Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What age is 'too young' to have children?

Default Re: What age is 'too young' to have children?

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    1.Financially, when a person has a promising career and is wealthy enough to support a full family; He should at least be able to afford like one week of traveling abroad every year, have cars and large and fine houses. In short, he's capable when he no longer has to worry about money.
    I don't think there's need of possessing of many cars or really fine house, to have children. I think if U got one car, or even not having any, but enough money to traveling sometimes with taxis, it can be enough to have a child. There's also no need for big house, if U got 2 bedrooms it can be enough. Also I don't know how only traveling abroad every year must help to raise your child properly.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

" I respect that, I'm not a parent myself so this is all speculative for me, but how do you answer Himster's view, basics?"

Valden,

I answer it this way. Not all children get into higher education and that field in itself does not stop those that are from chasing sex at every opportunity but it may limit the opportunities for doing so. An ordinary kid from the average Joe Blogg's family knows the dangers just as much as them in the more educated sector so knowledge is not the answer to possibly the most powerful driving force that all creation faces.

We have birth control but rather than stop unwanted pregnancies it encourages promiscuity until by fault a girl gets impregnated and yes it appears that most come from families classed in the lower echelons of society but not in every case. It also in a way has helped a decrease in population expansion but not the main factor as women already married are not having the same numbers of kids their parents did have, thanks to the likes of the pill.

So, when one finds their partner pregnant, one can turn to abortion, or one can bite the bullet and accept what has happened, do the right thing and learn about life along the way. What is sad is that not all young men do the right thing or when the going gets tough turn away leaving the lass to cope on her own. To me that is not manly in any respect. Alas that seems to be the way nowadays.

All I can say to them is that they don't know what they are missing. To see day by day a youngster take in more knowledge and make gains by it is something of a wonder. To teach them their first words, see them take their first steps, to watch as they become a little you and her is so satisfying that pride seems fit to burst upon any room that you are in. That child more or less becomes whatever you put into it. It doesn't come naturally, no, by experience, by errors and not making more errors and of course by some good advice.

Turning to age again, all I will say on that matter is that boys and girls would not have the equipment they do have at the age it is reached were it for no reason at all. Indeed, were the brain capable of making the deduction that age is important as not to have children before one is considered mature, then why did God or evolution bring it on so early? In the Godly sense union means marriage whether kids come along or not. In the evolutionary sense procreation is the all important factor with or without two parents, but age is no barrier.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

How long is a stick? Answer that and I'll answer the OP.

Custom User Title
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How long is a stick? Answer that and I'll answer the OP.
    Half as long as a piece of string.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by NRohirrim View Post
    I don't think there's need of possessing of many cars or really fine house, to have children. I think if U got one car, or even not having any, but enough money to traveling sometimes with taxis, it can be enough to have a child. There's also no need for big house, if U got 2 bedrooms it can be enough. Also I don't know how only traveling abroad every year must help to raise your child properly.
    Because a kid should have a guaranteed life, or childhood at least. He/she should be able to live in comfortable places, have good neighbors, and crimes and other misery should only exist in TV or books, and he/she should receive good education plus able able to meet different people all over the world, as part of education. Surely you wouldn't want your kid growing up to become a racist or completely ignorant of the world?

A kid should live in heaven and should be educated to be a living angel. Either that or no child should be born.
    Last edited by AqD; January 11, 2013 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    Because a kid should have a guaranteed life, or childhood at least. He/she should be able to live in comfortable places, have good neighbors, and crimes and other misery should only exist in TV or books, and he/she should receive good education plus able able to meet different people all over the world, as part of education. Surely you wouldn't want your kid growing up to become a racist or completely ignorant of the world?
    Yeah right. And citizens of (for example) USA must take family abroad every year not shorter than week: to Canada, Mexico, Brazil, France, UK, Japan etc. Because if not, surely theirs children become a racist or completely ignorant of the world. U know how much abroad travels cost?

A kid should live in heaven and should be educated to be a living angel. Either that or no child should be born.
    Yeah, sure. And meantime your woman would be impregnated by someone who doesn't care so much about money.
    Last edited by NRohirrim; January 11, 2013 at 04:26 PM.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I think aqd was joking, but I'm not going to speak for him.

I want my kids to be functional members of society by 13. We should minimize this childhood luxury stuff. It's just going to hurt them later when they have to adjust to earning their own cake. Train hard, fight easy. That's how we treat everything else. Why not childhood?

Growing up is just a side effect of the fact we can't be born anything like fully developed due to birth canal issues and our big melon heads which require us to mature very slowly and learn stuff. Children aren't innocent or something. It's not like they aren't going to get "ruined" later as teenagers and adults.

Parenting should be about making your kid into a well rounded winner who can take on the world and beat the crap out of it until it does what they want.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; January 11, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

DDWingate's Avatar Civis

Depends on social context. In older times where you died at 30/25 years old, you better be pumping kids and married at 15/16, both male and female. In nowadays? At least wait for 23-25 years old, to have some college and social experience, aswell as minimal financial stability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123