Thread: Adunabar phantom problem

Default Adunabar phantom problem

The answer to Adunabar's manpower problems.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

All Ringwraiths!

Check the descr_model_battle.txt and see if the skeleton entry is labelled model_flexi_m or model_flexi_c. If yes, change it to model_flexi.

Does this get rid of the Phantom Menace?
    Last edited by Éorl; January 11, 2013 at 01:13 AM.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Default Adunabar phantom problem

Posts above moved to seperate thread because Official WIP Screenshot thread is reserved for official WIP screenshots
    Last edited by Éorl; January 11, 2013 at 01:11 AM.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Default Re: Adunabar phantom problem

Just realized that, thanks. I was pretty sleepy when I posted that.

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    Check the descr_model_battle.txt and see if the skeleton entry is labelled model_flexi_m or model_flexi_c. If yes, change it to model_flexi.
    I bit out of my league on this one. I don't think I will be able to find the right entry in all this gibberish. If somebody wants to post the corrected document I would be happy to paste it into the data folder, otherwise I think I can live with it as is.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

That should be the entry.

Code:
    type                    4a_rk_cavbodyguard
    skeleton                fs_hc_spearman, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range                40
    texture        empire_east,        bi/ci/data/models_unit/textures/4a_rk_cavking.tga    
    texture        empire_east_rebels,        bi/ci/data/models_unit/textures/4a_mf_cavking.tga    
    model_flexi                bi/ci/data/models_unit/4a_rk_cavking_lod1.cas, 15
    model_flexi                bi/ci/data/models_unit/4a_rk_cavking_lod2.cas, 30
    model_flexi                bi/ci/data/models_unit/4a_rk_cavking_lod3.cas, 40
    model_flexi                bi/ci/data/models_unit/4a_rk_cavking_lod4.cas, max
    model_sprite            empire_east, 60.0, bi/ci/data/sprites/sprites_new/4a_rk_cavbodyguard_sprite.spr
    model_sprite            empire_east_rebels, 60.0, bi/ci/data/sprites/sprites_new/4a_mf_cavbodyguard_sprite.spr
    model_tri                400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

You sure about that? These are Adunabar bodyguard, not RK.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, it's the correct entry. They use the same model, but faction-specific textures. The model entry in Thang's post uses the model_flexi header, which is the correct one.

I've spotted some model issues with the old models like the one you posted in the past, where some parts of the model seemed to have disappeared, or flicker when the model moves (the Helm's Deep recruitable BGs had a similar issue iirc). I've tracked down the cause of this to the model_flexi_m header, which defines an entry that is supposed to have manually weighed bones (meaning that some vertices of the model are affected by more than one bone of the animation skeleton) - this isn't supported by the engine, though, and only messes with the models. If it's not that, then I'm at a loss at the moment.

Edit says: Oh look, the old ci folder. Now I feel nostalgia.
    -unknown YouTube user