Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst EU3 Nation?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Worst EU3 Nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    France is the worst for single player. Not a single other AI nation is in a position to ever threaten you.
    Yeah, Britain usually looses it's territories in Gaul immediately because they have no army starting in there.

I'm playing a campaign as Britanny and even with Britain and Aragon and Burgundy as allies I can't get anything more than a white peace out of France.

I actually meant worst to play as. Not worst to fight against

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Yeah, Britain usually looses it's territories in Gaul immediately because they have no army starting in there.

I'm playing a campaign as Britanny and even with Britain and Aragon and Burgundy as allies I can't get anything more than a white peace out of France.
    It's called France, and has been France since that awful empire collapsed.

I didn't even notice that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Greens View Post
    It's called France, and has been France since that awful empire collapsed.
    Awful in what sense? Your going to start some PC liberal rubbish about how the "Utopian" Gallic culture was "repressed" by the Evil Roman empire aren't you? You have no basis to call the Empire that had such a massive impact on the World and created Western Civilisation awful, without it we'd be like Africa, mass genocide of Ethnic groups because someone stole a cow 600 years ago.

And "France" as a name for the area we would recognize as France today is late 1500's at least. Before that you were Norman or Occitain or Breton or Burgundian. Only the Royal Court would have had a sense of a "French" identity, ordinary people from the different parts would be lucky if they could understand each others Language.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Awful in what sense? Your going to start some PC liberal rubbish about how the "Utopian" Gallic culture was "repressed" by the Evil Roman empire aren't you? You have no basis to call the Empire that had such a massive impact on the World and created Western Civilisation awful, without it we'd be like Africa, mass genocide of Ethnic groups because someone stole a cow 600 years ago.

And "France" as a name for the area we would recognize as France today is late 1500's at least. Before that you were Norman or Occitain or Breton or Burgundian. Only the Royal Court would have had a sense of a "French" identity, ordinary people from the different parts would be lucky if they could understand each others Language.

Thank you.

Actually I call France Gaul out of habit though.

I'm just not used to the new names.

Long story, lots of facts, probably all true, but none relevant. It's obvious that green had a breaking point with Thomas' never ending enthusiasm for the Romans.

(disclaimer: this post was not intended to give any judgment on Thomas' enthusiasm for Rome, to each his own - just putting some light on the situation)
    Last edited by Pat89; January 17, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wait greens is only just hitting his breaking point? I thought I had shattered him a year ago.

I understand, I just don't like a major part of world history having the word awful attached to it or the 18th century version of France's National History being stated as fact when correcting someone. Besides I'm in the same boat as Aetius, I tend to refer to geographic areas I'm not very knowledgeable about by their Roman names.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You should probably enter the 21st century then.

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

If AI vs AI then burgundy is more than a match vs France, especially since they got the backing of the HRE, but if a player controls a nation it's ofcourse easier.

As for the hardest nation, probably one of the sub sahara ones, and for nations that I actually played, I never got off with the ERE, Turkey always beats my ass

The Romans didn't create Western Civilisation. They were heavily influenced by the Greeks, who were in turn influenced by others, leading all the way back to the Sumerians. The Romans greatly advanced it, just like many others have since, such as the British, the US and the Renaissance Italians.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliky Kaiser Theos View Post
    The Romans didn't create Western Civilisation. They were heavily influenced by the Greeks, who were in turn influenced by others, leading all the way back to the Sumerians. The Romans greatly advanced it, just like many others have since, such as the British, the US and the Renaissance Italians.
    Rome basically created the idea of nation states, and sure many of their enduring cultural achievements were based on Greek ideas, but without Rome spreading the Civilization they would have stayed in Greece.

This is a thread for posting opinions on the worst eu3 nations, gentlemen. Not to discuss roman influence.
    Last edited by Ynen; January 19, 2013 at 04:49 AM.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ynen is right bros.

idk how to play, so all of them?
    lol
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    Winston Churchill

I guess starting as someone like Foix or Orleans would be pretty difficult. A landlocked, OPM that starts as a vassal to France. It seems pretty impossible to be able to get independence before they annex you in my opinion.

Facupay's Avatar Senator

Chimu, the poor guys.

The prospect is pretty grim for the Incan empire so imagine an OPM at the mercy of that same Incan empire.
    Last edited by Facupay; January 20, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    HUMAN IS FISH ISLAM IS WATER. COME TO WATER AND BE RELAX...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've had an incan empire westernize and conquer most of south america before.

Indefinitely Banned

I'm gonna call Pomerania my personal worst faction. There's no avoiding a war with Brandenburg in my current save, and they with their allies will overpower me eventually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast