Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 12/12/13-DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED!!-) [modder's resource release for TATW and its Submods]

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 01/09/13) [modder's resource release]

Quote Originally Posted by theddd1 View Post
    but can't you just release them noww??
    you could but that wouldn't be very nice and it's not happening on this forum . The powers that be around here , quite rightly to, ask that you get permission for the stuff you want to use edit of another persons work (provided it's not an open resource).

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 01/09/13) [modder's resource release]

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    you could but that wouldn't be very nice and it's not happening on this forum . The powers that be around here , quite rightly to, ask that you get permission for the stuff you want to use edit of another persons work (provided it's not an open resource).
    That's true. I forgot that this was a sub-mod of a mod. Therefore it's KK's baby. And you dont wanna mess with that.
    Though I really hope this does get permission soon, I'd love to play through the dwarves with this on.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Not just a matter of 'nice conduct', it's a matter of TWC's Terms of Service, the rules anyone signing up accept..
    Releasing material without permission is forbidden, meaning someone who does so will see the link removed quickly by the moderators and risk to get banned from the forum all together.
    In the case with TATW KK has expressed a fairly friendly attitude allowing submods to it, but units are said black on white to require permission given from KK before they may be released.
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 21, 2013 at 05:50 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Helghast88's Avatar Foederatus

And if KK is no where to be found as he's been for the last ,,,,, oh I donnow??

It will stil be a matter of breaking TOS Rules, no matter how long KK has been away..
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I wonder now if due to the impossibility of releasing this models some modellers who very much like dwarves will make their own models that will look very much like KK's shall it considered a rules violation ? I mean is this kind of units even possible to be made and released for Third Age ?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

If thise modellers make them withiut using any of KK's materials it's allowe ofc. Though, makimg units from scratch is much harder than reskinning original units and takes more time.

but they are beautiful I WANT

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Less black on the units.
    They are very cool.
    I really dnt like the 3.2 dwarven units, they are too coloured, and look childish.
    Your's are really better.
    But as I said, less black, there is so much black on it that seems to be glitches on the textures.

Helghast88's Avatar Foederatus

Jesus christ. King Kong doesn't even check his email for 4 months? I think its pretty obvious he's not going to give permission at this point.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Do not matter; without permission, no release.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Okay, King Kong's last activity was June 6th, 2013. So he's alive, and there is hope he'll approve this mod, people just have to get his attention on it.

This thread must live.

Libertus

This thread is to awesome to die.

This thread is dead. King Kong will not respond to anything.

He might. Someday. In the meantime, there is an open source dwarf model that Spicemaster linked. (At least I think it was spice master)

Maybe the stuff will not be released for public but it can be shared between people.

best thing happened to this mod is that it was never released.

dwarves with bows?no thank you.

no more "lore" wild imagination of their creators mods plz.

Dwarves use bows in the Hobbit...