Thread: how do I make a unit unavailable as a reward?

Default how do I make a unit unavailable as a reward?

hello,

I have a custom unit that when created gets destroyed and starts a script. Works great, but just got awarded a bunch of these units in a mission reward so bypassed the script. Is there a way without lowering the price, to make the unit unavailable as a mission reward?

Thank you

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: how do I make a unit unavailable as a reward?

Try giving them the general_unit attribute. It seems to have worked for me with a unit that is only ever spawned. Bear in mind that it will create a general when recruited, though killing this unit will also kill him. From memory you won't get death animations, sounds or messages for him.

Alternatively, it is possible that the mercenary_unit (?) attribute prevents the mission reward thing too. I haven't tried that myself.

How does the custom unit get created in the first place? Recruited?

thank you,

adding general_unit worked. I also tried the mercenary_unit but that did not stop it from being a reward.

the units were recruitable, then destroyed via script.

thank you again for the timely help.

Just make sure you put that unit below the one that's the regular general's bodyguard, otherwise all spawned generals will receive the custom unit as bodyguards, as the game only uses the first unit with the general_unit attribute in each faction's roster.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill move it to the bottom of the edu.