Thread: Returning to home screen

Default Returning to home screen

I have just recently upgraded from a laptop to a desktop(mainly due to this mod), though i've been playing tw since rome. Even though this is my first mod everything seemed to install well. However once i reach the campaign map the game keeps sending me back to the home screen. the game remains active in the toolbar but every ten seconds or so i get sent back to the home screen and have to click on the toolbar, which would make it nigh on impossible to play a battle. Anyone experienced this problem or know of a solution? any help would be greatly appreciated.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Returning to home screen

What do you mean by home screen, the desktop? First thing too ask is: Does it also do this for standard M2TW and Kingdoms?

Yeah, sorry the desktop. I've tried playing other games including medieval 2, civ 5 and C&C generals zero hour and they all work fine, it only seems to be an issue when I load the third age mod.

1. What Windows do you have?
    2. Is your M2TW steam version or non steam\ CD version?
    3. What are your PC specs ( processor, Graphics card, amount of RAM) ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

1. Windows 7
    2. Medieval 2 gold edition(I installed the standard edition and then b

2.(continued) bought the gold edition and installed the whole expansion set)
    3. Intel ivy bridge i5 3570k processor, nvidia gtx 670 2GB graphics card, 16GB RAM with a 2 TB hard drive.
    Last edited by StealthFox; January 04, 2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Merge double post

You will have to reinstall TATW I`m affraid . Follow these steps:

THIS IS IMPORTANT: disable UAC (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059) go to section `How to fix it` and apply step 3 on your MAIN M2TW folder.

Now procced to this down:

Uninstall TATW by using Control Panel Uninstall program, after that, delete Third_Age_3 folder in C:\ ..\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods ( or if it was installed somewhere els, delete it there) and in virtual store C:\ Users\ [user name or your PC`s name]\ AppData\ Local\ VirtualStore\ Program Files(x?)\ Medieval 2 Total War\ mods (if u can`t find virtual store, then it is hidden, so follow this How to Unhide hidden folders on Windows: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059).

After deleting these Third_Age_3 folders( if there were any), and disabling UAC, click on TATW 3.0 part 1 of 2 installer, when it asks you where to install it, if you know the CORRECT path where you installed Medieval 2 Total War and it is the same as the installer points you to by default( C:\ Program Files (x86)\ SEGA\ Medieval 2 Total War ), then procced with installing.

Be sure to check the INSTALLATION PATHS CAREFULLY.

If you installed in another place, then browse the installer to the Medieval 2 Total War folder using this ˝....˝ button in the picture bellow:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then install TATW 3.0 part 2 of 2 using the SAME installing path, and I would advise you to install TATW 3.1 patch first (using the SAME installing path ofcourse) and then try the game does it work, and can you open campaigns, for battle crashes disable daylight savings (Using Windows 7, 8 or Vista: Control panel > Date and time > Change time zone > uncheck "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time").

If TATW 3.1 works, procced with installing TATW 3.2 patch (using the SAME installing path ofcourse).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks for the help Elvenkind, that's seems to have fixed the desktop problem but now everytime I enter a battle as the load screen finishes loading the game crashes and closes itself.

Well, at the bottom of my previous post I gave you advice to disable daylight savings for battle crashes.

Ahhhhh awesome, completely missed that. Thanks agin hopefully I can put in a session after work.

Awesome, game is working perfectly and I'm looking f

(Continued) forward to putting a lot of time into it, just wanted to say thank you again for all the help Elvenkind.

Update. Game worked fine for the weekend but has now started returning to desktop again. Will I have to reinstall everytime this starts happening again?
    Even if I do have to, still well worth the time.

What were you doing before it brought you back to desktop? Had a battle and it crashed at the start or during the battle? Or it crashed while you were on campaign map?

I downloaded the game again on Saturday, and it played fine that evening and through Sunday. However when I turned it on on Monday night it started reverting to the desktop as soon as it reached the primary menu.

This may be unrelated but as I'm typing this I have to keep clicking on the web page every ten seconds or so as the page seems to go inactive. It doesn't Minimise but its as though its gone into the background.
    Alcoa whenever I try posting a message on this board my towers wifi turns off, and when I troubleshoot the problem it says I was manually disconnected from the network. This only happens on this page and I have not experienced this problem on other sites. As it is a new computer I may have some I the settings set wrong, any ideas?

You are having serious problems which TATW has nothing to do with, you should post about this in The Basement.
    Experts on these kind of problems are situated there. Good Luck mate

Thanks, will do.