Thread: Arc 5 (Continental): Hearts, Minds, and Souls

Default Re: Arc 5 (Continental): Hearts, Minds, and Souls

Athreon

Cooperating with Majora traitors.... had it come to this? No, I mustn't look at it that way. I am sparing non-combatants. Once revealed ,they would likely have to leave the Legion to remain safe... but they would live. If a life serving Majora can be called that. Ever has the Mad God feasted upon his followers. And they seem all too eager to give themselves up to it.

The Darknut noted Corcoro's displeased look. He would speak to the young Keaton when he got the chance. Out of the entire group, he felt he could trust the man perhaps the most, if only for his fanatical view of the Legion. Fanatical... perhaps they were not so different from Majora? No, no.... he couldn't start seeing it that way. It wasn't about master over followers... it was about values, virtues, and deeds. The Legion had claim to an honor Majora would never lay hold of. That was why they had the right. That is why they were better. Turning back to Erika, he nodded.

"We will spare those who do not fight us. However, if fighting breaks out in the streets, or if civilians attack us.... I can guarantee their protection no more than I would be able to if they were normal civilians in war times. As for being high in ranks.... once I reestablish myself in the Legion, that will not be difficult.

~~~~~~~~~~
    Torgo, the ancient child

So, it had finally begun. He had been surprised they got this far without a fight. As soon as the Ghoma revealed themselves, he already had an arrow lifted to his string. Armored.... not a problem. Ever had arrows been the bane of such creatures. And he bore the skill to make them deadly to even the most plated creatures. In a moment, he had fired to shots, each aimed at a joint in the creature's armor. If but one struck it's mark, the creature would be crippled, or better yet, killed.
    Oren (Died of natural causes) - Athreon - Torgo - Mariel

Alia

Yes, some testing is in order.

"Rayleigh, get in there. See what happens."

My grim companion silently complied as he walked through. I also materialized one of the crow to perch on his shoulder, as well as trying to push some of my chains through. Does the shackle only sever the mage's connection, without dispelling the magic itself? Well, it'll be apparent soon.

Shadow Temple

The gateway awaited ominously, the magic that coursed through its stonework frame now frighteningly known to all. Any who dared to pass through it would activate the arcane runes carved across its surface, and in doing so, enact the binding spells that would silence one’s connection to the Elemental Planes. Onirix now experienced this - though whether it was much of a setback for the now half-naked, lightning-sprouting mage was questionable - yet would the same hold true for a spirit such as Legato? Could this magic bind one not wrought of flesh and blood? Only time would tell.

Passing beneath the barrier which separated the tunnel before from the prison beyond proved simple enough. Legato merely floated through the stone floor, and the runes, as far as could be seen, remained silent. All seemed fine. Indeed, it would seem that they’d been outsmarted by simply not going through them, when a familiar red light began to glow… only not from the doorway.

Surrounding the poe, the floor began to glow, crimson runes forming in the stone tiles. Caked in several centuries worth of dust, they’d been hidden since times untold, when this place had been first been constructed. Just as before, the luminescent lettering floating into the air, encircling the spirit. Faster and faster it went, before finally settling to ensnare themselves about his wrists. He had become bounded just as Onirix had.

The sensations that were no doubt washing over him now would be akin to weakness, frailty… but not absence. Perhaps because of his non-mortal nature, the binding spells were weakened enough so that while his connection to the Elemental Planes were faint, they weren’t however nonexistent. His magic could function, though certainly to a limited degree, as already the control he held over his bubble was beginning to drain him. These shackles would prove troublesome, it would seem. But not insurmountable.

As Legato become ensnared in runes, Rayleigh made his way forth through the doorway, stone-bound bird now sitting atop his shoulder. As he did so, the runic symbols and ancient wards flared slightly, turning a dull red in color, but did nothing more before fading. No immaterial shackles did form and alight around his limbs or neck, likely because he held no connection to the Elemental Planes. But the same could not be said for crow.

As with the bubble before it, it seemed duller now, as if the wards had had some affect on it. While it seemed unfazed beyond this change in coloration, to Rayleigh it would have seemed heavier now. Either it had gained weight - an impossibility - or it had become more akin to the stone is had been shaped from.

Lieutenant Erika Homewood
    She had them. Probably. Erika smothered an impulse to smile.
    "I'm glad you all agree. But, careful what you say, right? Rebellion gets leaders riled, maybe least someone out there will decide to kill them all anyway."

Next she addressed Athreon directly.
    "How high are you? With respect to your noble station," she quickly added. So what did blood mean among the Darknut, relative to rank? "You are an Initiate, right?"
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

I-A's Avatar Civis
    I'm juxtaposed between realities attempting to conjoin beauty, efficiency and life.

Maria Sotabashi

"Well," She chuckles and looks up toward the ceiling

"Believe it or not it's a funny story. I got a little tired of being home, and by a little I mean a lot. I had already learned my craft from the wizards up in the mountains... I know they told me who they were I just can't remember very well. But, I headed out into the world to try and do some good, as I was heading out I happened upon what I thought was a wounded traveler and I was extremely wrong. I went to go try to help him, and out of nowhere I feel a blade at my neck. These Majora cultists decided that a young girl was the perfect sacrifice for their god so they started bringing me toward the desert with them. Fortunately, a group of mercenaries robbed and killed them, taking all their prisoners with them, lucky me I thought I'm going to be saved!"

She starts laughing a little before continuing with her story, quite clearly amused by her own misfortunes

"Wrong again, the mercenaries were employed by a different group of cultists, I don't even know who these freaks were they were insane, literally most of them. I was sure I was dead, then you and your party happened along and actually managed to save me.... so, I've quite literally been a prisoner for the past two or so weeks, it's been truly unpleasant."

The Hylian turns her gaze back toward Mariel

"What about you? How did you end up here"

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

***Foos***
    "Oh, high? All the time." Foos began, addressing the Hylian's question that wasn't directed at him in the slightest, and now putting his might into lifting one of the corpses, slowly dragging it along the floor by its feet.

"Come on, you big bastard, you have a new home you gotta go to." The Deku continued to speak amid audible grunts as he stepped out of the door with the first rotting body. In doing so, as he passed the Keaton, Foos took the liberty of gently flicking the fox on the nose again.

"Better luck next time, mate."

***Mihkael***
    He took another sip of his drink, before checking his pocketwatch. In short order, the undead inventor drew his book and began to furiously scribble in the margins, occasionally pondering to himself by gently chewing on the end of the pencil. If he could just get the ammo feed to..

He was about to put the utensil back to the leaves, as a quick, wooden hand suddenly swiped it from under his eyes.

"Wa-AUGH!"
    "-Alright, let's go. We're gonna go kill some fools." a familiar, squeaky voice announced as the Labrynnian flew backwards from his barstool, now being dragged by the collar of his overcoat.
    Last edited by TheHylianJuggalo; August 18, 2016 at 02:22 PM.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Tantalis

The Agomite princeling wheeled in place, his baleful eyes confirming the beholden threat. Without wasting even a moment, he pulled up his left hand and dragged Impa's dagger across the scarred and damaged palm, reopening old wounds. He held a fist before him for the faintest of moments, letting a bead of crimson drop onto the dagger, and then clapping the hand open and around the blade as if trying to catch a bug. With an outward motion, the sliced palm dragged forth a blood-covered sword from handle of the dagger, lengthening out into a longsword of reddened shadow.

Wincing his left hand back under a stained sleeve pressed against his chest, the blood wizard leapt from the branch holding Impa's dagger-made-sword aloft. He landed down on a boulder at the edge of the unnatural clearing, off on the left edge of the companions' line of sight, the abyssal sword crashing down into the shell of one of creatures.

Eldara - Outside

The Gerudo lit flame to sparse grass and rotten shrubbery, but the dryness and dead reality of that life meant it lit aflame, spreading weakly but connecting up into a line of sorts. By the time the Ikanians might assemble on the other side of the fort, Khalwar would feel confident they'd be met by a blazing wall.

Eldara - Inside

The mute pirate hit her mark, the sword plunging deep into the spinal cord of the giant humanoid as he attempted to stand himself back up. He roared, tumbling back down, deafening all mortals around him and causing his assailant to fall and roll off his ribs and into the growing flames and open courtyard. There was little time to breathe, as the assassins of the tower were momentarily upon her, drawing wicked curved blades.

The skull was not severed, she would have time to see, her sword stuck like a toothpick through a rock, but if she did not flee now, she was like to die.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; August 21, 2016 at 03:08 AM.

Corcoro of Aslosus

Corcoro sniffled, fidgetted and swatted at his nose as he got the flick. He wanted to lash out, but by now any high emotions he felt were gone and so his Legion discipline needed to take over. He could only shoot a slightly annoyed glance at the wooden demon-worshiper. He could think of nothing--so reasonably witty anyway-- he wanted to say in response.

"Well, if civilians attack us in the name of Majora, then I say we ought to see them routed as if they were combatants. At that point, it is not feasible to show any unusual mercies. We should be wary of any more tricks." He said, rubbing at his nose. That was kind of sensitive...

As if they hadn't been tricked already, that is.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Stabber

The Ikanian nodded in agreement "If civilians attack us then they've made their loyalties clear, they might even be worse than the openly militant ones as they can retreat back to other civilians and spread their fanaticism or wait for another time to strike."
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Khalwar

Her gaze sweeping over the growing flames, Khalwar exhaled, exhausted in every sense of the world. She allowed herself four seconds of idleness, then she sighed and drove her horse forward, to rejoin the retreating soldiers.

At least the fresh wall of fire, along with the much higher flames coming from the Fort, made it basically impossible for the soldiers to get lost in the dark, since they knew exactly which direction they must not take.

The darkness of course made it hard to assess how many people had made it out, and who. At best Khalwar could differentiate between lucky bastard on horseback and unlucky bastards on foot. And if everyone with a horse were to share its mount with another person, there would still be more than twice as many people on foot than on horseback.

Spotting one such horse with two riders, the Gerudo commander hurried to its side and called them over. The riders were one Ordonian, to whom the horse seemed to belong, and a Gerudo with a nasty, but non-fatal wound.

Ignoring the rather telling way the two of them held hands, Khalwar ordered:
    "Ride ahead as fast as you can. Warn everyone you find of what's coming, but do not halt any longer than absolutely necessary. You must reach bring word to the Mayorship and inform them about everything that happened here. Furthermore, tell them that once I have managed to organise the survivors, I will stay behind with a few riders to keep an eye on the Ikanian advance. If they can, have them sent mounted reinforcements to at least hinder them until we can make another stand.

Now RIDE!" she all but shouted. The two soldiers were quick to obey. Racing like the legions of Termina were on their feet, which let's be honest, they were, they rode past the other fleeing soldiers, away from Eldara, back into a country whose future had just become a lot more uncertain.

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Onirix

"Alrighty then, we have confirmation that the floor is also cursed. They really did think of everything. It makes sense. The Shadow Temple has been here a long time. Legato probably wasn't the first poe to try that. Alas, we must proceed. Alia and Dragus, you have the much more pleasant option of not getting attacked by the floor or door and acting via proxy. Dragus, I know there's no corpses to raise in this particular hallway, but you're a resourceful sort. Perhaps you have something else to animate, or maybe you could just wait here and I'll drag the first person I kill on back to you? Alia, of course, has birds. Rayleigh, Legato, shall we be off? I get anxious when we wait too long.The Sheikah may not not know exactly where we are at this particular moment, but Farore knows they've noticed a disturbance by now. We didn't exactly hide any of the bodies, burn marks, or blood streaks and I did release a pack of boes earlier. Speed is our friend. We're still very much outnumbered until we let some more things out."

Onirix paced nervously, fiddling with his axe. With all of the casting and punching that the rogue wizard did, it was easy to forget how well armed he was. Paranoia was the mother of preparation, after all. Onirix had chosen his armaments with a critical eye. His weapons reflected his combat philosophy. Before meeting Beric's forces, the wizard had always assumed that, along with the Sheikah themselves, he would be hunted by more conventional forces. Agahnim was no stranger to using pawns. The battle at Lon Lon had only confirmed Onirix's suspicions. As much as he had to counter light and mobile Sheikah, he also had to counter armored foes. He was no knight, and he knew that. Since heavy armor was impractical for a man on the move, Onirix chose to make the most of his mobility to counter armor. As such, Onirix didn't like swords. Swords did not stand up to plate in simple slashing maneuvers. He would have to thrust at weak points in the armor, limiting his options, or opt for half-swording or mordhau, which he barely understood. Living alone in the woods did not allow for proper training in such arts.

Axes, however, were simple weapons, filling the gap between the sword and the mace. Onirix could damage the finest plate, and, even if a blow were not immediately fatal, the sheer blunt trauma would hurt like Termina and maybe cause internal bleeding. The axe was also a utilitarian tool, allowing a hermit to chop firewood and not freeze to death during harsh winters, so long as he managed to avoid the trees that were sentient. They tended to not like being hacked on. In Onirix's defense, they all looked the same until they started moving about in a murderous rage. Axes also had the benefit of being lower maintenance than swords, breaking less often when dulled and requiring less time with a whestone. While a proper knight would have squires, training, and a baggage train for help, the angry man from the forest had no logistical backing. He needed the melee weapon of a guerrilla, and he found it in the axe. By leveraging his magic along with the axe, Onirix could switch between skirmishing and brawling as needed, allowing him to fight any foe at any range.

As Onirix nervously waited for his friends, he examined his axe. It was in very good shape, having been replaced very recently. The old, rusty, iron axe he'd picked off of some anonymous bandit had been thrown on the "bandit weapon pile" back at the chateau and a shiny new murder tool had been bought from Beric's quartermaster using the stipend Dragus had granted him after delivering the cart of supplies that he'd stolen from the Sheikah occupied warehouse in Lon Lon. The axe in question was a Gerudo pick-axe style weapon of solid make, with a crescent head of beautiful steel. The rear of the weapon held the "pick" part of the weapon, a grand spike that could be used to crush or pierce any materials that the front of weapon could not.

He held the axe in his dominant hand, the left, though truly, the wizard was pretty ambidextrous. Onirix reached into his satchel and drew one of his nine looted Sheikah daggers. Sheikah daggers were a very mixed bunch. With each of the weapons built custom to the hands of its wielder, the weapons were very hit or miss for Onirix. There were two daggers that Onirix really liked, and actually enjoyed using in a melee. Said daggers were looted from men or women with hands similar to his own. One of said daggers now rested in Onirix's right hand, while another lay in reserve, the emergency dagger hidden in his boot. The daggers that did not fit the wizard's hand comfortably stayed in the satchel. Onirix had barely seen a rupee in his life, but he knew the value of good weapons. He saved the daggers, partly for potential bartering, partly just to stare at occasionally to reflect on his best kills. Sometimes, he would throw them at people, which was kind of fun. Rayleigh was probably much, much better at throwing knives, but Onirix still appreciated the concept of propelling sharp objects at high speeds towards people that he didn't like.

Waste not, want not. Everything has value. You just need to be creative.

In an amusing twist, Onirix's daggers bore no poison. In fact, they were tipped with what could be considered a sort of opposite to poison. Onirix's waist satchel was a single compartment, so the horde of daggers were stacked next to a small wallet and his bar of soap. Particularly perceptive victims of Onirix's dagger wrath would notice a fresh, flowery scent to go along with their horrendous pain. Ironically enough, the crazy man from the woods likely bathed more often than most civilized folk. After all, cleanliness was next to gods-liness! That, and the years spent in the corpse-infested tunnels below had engendered a hatred of filth in the mad mage. Every time he got covered in dirt or blood, he recalled the dark days of his youth. Given the opportunity, Onirix would probably drown Agahnim in the same river of blood and sewage in which he had once lived and see how he liked it...

Free Kekistan

Yaria

With a tremendous thud the monstrous arachnid smashed into the ground, its hide dotted with many an arrow whose aims had proven to be true. Still it was, for a moment upon landing, before its twisted, broken limbs began to twitch wildly in the open air, flailing about as what few remaining neural signals still coursed through its quickly cooling corpse. A thick, foul-smelling blood - more viscous than fluid - oozed forth from shattered, arrow-pierced joints, painting its otherwise dull carapace in varying hues of green, blue, and yellow. Not much of an improvement in terms of appearance, but a dead gohma was better than any live one, that was for sure.

Still, in its final few moments, as the life drained itself out of its body in mid fall, its singular eye had managed to focus itself just long enough to gaze upon the prey-animals it had sought to kill. Small, pitiful things two of them had seemed, ripe for hunting and dismemberment. The third merely set off its innate need to flee, to survive, which was then in turn dulled by the will of the swarm. The forth, meanwhile, reeked of the flesh it was formed of, and could do little to hide itself from this one’s senses… not that it could do anything else about it now. But it had done enough, and now its kin knew what it had known: food was present.

The swarm was coming. It was time to feed.

Yaria stumbled backwards, falling flat on her back as what could only be described as a most foul form crashed before her, sundering the ground beneath its great weight; a gangly mass of twisting, twitching limbs, reaching outwards about an armored body decked in its own blood, of of which surrounded a singular eye, clouded in death. Her own eyes widened with fear as her gaze met its pale one.

Even when dead, she could still feel it looking at her, its vision piercing her body. Even when dead, she could still hear its song in her head, a multitude drowning out the silence that had taken this dead forest. She crawled back as fast as she could, away from the horrid thing, kicking up dirt and dust until she felt something hard against her back. Wood. Yaria looked up to see the dying, dried-out bark of an ancient oak above her. She then quickly turned her gaze back to gohma, as if at any moment it would attempt to rise again even in death.

The young horonian could barely handle it all. She wasn’t a fighter! She wasn’t a warrior! She was just a healer in training who had lost her mentor in this foreign land, and had now been tasked by the maku to cleanse it of this darkness. But what could she do? With only a pitifully small dagger at her side, and barely a grasp of magic at her control…

The dreaded song of the gohma was becoming too much to bear for her. She curled up against the tree, arms wrapped around her legs, head held low, as she trembled with fear. This was all just too much.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Gohma

Pain. The prey beasts were clearly dangerous. The hive must be protected. The hive must feed. Onward they drove, their legs clicking and creaking in an unnatural rhythm. The foul one was out of reach for now, but the stinging one was close. As for the dark one, their guiding voice remained silent.

While one of the Gohma fell to the Kokiri arrows, five more surged in an all out charge meaning to overwhelm, crush within their steong claws, and bring their husks to the hive where the matriarch could feed.

The dark one was hard to perceive, fluttering in and out of peripheral observation as if a dancing shadow. But this shadow had fangs it seemed, biting into one of the hive's eyes. Turning instantly to surround the ostracized enemy, six of the insectoid monstrosities moved to surround Tantalis as they would do any prey.

A single extension of the hive mind was all that was deemed needed to gather up the morsel that was the young Horonian. The hive must survive. The hive must eat. And here before them laid their next meal.

Fairy Manifest
    A blaze of blues and greens lit the area as the manifest expended her own life energy to destroy these perversions of nature. One had already fallen to her Salvo, but more were coming and if she was right, there were bound to be more nearby. Another discharge flew from her body and charred one of the beasts charging Torgo. This newcomer to the forest was an unknown and who knew if could be trusted. All that mattered now was survival so as to complete the mission.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Tantalis

The magus grimaced and wheeled around once again, leaping from the boulder with one foot set to use one of the beasts' shelled backs to launch himself even further away from his initial foes. Coming down from that second jump, he would land closer to the Kokiri which had suddenly appeared with a bow; he aimed to crash down upon another of the monsters, this time one on the far opposite flank, using his artificial sword like a descending spear.

As he danced about, Tantalis could feel the wound on his palm deepening with every shift of a muscle, the dagger handle soon flicking about drops of his divine blood onto the battlefield. Other wounds upon his person aggrieved him deeply, such as that upon his leg where he knew a bone was misplaced - the image of the white spike emerging from his shin came to mind. It was currently bound and melded by the magic of the Koroks, covered in a thick later of bark-like soil. His arms and torso were likewise scratched and cut, scraped and dirtied. These woods had not been kind to Tantalis, and the irony was that it had all been sustained with purpose of avoiding these innumerable things of filth.

Alia

Rayleigh was unaffected. Bummer, would be clearer if he was. It could be as simple as the lack of decent connection to any magical plane to sever in the first place, but there's no way to tell if it's caused by some special marking in his soul that I'm unaware of.

Oh well, he'll pack a mean punch on the other side at least.

That's problem one. Problem two, I'm staring right at it. Him, to be exact.

No words was needed, for the silent of his mind meant that we cannot keep up the telepathic chat through this door. Neither can I access the bird, I can barely felt its presence - whatever magical thing will suffer considerably upon passing that door.

"Pass him back. Come, Talloon."

The crow jumped off and walked back to this side, apparently unrestricted but upon return there's a portion of the mana I initially imbued it missing. Frowning a bit, I had it walk back and forth and measure the decay.

Finally satisfied after half dozen tries, I added more mana and reshaped it into a larger one for combat purposes. It stood two meters tall and had over three in wingspan, which I sent to assist the exploration team. I felt the connection became cloudy when it went through, but at least it's not completely gone.

"Alright, let me recount. Any magical construct lost a quarter of its current mana supply upon going in and out. Not sure if it's just one times deduction upon entering or exiting, or twice on smaller value but keep that in mind if you'll send anything." That was mostly for Andromalius. I coughed to clear my throat, before continuing.

"Talloon will assist you guys, but I cant keep any control over him. He's intelligent enough to distinguish enemies, but you can use simple verbal commands in case of some need of... improvisation. Should last several hours by itself, I hope that's enough."

Legato

"Blasted Sheikah and their runes...." Legato grumbled. Thankfully this was the Shadow Temple and the very energies that the Shiekah wished to contain, they had made their home on top of. It wouldn't be hard for Legato to replenish his energy here, but it would still take time.

"I agree my boy. Let us move on from this warded hell. However, do not rush, these wards were not made to kill.... Simply contain and weaken. I fear we may be coming up on something dangerous." Legato would stay towards the rear as he tried to regenerate some of his energy as well as keep a watchful eye on the Shadows, he would listen for the whispers of spirits who had been through this place before him.

However in another place,
    As he walks into a building in a Town, He notices a Man being dragged away from his Collar, Zerkon follows them...

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Onirix

"Off we go then."

Onirix's desire to lead from the front in glorious battle once again compelled him to take point. He gently grabbed Taloon and placed the bird on his left shoulder, scratching its head lovingly as he marched.

Oh, Alia, you always know how to make me happy.

Amazing, isn't it? It's adorable, but it also kills people!

"Legato, let me know if you hear anything from the spirits here. I suspect we'll come across a herd of angry keese soon, or perhaps one enormous one."

Onirix tried to plan for the fights ahead.

Okay, we don't have the planes here. Fire is out, and its not like Shadow was going to work anyway. The only thing we have is physical violence and expressions of pure energy in lightning. Assuming we encounter keese, that's not a major handicap. They don't burn very well anyway. Weird little buggers. Furthermore, anything living in the Shadow Temple for this long has likely developed some evolutionary...divergences. Take us, for example. We're a freakish abomination! Throwing Shadow at us is like throwing carrots at a horse.

Mmm, carrots. Boss, can we stop and eat?

No, vengeance now, lunch later.

But our belly has the rumblies. Maybe we can munch on one of these corpses? Redead's eat people. Why can't we? Look how delicious Rayleigh looks!

Maybe just a little nibble? He has two hands. Just take a little bit off one of his fingers.

Oni dammit, he does look delicious. No. No! Stop it! We are not going to eat Rayleigh. Focus!

Maybe Dragus, then? Or Alia? Or one of the birds?

Could we eat Legato? Is that possible? Jalhalla has enough fat to go around! Eat him!

I hate myselves. I really hate myselves.

Onirix soldiered on, attempting to ignore the rumbling of his belly as best he could. He suddenly understood Jalhalla's thought process in a way that no one else could...

Free Kekistan

Shadow Temple

As fair lady Alia, alongside her stalwart compatriot Elise, finished up upon their research into the effects of the runes upon magical constructs, and Andromalius and Jalhalla continued their vigil from the relative safety of the opposite side of the opposite side of the gateway, this left only the phantasmal Legato, steadfast Rayleigh, the ever mad Onirix, and now the stone corvid Taloon within the actual prison proper. With what was assuredly now his second best bird buddy sitting upon his shoulder, Onirix appeared to be in a rather upbeat mood, for he almost immediately led the charge deeper in to this accursed place. Not that he got that far, however, for one barrier still blocked his path.

The dark was deep. The dark was thick. Alive almost it seemed as it swirled about, and like a wall it stood before him, grand and seemingly impassible. It gave no care to whatever light the mad mage and his companions brought, and only danced back away from the pale blue that emanated from the torch resting on the stonework beside a somewhat innocuous looking lever. That would need to be looked into, eventually, but for now…

As Onirix approached closer, his stomach growling like a cornered wolfos all along, a part of the dark parted aside quite suddenly, and out popped the tiny bubble, intact but no longer alit. It bounced upon the ground, wings flapping somewhat humorously, as it tried to reignite the purple flame that had encapsulated itself only just moments before. In this state of what might be considered phantasmal nudity, however, something odd quite quickly became rather apparent. Dozens upon dozens of scratch marks, carved right into the bone itself.

Small they were, created by something which possessed five digits on each foot and what assuredly must have been some rather sharp claws attached to them. This fit the general morphology of the keese, and matched what the party could hear flitting about in the shadows above, but these furrows in the bone were too deep and wide to have been caused by your everyday keese. Something bigger was the culprit, and must have been at least twice, perhaps even thrice, the size of the average winged vermin. As big as a small child or kokiri, almost, it must have been in order to pull off this sort of damage off. And the wingspan! Such a manner beast must possess one that would put even birds to shame. No doubt these creatures were deadly, yet at the same, none had choses to reveal themselves. Perhaps they disliked the light. If so, then entering the darkness would be perilous indeed… they would need something to push it back, if any of them were going to make it through here with all their parts intact.
    Last edited by Nergali; August 29, 2016 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Oh ya, and for those who still haven't moved forward, you still have those two statues coming for ya... have fun.

Zerkon

He got bored from following the person, So he left town to return to his Cell, He finally arrives back to the cave, He sees his cell preparing for a ritual "Cultist:Welcome back, we are ready to preform the ritual," The ritual is supposed to start weakening the Forest life of the Korkiri, They begin to preform the ritual.