View Poll Results: Rates my review

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 star: I did not enjoy your review

0 0%
  • 2 Boobs: It was ok

0 0%
  • 3 Candian Dry: I thought it was great!

0 0%
  • 4 Oscars: I am fully satifys with your review and here your rewards

2 100.00%
  • I want an Oscar...

0 0%
  • ^ Here you go

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: [Medical Products] Abreva

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Default [Medical Products] Abreva

Name: Abreva

"I will help you with your soon to be sores problem. What? You already have one? You are ed." - A regular abreva respond.

Company: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals

Price: Vary from product sizes. In stores around my area (20-25 US dollars)

Intro I don't usually like generalization when serious but, come on, nobody likes cold sores.
    If you do, then, remind me to never meet you in person.

Anyway, I had been getting sores since my early years, which usually become big and nasty. So, I tried a number of stuffs, one involves honey, and was unhappy with the result. So, I seen the commercial and bought the one up above for ing 25$. I had to say it works, and I been buying them since.

Pros, Cons, and How It Helped Me Pros: It works as it said. Able to fully stop sores before they developed. Able to stun the growth, if, you miss putting the stuff before it starts.

Cons: Too expensive for my tastes(This is where Amazon comes in), all the size(The pump above, the smaller tube, and the patch) they come with are very small, and it will not INSTA-CURE your sores, so, don't expect that.

How it helped me: It helps me by fixing my sores problem soon or later.

Other :wub: You Should Know Now, I will explain that, If you buy one when you already had a sore or fully blown, then don't expect much help since it best work before the outbreak.

"How will I know if a outbreak could occur?" You may ask.

When you feels an itching or burning or tingling sensations in the lips then THIS IS THE TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO PUT THE STUFF ON, for best result.

Also, for the instruction, you have to put the stuff on five time a day for ten days or till it gone. So, rations the stuff.

From the company's website the average Aberva tube lasts...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It is estimated that a tube of Abreva will last the average cold sore sufferer though 2-3 episodes (a year's supply for the average sufferer). However, because the duration of cold sores varies among different individuals, your results may vary. It is important to apply Abreva according to the package directions and recommended dosage (avoid trying to "stretch" the product to last for an extra episode).

If you're like me, and the sores usually happens when you sleeping or just awake.
    Then you ignore it for the time being, and it starts to form, there is still time to stop it.

While it wont be effective as before, the cream can stops the sores from becoming even bigger, however, it will grow a bit then stop, and your sores will takes longer to heal.

Finally, when you have a scab on the sore, keep applying till falls off it self, or you can pull it off and risk damaging the new skin underneath.

One last thing, it dries the lips around the sores.

Conclusion In the end, while expensive, you get what you pays for. Uses it right and you don't had to worry about heading outside with a nasty leaking sore. Uses it a bit late, then be prepare to suffer a bit of the wraith of the sores.

8/10 - It likes Skyrim with cold sores fighting power" - Arbitrary Crusader, PHD

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Abreva [Recreational Products]

I have not problems with sores, but this is a great review.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Informative... although sores aren't exactly Recreational so another category may be needed if more medical ones pop up.

Why not enter January's Review of the Month as well?

+rep
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I have not problems with sores, but this is a great review.
    Lucky you, but thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    Informative... although sores aren't exactly Recreational so another category may be needed if more medical ones pop up.

Why not enter January's Review of the Month as well?

+rep
    Yeah, it was either that, or Tools, although, I should had just put medical, anyway.

As for the ROTM, I guess...

*looks at thread*

Well...there only one, it, I will do it.

Edit: Title fixed.
    Last edited by Arbitrary Crusader; January 09, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Medical Products] Abreva

You were right to put Recreational as there isn't a Medical Category as of yet - don't worry it's not your fault.

And great, I'll look forward to your entry.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE