Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IB2 AFRICA VANDALORVM II last version ?

Default Re: IB2 AFRICA VANDALORVM II last version ?

Quote Originally Posted by abe_squall View Post
    I love this mod...but only after avoiding WRE bankrupt
    To make the Roman campaign more playable I did the following:
    1) Install the attachment.
    2) Change upkeep cost for all roman units. To do this,go to IB2/data directory and open the export_descr_unit.txt file. After modifying this file the game WON'T BE SAVE COMPATIBLE (at least in my case). Search the roman units and for every unit you will have a line like this: stat_cost 1, 90, 60, 65, 50, 110, 4, 20
    First number is the nš of turns to recruit, second is recruitment, third number is upkeep. Reduce the upkeep number wisely or you'll be earning +80k every turn
    For example:
    a) Garrison units/militia = set half the initial upkeep. I think the newest version of the mod have free upkeep. I don't like it, it must be cheap but not free.
    b) Professional troops = reduce 200 or 300 the initial upkeep. Maintaining a legion is expensive but no THAT expensive.
    c) Cavalry = reduce 100 or don't reduce the initial upkeep at all. Horses are a huge advantage against barbarians, and the animals need food and care.
    We thank You abe_squall and any are welcomed as a sub mod is in the works...So to respond, I'm only going to say this. Rex will have a sub mod that is in line with his 2.2 newest addition and may address some of your concerns. The mod itself is finished and will not go further as the 2.2. Rex may further elaborate on some of your reasonable points. Although I disagree with you I am willing a sub mod to possibly agree with your ideas. But our developers will not go into criticisms of the very difficult and arduous work put into the mod. We will try our best to explain such things that pertain to your ideas for there are reasons may they be philosophical to the mods structure in nature and many of your points are philosophical in my opinion.
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 09, 2014 at 07:21 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12