Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 12/12/13-DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED!!-) [modder's resource release for TATW and its Submods]

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 12/12/13-DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED!!-) [modder's resource release for TATW and its Submods]

I don't know yet

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 12/12/13-DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED!!-) [modder's resource release for TATW and its Submods]

Pardon my asking, as he isn't a dwarf, but have you given any thought to trying your hand at a new strat/battle map model for Thranduil as portrayed by Lee Pace?
    I'd try it myself but have never done modeling before. Nice work, BTW.

Oh, actually i saw this elven units but it too hard for me imo.
    Here you go guys, final release: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7...by%20Jox25.zip
    Let me know if there are any bugs/glitches/bad textures.

They are done, Jox! Thank you for your work They are so good that Leo and DaC theam MUST include them in their next releases

hehe thanks! but first off they should make it as new one unit by reason another units will lose their textures.
    If someone else interesting my creations always open source and this means you're allowed to edit, use and release it

Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    hehe thanks! but first off they should make it as new one unit by reason another units will lose their textures.
    If someone else interesting my creations always open source and this means you're allowed to edit, use and release it
    Only to add to your Open Source statement: They are allowed to edit, use and release it ONLY for TATW and its submods.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

You're right!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

I would edit that post. :p

Question. Will you or El Bucle improve more of the Dwarven units that are in this source?

Those who will improve this unit can simply change his weapons and thats all. Nothing hard

Will do along christmas holidays guys. I'll try to prepare a release for both vanilla and MOS, but I still don't know if I'll replace existing units or I'll make them new ones...probably a mixture.

@Jox will you mind if I update the release with your improvements? You'll get the credit

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

Sure, use them. I offer you make'em as replacement units in order to save free spaces for another units. Afaik MOS has only few free spaces. But! You must recode replaced units by reason some old units will still use the same textures like new ones and this will break their vision.

Just to add my opinion, I think these models/skins work best as armour upgrades for the Dwarves. They would effectively be exactly the same units that the Dwarves already have so making them balanced and unique (besides their look) would be difficult. Over in DaC we have actually implemented the upgraded version done by Jox as an upgrade to the standard Dwarven Warriors. Just my thoughts anyway.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Other mods can do whatever they want with the provided resources, it's not like they're obliged for something...
    I personally wouldn't use them as upgrades.

Also I've tweaked your dwarven ranger unit in a way it looks better in my opinion.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

*screenshot taken with graphics tweaks by proximusj on

I think some of the new heads could have some more impovement but that is beyond my skills atm.

LINK: http://www.adrive.com/public/PxeUB2/ered_bow_lod0.rar

Using conditions are the same.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice tweaks, Araval!

Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    Sure, use them. I offer you make'em as replacement units in order to save free spaces for another units. Afaik MOS has only few free spaces. But! You must recode replaced units by reason some old units will still use the same textures like new ones and this will break their vision.
    Thanks. Don't worry,I've got my own submod for MOS

Libertus

Are you still working on a release for these units?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

It's already released.

Libertus

No i mean something that will allow non-modders to use the units. I thought he was coming out with an edited units file for MOS we could use.

If you want one, send me your unit_models file and I'll do it for you.

Libertus

Awesome, I would appreciate that very much. I will send you my DaC file.