Page 3 of 384 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Arc 5 (Continental): Hearts, Minds, and Souls

Default Re: Arc 4: Veil of Deception

Jakadan

The hollow knight seemed troubled by something, but he could not tell if it was the memories of the past that haunted him, madness bringing them forth, or some other combination of the two, perhaps more, but he could do little about it. He could trust him for now, to an extent, but he would be cautious, if only for his own sake. He could trust his brothers in arms, but all knew the possibility of the knights being the most broken of all of them.

"It would be much appreciated"

He walked around the horse and stepped into the chariot, leaving his weapon close to his side while the handaxe remained at his belt.

"Ready when you are."
    Last edited by SilverLich; January 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Lady Captain Elizabeth Westcliffe
    Elizabeth's fingers brushed her helmet as it lay on another nearby table. She had her suspicions about what Lucius defined as 'put down', but she supposed the men were used to it by now. After all, the more they had to fear from the Captain, the more they would be motivated by his contempt for the enemy.
    "Palisades are all we can successfully build at such short notice. As we had discussed, we can support the construction of a more imposing wall once the threat of a tide of Bokoblins has passed.

"As the commander of our crossbows has insisted, we may trust in his command to drive away any light troops, archers and riders we might face. The balance of attackers, should the palisade be compromised, is up to us. If you would review our men who remain ready to fight, and furnish them with their armour and spears. We may trust the crossbow battalion's commanders to stay in the thickest fighting." Upon their meeting, the officer had met Elizabeth and Lucius for dinner wearing full armour of blued steel and boasting of his abilities. "If he truly can catch two birds with a single quarrel, he will be inclined to show off." She glanced back at the map. If her guess was correct, all of the main posts would have been driven into the earth and the rest of the palisade would be one third done. A detail would need to be arranged to review the placement of the sentries.

"while I remember, Lucius, are there any other recommendations you may have?"
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Beric

Freya was making a big deal over the death. It wasn't like Beric had instigated the fight and Rythia had drawn a knife with an obvious intent to kill. Beric wasn't worried at all about it. As his new acquaintance went to go retrieve her furs, Beric laughed. It wasn't that cold out. He breathed in deeply of the crisp clean, mountain air, feeling a good deal better, untill a shout for his help rang. The boy ran to see what was the matter.

Upon gazing on the drawn weapons, Beric was furious. And a furious Mountain Lord is by no means a pleasant thing to face. Beric strode up to the man with his sword drawn, and with a complete change of demeanor, spoke in a clear and concise fashion.

"I will give you five seconds to drop your weapon. Any longer and you will be getting far worse than Rythia."

A normal man would have cowered with such an imposing figure threatening him, and the two dagger wielding men were. They immediately did as commanded. The third man; however, was piss drunk and began spouting.

"Why should I? Your just a no good kid of a noble pansy. I bet you haven't done an honest days work in your life!" With the last word he sprayed in Beric's face.

In response, Beric clubbed him upside the head knocking him clean out. He motioned to the innkeeper.

"Send someone to fetch the guard. A cool off in a cell will bring a bit of sense to him."

This tavern was truly a breeding ground for violence for some reason or another. Twice in the span of twenty minutes weapons had been drawn with the intend to kill. This truly was a sign of the times. Beric looked over at Freya.

"Uh... Sorry about that. Some folks around like their mead a bit much... Yeah..." He scratched the back of his head again absent mindedly. He thought it was a little funny how he was more uncomfortable around her than when he was faced with a belligerent drunk.

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Freya Valleja

The woman smiled and chuckled a bit looking at the man hit the ground. This lad was truly a fearsome sight to behold. Strong and brave, but sensitive. She would be a fool to say that those qualities were not admirable. The woman sighed. " Truth be told, I didn't take care of them myself, because I was afraid I'd have to kill them, you saved me from that situation." she smirked. She let that lay in the air a bit, not truly expanding upon her own capabilities in combat. She could be bluffing, but that was entirely up to Beric to perceive because Freya herself didn't intend on using her lance around here anytime soon.

She looked at the man. " It does look like this sort of thing happens much more often than I had anticipated." she said softly. " Maybe you do have more options." She let the sentence hang in the air as she tied the fur cloak around her neck and fashioned the lance into its proper position on her back. " Well, I do believe I will be leaving now Lord Beric." she said with a halfhearted smile. " Take care of yourself, and may all you kills strike you as profoundly as this one. Thus your humanity will remain in tact no matter what line of work you land yourself in. " The woman lingered her stare on the lad, but then nodded turning on her heel starting off towards the southern road.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Balorun

He was at the head of the column of soldiers heading in from the north road. Once they reached the edge of the town he turned to the soldiers. "Spread out and cover each exit from the town rooftops included. Don't let anyone out, but refrain from using force unless you have to. I want one archer and two skirmishers on each roof. Post one heavy squad at each entrance. Make four investigation teams and check every building. I will be conducting my own investigation separately. Quickly now the remaining members may know something is amiss. Let's get this done." A chorus of confirmations rang out from the troops as they sprang into action. Whatever his superiors might say his hand picked soldiers were some of the best they had. He started to head for the town hall. If there was any evidence of something amiss he should be able to find some indication in the records there.

Beric

The boy looked at the strange woman as she walked away down the road, berating himself for not saying anything. He could be such a dolt at times. He took a red rupee out of his wallet and put it on the counter before he himself left. That should help compensate for the mess he had made. Speaking of the mess, Rythia's body had already been thrown out the back door and into the snow to be buried later. He didn't have any friends or family to speak of, but the knights were provided ample burial rights.

Beric began whistling as he began the short trek up the steep road until he reached the Manor. His grandfather would be wondering where he was, and had mentioned a task that needed doing. One foot in front of the other, the large lad began his ascent to home.

His arrival was greeted by a manservant opening the massive timber doors and letting him into the entrance hallway. It was a grand room meant to shock and awe those who came to visit. A massive vaulted ceiling with a series of candled chandeliers hanging over two sweeping staircases. The stair on the left going to the servants quarters, kitchen, and barracks, while the stair on the right led to the great hall, the residential wing, and the massive library. Snowpeak Manor was truly an impressive show of Hylian architecture.

Beric vaulted up, two steps at a time, the right stair case to go clean his shoulder and put on proper clothes. Upon reaching his room he called Duncan, a serving boy, to assist in the matters of dressing the wound and himself. Now clothed in a royal purple and gold trimmed vestment, he headed towards his grandfather's study to see what was required of him.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

Rail , stretched, standing as he did so more for the sake of doing SOMETHING other than jus tsitting around."Any idea where we can go? These marauders will keep picking us off bit by bit if we stay out here. We need to find a safe location.Sitting here crying about it will get us nowhere.So get up, and lead them." He said, and took a step back when Sierra gave him a dark look, that kind of look that she had given him whenever she was angry, and he silently thanked the goddesses that she could not sing or chant properly, else he wouldn't have bothered staying with her. Right now...she didn't have the faintest idea where to start for a home.
    Last edited by Windrider37; January 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Freya Valleja

She walked into town, about thirty to forty-five minutes had passed since she had parted ways with Beric. A nice lad, that one who would surely grow into a strong and courageous leader. T'was the fate of the Lords and Ladies of the cities. As she got into the town she noticed very quickly that something was wrong. Men were scattering about knocking on doors, at the far end of the main road she could see heavily armored men standing in front of the gate to the palisade. The woman grabbed the lance off her back and shot over to the side of a building quickly before she was noticed.

They were dressed in funny garb, one that she hadn't seen before. She held her breath to keep her from yelping in surprise when she heard the building she was leaning against's door be rapped upon furiously. Her hand clasped over her mouth as she heard the men yammering and forcing there way inside. Something about an investigation of some sort. She shook her head. Inquisitors, She thought to herself. Though she was not a Majora worshiper, she wasn't necessarily a devout follower of the three either. She looked down the side of the building and mused upon how she would get out of this situation. She was a known pirate and inquisitor weren't likely to treat her with respect. She tightened the grip on the lance and looked at the building. Easily climbed, mainly because of the wooden fence that ran along the back side of it, but it wasn't nearly tall enough to offer her any measure of stealth. This was the low district, not many shops and the like around here. Just small residential buildings. She silently cursed herself as she fastened the lance back on her back and boldly strode out into the street, hoping that she could get out of the city without too much trouble.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Angaos

It had been nearly two hours since Angaos had begun patrolling the village’s south perimeter, and even though he would have to maintain his post for the rest of the day, not counting the several more weeks he would be stationed here, he was already bored out of his mind, whishing some wild animal would approach Arognals border, and give Angaos the satisfaction of slicing it into minuscule pieces.

As Angaos gazed out into the surrounding forest, thinking happy thoughts of him battling hordes of Wolfos single handily, he caught sight of movement from behind a large oak tree several feet away. Angaos instantly gained hope, advancing towards the forest, his wooden axe raised, ready to fight whatever monster was hiding behind the oak. As he inched closer to the tree, preparing to jump the creature from behind, a single keese emerged from its branches, and instantly took flight into the sky, completely ignoring Angaos as it retreated back into the forest.

“Blasted…bird…rat…thing” Angaos spat, stumbling with the exact name of the creature he had just encountered. Decideing “Overgrown brid” would suffice, he began walking back towards the town, let down that his terrifying monster was nothing more than a rat with wings, which hadn't even held its ground and fought Angaos. But just as these thoughts occurred to him, he heard another noise behind him, but as he turned to investigate, he was hit by a massive blow to his back, which sent the Zola sprawling into the grass, blood dripping from his mouth.

Enraged, he pulled himself back on his feet, and turned to seek out who his new found challenger was. When Angaos turned, he was disappointed, it was nothing more than a single Forest Blin, armed with a medium sized club, hardly a worthy foe. Knowing that this would be better then nothing,Angoas let out a fierce roar, and charged at his opponent, the Blin responding by smashing its club on the ground, and then swinging it at the oncoming Zola.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Forest Blin

The Blin approached its target as silently as possible, which was to say not quiet in the least. He made enough noise to draw the attention of one of the large fish, who then proceeded to come over to investigate. Luckily, a Keese was able to guard the Blin's cover. The Zola turned around again. Time to strike. "Big fish. Good meal," he thought as he raised his club. He walked up to the fish, once more alerting it with his lack of stealth. But before the Zola could face his stalker, he was hit by the Blin's massive club.

The Blin was confused. Ordinarily, any creature would have been killed by such a strike. "Big fish is tough," he surmised. It took him a moment to orient himself. A fight was the only way this could end now. Fine. Fight, then eat. The Zola got up and issued a roar of challenge. This played on the instinctual mindset of the Blin, causing him to retaliate by smashing his club on the ground in warning. This did not stop the Zola from charging. The Blin did what any normal Blin would do -- swing his club at the prey. His fighting style, however, displayed no care for his own defense. You can't win if you don't attack.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Sereno

I believe it was called a lake....or was it a sea? It had been some time since I had seen such a serene body such as this. What ever it's real designation, the people called it Lake Hylia. I sat for a time and just watched the waves against the shore of the lake. Termina was a blackened land, the light never shined there anymore, and the light upon this lake made it something out of a dream for me. Maybe I was still trapped within that hell, and this was the goddesses way of making us remember their lesson, any minute I would be thrust back into the loop of war, never to see a new horizon again.....I shudder at the thought. The light that was upon the lake was cast not by the sun, but by a burning building from the city. This was a city, going by the name Hylia marine, it was much larger than any of the villages I have passed so far. I was in Hyrule proper now, and their was a stark difference in culture. A switch from the rural in favor of the urban, it would seem they has replaced simplicity with the madness of city life. I remember the ikanan's being the same way. It was much easier to trick a man who spent his days droning along in the city than a man who watches the plains who knows when something is out of place. Although Ordana was plagued by Majora and plagued by inquisitors on their border, these Hylians suffered by their own hands. I could not see it, but the stink of magic littered the air. A dark magic, and very potent. Something like that could pose a threat, or be of great value...only one way to find out

Sereno finally dared to enter the city, scaling the walls of Hylia Marine. There were many guards, but in the darkness Sereno was the watcher. As he reached the top of the walls he somersaulted to the other end, nothing but a shadow in the night to anyone not directly staring. He bounded off the edge of the walls into the city, the roofs were his highway. Though slanted, he still had perfect balance on these rooftops so he ran towards the flames. These buildings sure are different than the flat tops of those ikanan hovels.... Thought Sereno idly, but his musings were interrupted. On the palm of his hands a Sigil glowed, magic was in the air. It was long dissipated, but the fact that it could set off an alarm like that.....he had not had to worry about magic since the days of the long night in Termina......FOOL! Watch yourself, you think yourself invulnerable but that is far from the truth! warned Rey as he came closer. Stay in the shadows.....the flame will reveal you and make you out to be the perpetrator....remember your training! buzzed Cazador also. They were warriors his Espada, but they looked after him first before their own desires, a quality he was proud of. Sereno nodded in agreement with his friends as he slowed himself down. He hide behind one of the chimneys of a building next to the burning building. He became perfectly still, molding into the shadow cast by the chimney. He waited, watching the little hylians below cry frantically for assistance, but he cared not about the wild chatter of the ants, but he waited for the wolf among the sheep to show himself in their midst. He would be out of place....not panicking like the others.....
    Last edited by Zectorman; January 13, 2013 at 02:04 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

Lucius

He thought back on the fool of a commander. Lucius wanted to cut the fool's tounge out and shove it down his throat at dinner. But he kept his cool. Coming back from his thoughts, the Ironclad captain spoke, "I will give spears and armor to those who are ready to fight. I have no recommendations as of now. I will come back to you if I find any. Now if that is all, I will return to the men." He really hoped that Elizabeth was done. He needed to get his own equipment in order and his weapons needed to be sharpened before they bathed in the blood of his enemies.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

Ducenarius

Sepkinor

Sepkinor slowed eased himself out from between the two boulders he had wedged himself between for the night. He had pressed on well after sundown, but failed to stumble upon one of the few inns that still operated in the lawless country of Hyrule. Sepkinor had sat awake on the boulders for most of the night, staying off the road where highway men prowled, and had only gone to bed when he knew the sunlight would wake in up in another hour or so. He had chosen a rock formation on a small rise, where he could hide but also keep an eye on the relatively open country around him, but he still felt vulnerable. He could sleep at Audorn. Sepkinor rolled up his blanket, stuffed it into his pack, and after checking the area one last time to be sure he left nothing, the spy set off.

He only traveled a few miles before houses and people finally began appearing alongside the road. He felt the tension in his gut release. He was in the home stretch.

Audorn had once been merely a fort, and still was technically referred to as such, but over the centuries more and more people had been drawn to the safety and connection to the Kingdom it provided. Eventually, the town around around it grew enough to rival all but the largest cities in Hyrule. The Kingdom was slow to respond though, and by the time a local governing body was established, bandits and criminals had become too powerful and influencial to remove. The fort became the site of a bitter and long struggle between the bandits and the Hylian government, one that had been won decisively by the forces of disorder as Hyrule became less and less able to communicate and trade between its cities. The government of Ft. Audorn is now a government only in name, with a particularly vicious bandit chief holding far more influence than the appointed mayor.

A few soldiers stood by the gate when Sepkinor approached, men technically working for the mayor but assuredly in the Bandit Chief's pockets. They looked bored, and acted like it. Sepkinor remembered a few years ago when they had viciously taken tolls from visitors, but the Bandit Chief had thankfully realized how bad for business it was and stopped the practice. The guards were technically supposed to go through the bags of anyone coming through the gate for signs of illegal materials or heresy, but they hardly glanced into Sepkinor's pack. It didn't matter, he had nothing to hide. No, everything important to him was in his mind.

The spy glanced around constantly as he walked down Audorn's street, scanning the houses and allys and looking for anything new or interesting. There was nothing. Just the usual beggars, taverns, and unsupervised children that marked the poor part of any city in Hyrule. At first glance, little seemed amiss. One had to live in the city for a bit, catch wind of the protection schemes, see a few of the murders and beatdowns that occurred daily and in plain sight to see how far the city had fallen.

Sepkinor slipped into the Dancing Dodongo, once of the nicer inns in town for folk with limited means, and his usual haven. He walked up to the bartender, currently in conversation with the bars only patron at this early hour

The short old man turned to Sepkinor as he approached "Usual?" He asked.

Sepkinor nodded, and placed a handful of coins he had stolen off of a merchant in Castle Town on the counter.

"Very good. Bridgit will show you to your room." He said motioning to a serving girl currently wiping tables

Sepkinor fell in behind the young lady, who took him upstairs into a small but clean bedroom.

"Enjoy your stay." She said with a bright smile.

Sepkinor nodded. "Thank-you."

He looked around, saw the minimalist setup had changed little, and then collapsed in the bed as soon as she left. 4 hours, he decided. Enough to recharge, but he'd be wasting minimal time. If there was one thing he hated, it was wasting time.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    HERIUNO
    Class: Goron Monk
    Race: Goron
    Equipment: Spade, Goron Hide( Chain) , medicinal satchel
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 to attack against Zora
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade
    +4 attack when enraged
    +4 endurance when enraged

Beric

His grandfather seemed agitated, well, more than normal, like something was on his mind. He spoke brief and short, handing his grandson an envelope stamped with the house Ador seal on it. The mission lain before him was confusing. What business did Aldrich Ador, Lord Regent of Snowpeak have in Audorn of all places? However strange it sounded, Beric would complete the task given to him. He went back to his quarters and called Duncan to gather his belongings into a pack, saddle his horse, and fetch his sword from the armory. Upon his loyal servant's completion, Beric donned his steel plate armor, traveling cloak, and mounted his horse to meet with the waiting squad of knights that would accompany him.

They rode slowly down the mountain and into the town proper to see a ruckus going on. The young noble and the fourteen Mountain Guards drew their swords and advanced forward to see what was the matter.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Sakotae the Guardian

In the savage lands of the south and the east, the natural sunlight provided a false sense of security. The beasts of these lands were not the nocturnal monstrosities of legend. They were unafraid the brave the light and perform their deeds openly. It was a feral landscape, dangerous to traverse no matter if you traveled in the purest light or the darkest shade. Sakotae would have it no other way.

The trees and canopies provided relative protection, but even these were common hunting grounds for the Res Sakis. Losing their minds did not cause their legs to become any shorter, and they would often dispatch of stray Kokiri allured by the prospect of protection from the terrors beneath. Their weakness was their haste. Due to a general lack of resistance, the Res Sakis are more often than not caught off guard when their prey is well prepared for their pounce. Anyone with so much as a slingshot would be able to knock the beasts off their perch and send them sprawling. This will often result in humorous jerking motions which serve no purpose other than to amplify the effects of the inevitable landing. It would be considered very ill luck to have to expend more than one deku seed. For these reasons, spies, guardians, and sentinels of the Kokiri people would commonly take to the trees. It offered an impeccable vantage point and little resistance.

Sakotae looked down upon two unsavory wanderers. The winds were nearly silent today, a fact that put the Guardian in a less-than-satisfactory disposition. One of his few joys was hearing the chirps and whispers of a cool breeze. Invigorating gusts would kiss and caress the flesh while sending hair and loose objects into a gentle promenade. Its absence was always depressing. Still, such a melancholic circumstance brought with it the magnificent promise of a fierce gale in the nearer future. Nature had a way of balancing itself. Regardless of his foul temperament, the Guardian did not allow this to distract from a possible contract. Stalking these two for a while could yield a measure of profit in the form of bargaining power.

The branches were sturdy and did not waver under the weight of the trespasser above them. Instead, the welcomed the careful steps and kept them grounded, as if to support a close friend as he made his way across the narrow passages formed by nature's grand design. The cacophony of buzzing and howls did little to dampen the noise from the targets below. It was almost amusing that they survived this long. To cause so much disturbance in this neck of the woods would be like swimming in a pool filled with Gyorgs with an open wound. On a more positive note, Sakotae was able to eavesdrop with little effort and soon knew the desparation of their situation. This was an excellent turn of events. Those who are without options would be more than willing to accept any offer for aid, no matter the source.

Sakotae leapt off his perch and landed in front of the Lizalfos, the grass remaining oddly undisturbed by the sudden impact. His red eyes met the gaze of the Song-Sayer, shifting only briefly to give the Hylian a glare of disdain. Before they had time to react, the Guardian quickly spoke, uncaring as to whether or not they were fully oriented to his presence. Engaging in conversation would at the very least decrease the measure of hostility from such a sudden appearance.

"I have been watching you, strangers," he hissed, "and I am willing to offer you my unique... services. Would you be willing to discuss terms of a mutually beneficial agreement?" As he approached the latter question, his voice became more honeyed. If the veil was not covering his face, one would see a smirk crawl upon his countenance.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Lady Captain Elizabeth Westcliffe
    The Lady Captain nodded.
    "Do as you see fit, Captain. You are dismissed." She returned to her map, trusting Lucius to find his way to the stores. Sergeant Wetch's skills lent him and his command to the main gate, whether they could provide a waiting row of spear-points. The crossbows would want buildings from which to rain bolts on attackers, which meant reinforcing doorways and blocking alleyway accesses in the event of a breached wall. Homewood had the flair for garrison work and the carpentry skills to make it happen, and two or three good pioneers would speed things up for her. LaGuire was a professional scrounger, he could probably 'find' seasoned wooden beams in a desert, and while on guard duty he was moderately well rested for whatever goods shortage would occur first. She could send him to arrange a barricade across the eastern edge of town. If the gate held, however, they would not need to use...

Moments later Elizabeth was leaning out of the door. LaGuire jumped, the archer sharing his duty did not.
    "Corporal. Find me Lucius and the other commander."
    "Knight Captain Cresser," the crossbowman corrected.
    "Yes ma'am." LaGuire saluted, started making his way to the armoury.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Balorun

The Townhall was a waste of time as their records were less than adequate, Typical laxity of the Hylians. Even after he had spent that much time trying convicing to the mayor of his purpose, the fool took off after some time. His soldiers would pick him up eventually. He would head out to check up on the investigations.

Captain Fengar ---Freya
    "Edran, Tull, Go check that street. There." So far so good, the locals took them to be part of the inquisition which sped things up quite a bit. His squad had just finished checking the main street when a rather unusual woman stepped out of an alley way. She was obviously not from around here and she was armed, Suggesting either a mercenary or explorer. Neither was too out of the ordinary these days. He stepped away from his soldiers near the gate."hail Ma'am, Trying get out of town? We are investigating signs of a cult here. If we could just do a quick search of your belongings, barring any incriminating evidence, you can be on your way. Resist, and we will have to assume you have something to hide."

Sergeant Major Aedefal----Beric

A boring assignment if ever there was one, none of the locals would try something, and he hadn't got enough action with the pathetic cultists. and on top of that he was stuck with guarding a gate. He was just contemplating getting a card game going when he spotted some important looking Hylians coming down the path weapons drawn. "look alive boys, spears up front. This could be interesting." He hefted his poleaxe and took a few paces forward. "Halt, this town is closed pending investigation into a cult of majora. State your name and business."

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

Lucius

He had taken his leave with Elizabeth's permission and exited the government building. He began his trek to the the armory as he watched the men prepare the defenses. Despite having to work late in the night, the men were hard at work, and working as fast as possible. The captain reached the armory and went inside. Approaching the quartermaster, Lucius spoke, "Quartermaster, I need weapons and armor to be distributed to the men and I need my halberd." The quartermaster looked into his logs and slipped away from the table. He came back a few minutes later with Lucius' halberd, "Here you go my lord, I will send the weapons and armor with some of my men and have them distributed." Lucius bowed his head in thanks and left the armory. He was now going to find a nice quiet spot to sharpen his blades when, someone called his name. "Captain Cousland!"

The captain turned around and saw one of Elizabeth's men, "LeGuire I believe his name was." The man slowed down as he approached him, "Lady Elizabeth has requested your presence immediately. If you excuse me, I must get Knight Captain Cresser." With that, he ran off, leaving Lucius standing their with an angry stare on his face and his right eye twitching. The captain placed his halberd on his back in it's holder and began walking back to the government building. "All I know is that this better be goddess damned important, Elizabeth," he thought, trying his best to push back the anger before he reached his destination.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

Phi
    Ever since Phi had abandoned his mansion and left his servants to their own devices, his day to day life had found new ways to amuse him at every turn of a corner. Today was different, in that Phi was torn between enjoying the current events, and wanting to get away from them as soon as possible. The situation itself...will take some time to describe. Phi, having left the entirety of his fortune back at the house, required "creative" methods to feed himself, many of which were less than legal. In a moment of what could best be described as straddling the line between idiocy and pure genius, Phi had chosen to steal the eggs of a swan.

That was about 2 minutes ago. At present, the Harlequin was now fleeing in terror, with eggs still in hand, from a pair of murderous birds. Phi had made multiple attempts to stop the unholy beasts, one of which involved a cart of cabbages, but to no avail. The birds would always find a way to him, and they would most likely continue their pursuit to the end of the world itself. Luckily for the Harlequin, fate was on his side, and the next corner turned led him to the stable Phi's noble steed was currently resting in. "Julio, shift yourself! Our continued existence depends on it!"

For those unfamiliar with Phi, Julio was no warhorse, nor was he a simple donkey. Julio was, to put it simply, a mule. A mule who somehow understood everything Phi said, without any training. At present, Julio was in the middle of enjoying a good drink, and seemed in no position to do anything else. At the sound of his master's voice, however, the mule immediately turned around, and proceeded to kick down the door of his stable chamber box whatever thing. The grooms were quite surprised to see the mule gallop by, and did nothing but stare. Once the mule was in close proximity to himself, Phi promptly hoisted himself onto his steed, and turned another corner. The swans were still in pursuit, but the Harlequin now held the advantage of speed.

Unfortunately, the street Phi entered was one filled with merchant stalls, people, and some guy named Steve. Alas, poor Steve happened to be in the way of Phi, Julio, and the swans. Steve will never be mentioned again, because Steve was trampled to death by hooves and webbed feet. It was a tragedy, and nobody cared in the slightest. Back onto the topic of the wild swan chase, Phi was currently weaving his way through the throngs of people, and nicking food as he passed by the various stalls. Now, Phi had to balance 4 eggs, a melon, a wedge of cheese, and a goose.

While the prospect of starving was no longer an issue, there was still the threat of being murdered by the swans, who were still pursuing them. Until Phi was struck by an idea. Standing up while upon the mule, Phi turned to face the swans, and began to throw their own eggs at them. The birds were caught unawares by the sudden assault, and tumbled to a stop, covered in bits of eggshell and yoke.

Phi then lost balance, and tumbled into a nearby stall. Thankfully, the stall's contents, a variety of furs and carpets, served to cushion the fall. Those who observed the display, having mistaken it for some elaborate performance, began to clap and hoot in excitement. The, goose however, chose to honk.

Freya Valleja

Freya looked up at the man addressing her. He seemed nice enough, but the matter at hand changed little. He was here to persecute people for their religious beliefs. Which immediately put the woman on her guard. She unsnapped her cloak and slid off her pack laying it on the ground and took up her lance holding it out wide, but not letting go. " Everything I have is here in front of me. The contents of the ruck is simply a loaf of bread and some standard first aid equipment." She eyed him carefully. She told no lie about the contents of the bag. " I would prefer if you didn't touch it however. It is my personal property and I am not subject to the inquisition of Hyrule, such are my rights." This would be the pressing issue she believed. If this man didn't concede to her battle would surely be joined, one that could only be one by her fleeing the scene as quickly as possible.

As she finished speaking she heard a bit of commotion coming from around the corner and she silently berated herself. How many of these men were there. She tried to bite her tongue but quickly looked back at the Captain and couldn't keep her mouth shut. " Also these people are not subject to your inquiry. Snow Peak is outside of Northern Hyrule. You all should go back home and focus on what's behind your own borders instead of butting your noses into everyone else's business." The last part snapped coldly. She leveled a piercing, daring, stare at the captain and swallowed the collecting saliva in her mouth. She was sweating, despite the cool breeze of the mountain.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map