Thread: unable to zoom with mousewheel

Default unable to zoom with mousewheel

After installing RBAI 5.7 to fix the battle-CTDs with reinforcements I canīt zoom with my mousewheel anymore.

How can I get it back?

Default Re: unable to zoom with mousewheel

Have you checked the Game Options for mouse settings?
    Or, in medieval2.preference .cfg file found in main ...\ SEGA\ M2TW folder?
    There are values for mouse speed and movement, maybe they got messed up.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I canīt find any mouse settings in my Game Options.
    I found medieval2.preference.cfg file and could open it, but for what should I look in there for?

maybe is it this:

[controls]
    campaign_scroll_max_zoom = 30
    campaign_scroll_min_zoom = 30
    keyset = 0

?

what are the standard settings?

Those look good. Have you tried to play M2TW battles? Does your mouse work there?

Do you have these too:

[camera]
    default_in_battle = rts
    move = 50
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 50
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 24, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Yes I have these too.

I canīt zoom on the strategy map and in battles, tried it in M2TW, Kingdoms expansion, TATW and SS. Even if I disable RBAI I canīt zoom with my mousewheel.

That was happening to me and I realized I had a joystick plugged in...which messes with all things mouse that are TW related.

I have no joystick or any other controller.
    Before installing RBAI 5.7 everything worked fine, so it looks like it has something to do with it.
    But playing without RBAI I will get those annoying reinforcements-CTDs back.
    I posted already a link to this thread in the RBAI forum but no answer came yet.

Playing without mousewheel makes the game really less enjoyable.

Could you make a few screenshots of your TATW Options and upload them? Find Fraps, free little program for taking ingame screenshots.

Make a screenshot of Game Settings, and in Keyboard Settings make a screenshot of Camera settings. If you don`t know how to upload your pictures, go here and take a little look in that Guide for using TWC features.

Installed Fraps but couldnīt make screenshots with it, maybe I did but couldnīt find them, sry.
    I read and understood the Fraps readme but when I hit the screenshot key I canīt see any reaction and there are no screenshots where they should be.
    Donīt know what to do.

After that fail I resetted the Game and Keyboard Settings to default but it didnīt give me my mousewheel back.

You can make a new folder on your desktop, name it TATW Screenshots, and in Screenshots section of Fraps, Change the folder where your screenshots go to this new folder.

And you can set which key you need to hit to take a screenshot( F12, F10, first check in Keyboard Settings that some of these keys are not already reserved for some other function).

Have you tried to plugin some other mouse and test it?

I have Fraps 1.9D, the latest version which I could download for free. In this version I canīt find where or how to change where my screenshots go.
    When I changed the hotkey for screenshots and tried to make one after it I had still no reaction but when I wanted to close Fraps I got: "Exiting Fraps will stop the counter being shown in your games. Are you sure you want to unload Fraps?" - "ok" or "cancel"
    It shows me no counter in my games, I have no clue how or even what to fix.

I pluged in my old mouse with mousewheel and everthing worked fine in TATW.
    So it seems like my new mouse is the problem. It would be better if I can play with my new mouse.

Remember I have played with this mouse TATW 3.2 for months without having zooming problems. When I encounterd some CTDs in battles with reinforcements I donwloaded RBAI 5.7 to fix that. After installing RBAI 5.7 my mousewheel didnīt work anymore in any game/campaign/mod of M2TW. Last and also latest update of my mouse was months before installing RBAI 5.7.

Edit:
    mouse that doesnīt work: Elecom Prumie
    mouse that works: Logitech
    Last edited by Knel; January 03, 2013 at 01:42 AM.

Sorry for the doublepost but I have to push this thread because my problem is still not solved.

Can anyone help me?

You say that you updated your mouse with latest version, have you tried to roll it back to previous version? Control panel, Device Manager.

The update was months before I got the problem with zooming. I played with the latest update and it worked, since installing RBAI 5.7 my mousewheel stopped to work in M2TW and all mods of it.