Thread: Rome 2: bugs and crashes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon4 Rome 2: bugs and crashes.

Me and my friend can't wait for Rome 2, but there's one thing in Shogun 2/fots that pretty much ruins an entire aspect of the game for us: crashing and bugs.

It is almost impossible to have a nice, long couple of hours of multiplayer campaign without the game crashing, battle not loading properly and black screens. I'm surprised the majority of these issues are still in the game, I mean, CA play the game...

It seems to get progressively worse the longer you go, and we've pretty much stopped playing because of this. You may be thinking "This has nothing to do with Rome". Well, it does. If there is constant crashing/bugs in the multiplayer campaign in Rome after a year of it's release, I would not be expecting my game to crash every 5 turns as it should have been fixed. I have no idea what i'd do if this was the case, but I can tell you i'd be disappointed.

Do we know if CA will do extra bug/crash testing for their updates for Rome 2, or will they move onto the next game, leaving the issues untouched like they did with Shogun 2?

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Rome 2: bugs and crashes.

Actually I think Shogun 2 is very stable, and was more stable than other previous CA games in my opinion

I don't recall Shogun 2, or any of its expansions, ever crashing on me. This is with hundreds of hours in.

Primicerius

Depends on the processor. AMD tends to crash a lot in my experiance.

I have never had problems playing Shogun for many hours. If it's a problem of the MP, I don't care much as the TW games are mainly SP and that's what is important to be stable. The MP can be adjusted after the release with a patch or so.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

What? The game hasn't been out yet and is already crashing! Holly cow!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    What? The game hasn't been out yet and is already crashing! Holly cow!
    My comments about crashing are related to Shogun 2, and my question is if this will be present in Rome 2 or not. I mean, it is inevitable that it WILL crash, but Shogun 2 crashes alot on the MP campaign for me and my friend.

It is painful to read the silly responses.

The OP talks about multilayer campaign bugs of the Shogun 2, which are unfortunately still present after so much time has passed after the release.

The rhetorical question op asks, is if the new game, Rome II, will follow the same lame practice of having such obvious bugs on release, and not fixing them for year to come.

Duh.

Not having had any problems to speak of - SP or MP - all I can do is smile.

"The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

Fix your drivers. If that doesn't work, re-install OS. If even that doesn't work you may have a faulty GPU.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Shogun 2 very stable for me, I have hundreds of hours into it and I don't think I have ever had it crash... well at least not have it crash without me causing it, in the way of testing new mods I have made.

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

What, there are already bugs and crashes in Rome 2 ?

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

Quote Originally Posted by GERULA666 View Post
    What, there are already bugs and crashes in Rome 2 ?
    It probably crashes all the time, it is pre-alpha.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Shogun 2 has never crashed for me. Only with mods, I prefer it without mods anyway.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

I do not think the OP is talking about a standard single player game of Shogun.

Now he is having problems with multi player and crashes.

However one assumes that any bugs that have been present in the Warscape engine up to this date have been fixed.
    Any bugs that surface with the New ROME II should only be new ones and not repeat bugs from previous versions.

Of course one hopes the game is bug free but I am a realist.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Played about 100 Hours in Online Coop-Campaign, we just had maybe one-two crashed in battles with 12.000+ troops, seems like Hardware/software related.
    Make Total War Great Again

Well, here is ny experience with the COOP campaigns in the previous total war games. Empire was a bug fest, while it got several patches that greatly increased stability in SP, the COOP campaign remained pretty much unplayable. Then came napoleon which did have improvements but still tended to crash a little too often. Shogun II however was for me nearly free of crashes in the COOP campaign and it has been very playable. So if CA continues their improvement rate in Rome 2 as earlier, I am confident that it will be the best COOP TW game ever. While I do not think that it will be completely bug free (anything can be broken if you try hard enough) it should play nicely.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Stoferr View Post
    Well, here is ny experience with the COOP campaigns in the previous total war games. Empire was a bug fest, while it got several patches that greatly increased stability in SP, the COOP campaign remained pretty much unplayable. Then came napoleon which did have improvements but still tended to crash a little too often. Shogun II however was for me nearly free of crashes in the COOP campaign and it has been very playable. So if CA continues their improvement rate in Rome 2 as earlier, I am confident that it will be the best COOP TW game ever. While I do not think that it will be completely bug free (anything can be broken if you try hard enough) it should play nicely.
    Yep, I played a couple of MP campiagns too in S2, it crashed only once, maybe twice, but they were worth it, they were by far the funniest and most interesting campaigns I had played.