Thread: Vanilla units

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Vanilla units

I am trying to remove every vanilla unit from TGC unit rosters.
    So far i removed all bodyguard units but i am afraid to do so with peasants.
    Why because i saw the EDU entries of the ships and they have the following:
    Code:
    type             dhow
    dictionary       dhow      ; Dhow
    category         ship
    class            light
    voice_type       Light
    soldier          Peasants, 20, 0, 1
    ship             light warship
    attributes       sea_faring, can_withdraw
    formation        50, 50, 75, 75, 1, square
    stat_health      1, 0
    stat_pri         5, 0, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, slashing, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  0, 6, 0, flesh
    ;stat_armour_ex   0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        0
    stat_ground      0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental      8, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 470, 150, 100, 100, 470, 4, 110
    armour_ug_levels 0
    armour_ug_models Peasants
    ownership        middle_eastern
    ;unit_info        5, 0, 6
    1: What is the proper and harmless way to completly remove all vanilla units from our mod rosters.
    2: Can i use an other unit in every ship "armour_ug_models" entry in the place peasants are now?
    If i will remove peasants completly what the game will spawn as rebels instead?
    Most of our units have slave as ownership as well. Is that enough?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Vanilla units

Those peasant lines would be referring to modeldb entries, not EDU ones. I reckon that you could remove Peasants from EDU but keep them in modeldb.

descr_rebel_factions.txt defines the units in slave armies I believe.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    1: What is the proper and harmless way to completly remove all vanilla units from our mod rosters.
    descr_strat, EDB, descr_mercenaries, the script(s) and the named descr_rebel_factions.txt would be the files refering to the units in question.

2: Can i use an other unit in every ship "armour_ug_models" entry in the place peasants are .now?
    I wouldn't know why not. The unit never appears in battle, so the exact model shouldn't matter

If i will remove peasants completly what the game will spawn as rebels instead?
    check descr_rebel_factions.txt

Most of our units have slave as ownership as well. Is that enough?
    As long as you don't realy have different skins for the different factions, I would always suggest to give all units the "merc" attribute (coming along with the correct entry in models_db and placing the pic and unit_info pic in the correct folder). That way they would technically be available to all factions and prevent from nasty errors, silver surfers, generic unit cards, and the like problems of missing or wrong ownership.

They won't be used in game as mercenaries as long as you don't add them to descr_mercenaries.txt, and they won't be available in game to anyone save those that you named so in EDB.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The slave ownership entry simply means that the unit is recruitable for the slave faction, in that sense it doesn't differ from other factions. The merc entry makes sense if you are setting up units but are not sure for which factions they will be.

As mentioned there are several files where a unit can be referenced - make sure the units are removed from each one of them. Don't forget to check descr_sm_factions as well, the horde factions have unit entries.

All ships have the 'crew' as peasants, I believe it is just for auto resolve purposes. If you consider that middle_eastern factions don't have ownership of peasants it would be fine to remove them whilst keeping the ships.