath the swing, the zweihander followed the path away from its intended path, and a final flick of the wrist continued it on its new trajectory.

Again Beric had an opening and aimed a quick jab at the Darknut's open shoulder.
    Last edited by Emrys; January 13, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Zaven

He traveled north, along the western border for a few days, resting only when he needed to. one the third day he snuck into the back of a Wagon, take this time to sleep and keep moving. He left the wagon a half day later and struck out in the direction of the Gerudo border. He walked past guard posts, camps and other groups without a hitch, never been spotted. With any luck he would soon pass from the green fields of Hyrule into the sands of the Desert.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East