Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 12/12/13-DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED!!-) [modder's resource release for TATW and its Submods]

Default El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 12/12/13-DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED!!-) [modder's resource release for TATW and its Submods]

What is this?

This is a release of new models for dwarven units I've created inspired in the dwarf soldiers seen in The hobbit movie. This is a modders resource release to use ONLY for TATW and its Submods ,which means I'm only uploading the meshes and textures of each unit. Due to the amount of submods with unit stats variations I a releasing this way for anyone can implement these units to their favourite way of playing TATW. For junior members there are plenty of tutorias in this board on how to add new units to a faction.

Credits :
    This is my very first mod released and my first 3D modelling work as well so I beg everybody to be gentle and please, any advise, trick or constructive suggestion will be welcomed.
    To make these models I've used existing dwarven units as base , so all the credits go to KK, and the rest of the TATW team, which are, in short , a bunch of genious.

Edit: With the pass of time I've been using Call of Warhammer model parts to fill in some gaps and add variety. Thanks to all of that team, who made the other great mod that makes me have M2TW still installe in my computer.

Axemen of Erebor

Dwarven Armored Warriors

Dwarven Armored Spearmen

Dwarven rangers

Veterans of Azanulbizar

Bonus Track :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mattock warriors from the Iron Hills!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

New Officers (based on some concept art of young Thorin and his father Thrain)

Future plans:

Next step will be rework some textures and , mainly, normals, and maybe retouch some vanilla units. I've got more ideas but any contribution will be very welcome

Update(01/09/2013):

Added preview pic of my dwarven rangers, inspired in some concep art of Thorin's Company

Download :

Use the attachements please Removed the links awaiting permission from King Kong -EoH

**** I think I'll keep the EoH comment for the moment...just to remember this's been a looooong year for us all ****

And now, here's your Download LINK!!!!!! (12/12/2013 new link, now with officers!)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6871vqfslt341h5/El%20Bucle's%20Dwarf%20Units%20%2B%20Officers.rar
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 13, 2013 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Updated OP for better understanding about usage of these resources

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie [modder's resource release]

Wow, nice work mate. Good looking textures.

Do you have permission from King Kong to release this though? TWC has very strict rules about that.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie [modder's resource release]

Units look good! It's nice to see somebody doing something instead of talking what should be done
    I'm afraid you can't release them before you get permission from KK

EoH, would it work if he asked permission to edit FRoME's or other released dwarven units to continue his work and release them?

EoH, would it work if he asked permission to edit FRoME's or other released dwarven units to continue his work and release them?
    That would probably work but I am not an expert about this. I think if Koultouras gives you permission to edit FRoME dwarves it should be alright.

For now I'd like to know if you got permission Bucle_CT, if not I'll have to links unfortunately till it's sorted out.

Thank U guys, It's great to read things like that from you.

I'm afraid I haven't asked to KK, and as he seems to be dissapeared I've given credits to him and the rest of the team. Anyway if this constitutes a violation of the rules I'll urelease them inmediatly, don't want to bother anyone, and kk the least!

Any advice from the moderators will be inmediatly obeyed. I'd like to remember this is my first time so please be gentle

Edit: ok I'll remove attachements till I ge KK's permission
    Last edited by Bucle_CT; January 08, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

We've all been here for the first time, don't worry. This thread is worth a read if you are going to edit more Third Age units.

I'll remove your download links and you have to send a pm to King Kong asking permission. If he doesn't reply anytime soon you could perhaps ask permission from koultouras to edit the Dwarves from his FRoME mod. If he does reply and gives permission you can put your links back.

And Mhaedros has also made three units, maybe he can give you his permission also

I don't think that will work as those are also heavily based on King Kong's units.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

No, the models are still KK's, and thus direct permission to make skin changes would be required

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Permission requested. Fingers crossed for a soon response. Thanks to all of you for your comprehension.

Edit: Thanks Emperor for the links
    Last edited by Bucle_CT; January 08, 2013 at 04:43 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Thats really nice.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

These are beautiful! +rep.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

This might be usefull.

And I don't really think the armor should be that black, perhaps a bit less black.. It would probably look a bit better if you added some trim to the armor aswell. If i remember correctly their armors had some kind of golden trim at some parts of their armor.. Some of the dwarves also had some red parts.

Other then that great mod.. Been waiting for this since I saw the movie.. Hope this will get the permission of KK.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

They look very good! Lets all hope KK will make a return in the next days so you can release those beauties!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutcat View Post
    This might be usefull.

And I don't really think the armor should be that black, perhaps a bit less black.. It would probably look a bit better if you added some trim to the armor aswell. If i remember correctly their armors had some kind of golden trim at some parts of their armor.. Some of the dwarves also had some red parts.

Other then that great mod.. Been waiting for this since I saw the movie.. Hope this will get the permission of KK.
    Thanks Peanutcat, I already saw that pic a few weeks ago... and decided to buy the Chronicles book!!

Very useful indeed, it inspired me to do these dwafs and to future modifications I'm planning of orcs of Gundabad

PS: Preview updated. See first post!

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 01/09/13) [modder's resource release]

Unit itself looks great but I think the unit is too heavy imo. I would perfer a light armoured hunter unit instead.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: El Bucle's new dwarven units based on The Hobbit movie (Preview updated 01/09/13) [modder's resource release]

The Unit´s look great , tho i dont really like the "Dwarven Rangers" .....
    The rest is really amazing

Really hope KK returns soonish

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Unit itself looks great but I think the unit is too heavy imo. I would perfer a light armoured hunter unit instead.
    Actually that was my first intention, but I wanted to try a variant with mail armour to see if that looked more 'dwarvish'. In the end they`ll be wearing leather armour, this is just a WIP. In fact I've already changed the shape of the cloack to make them look more unique and accurate for the dwarf look. Other units will also get a review once I've finished all of them.

@Sanderman

My first idea was to call them dwarven wanderers ... but Mahedros has already used it. Maybe 'scouts' would fit them as well... don't know, maybe you guys could give me some ideas!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Merchants could be an alternative to Wanderers, especially taking som inspiration from how Dwarven traders could arm themselves in uneasy times during teh First Age:
    In those days the Dwarves still came on their journeys into Beleriand from their mansions in Ered Lindon, and passing over Gelion at Sam Athrad, the Ford of Stones, they travelled the ancient road to Doriath; for their skill in the working of metal and stone was very great, and there was much need of their craft in the halls of Menegroth. But they came now no longer in small parties as aforetime, but in great companies well armed for their protection in the perilous lands between Aros and Gelion;
    - Silmarillion

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Merchants could be an alternative to Wanderers, especially taking som inspiration from how Dwarven traders could arm themselves in uneasy times during teh First Age:
    Pretty lore accurate, but I'd like a more warrior-like name, let's see:

Dwarven rogue traders, Dwarven Smugglers, Dwarven Huters, Dwarven orc hunters, Dwarven Bandits, Dwarven Brigands, Dwarven Guerrillas.... I can't choose just one!!

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast