Thread: Research and re-organising the forum

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Icon14 Research and re-organising the forum

Hi guys, with 2013 being a new year with many great things in store for all of us it makes sense that after so many years we change the way things are run around here. This is an update for you fans old and new, as well as the local moderators.

From now on, the four subforum categories at the top of the Dominion forum will be amalgamated and merged into two. The reason for this is that we have literally years of previews, features, presentations and promotions and it's time they all went in the same place and frankly- out of the way! In future, things like screenshot threads and some discussions on gameplay will also be housed in that subforum. So don't worry if you can't find information about the mod- it's all there still.

Secondly, research. For a mod that prides itself on historical accuracy we need at least one subforum dedicated just to compiling and discussing information. Any of the mod leaders will tell you that if there is one thing we have learnt in our very very intense years of study and working on Dominion it is that history is not always just clear cut facts and figures. In many cases it is about context and perspective, this is why academics are still writing about history today- there are always new theories and interpretations. In the same way we expect that some of our information and/or our decisions in the mod might be controversial, unpopular or just plain wrong. It is possible, we are only human. Well, some of the others are.

Research and history is something that people can get very passionate about. Not everyone is an expert on what they believe in. Even the best expert can make errors, and especially when voicing opinions on subjects beyond their knowledge. It is for the mod team to constantly check, improve and re-construct our historical information and the way we represent it in the mod.

Therefore, the new Research Office will be a place where we want to really bring you fans (old and new, stupid and educated, rationalists and nationalists) closer to us. We want you to feel free to express your interests and share your feelings with others. We also want to be able to learn from our fans and encourage debates and discussions. Naturally the Total War forums rules on behaviour and language apply, so I won't remind you to keep the forum free from unpleasantness. What I do want to stress is that in the near future, things are going to be very intense here at Dominion of the Sword and there will be a lot of opinions being shot off all over the place. We will be taking notice and be very involved in the debates, we love history too and many of us on the team have enjoyed having long talks with you all over the years. Soon, we will be able to talk about history in the context of details and how they are represented on the map, so we will all be directly involved in educating each other. The research forum will be a great place for you to have a real influence on the future of the mod, and basically help us make the game a perfect game.
    Last edited by Hengest; January 10, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Default Re: Research and re-organising the forum

I really love it that you made this update for all my (uncountable) fans... But what about me? *Points toward the first row*
    Anyway, good luck with sorting things up team..! May the Valar, Asa-gods, Christ and allah be with you.