Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: -Guide: Making RS2 Mod foldered for steam

Default Re: -Guide: Making RS2 Mod foldered for steam

i installed the game now about more than 10 times and it fails. I did it step by step through different guides, including this one here. It works until RS 2.5, but when i copy paste the RS 2.6 patch i get appcrash to desktop. There are only two differences i noticed so far. I don't have 28 folders to merge, but 21 is shown. And i don't have about 1400 files to merge, but around 800. And then i don't have in my vanilla the folder custom, but that doesn't matter because RS 2.5 works.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

so your problem is that you can't load the 2.6 patch but you can load the 2.5?

Yes, exactly!

Citizen Content Emeritus

the app crash is that the error from steam?

If so, then go into steam and look for the tab in the top left corner labelled steam, once clicked a drop down menu will appear and then proceed to click on exit.

Then re-load steam and all should be well.

I'm having the same problem an earlier poster described - Launcher comes up and runs on Steam, plays all the lovely introductory music, allows me to choose my Faction etc. - but then the game never actually runs (quite frustrating as even the music ends eventually)!

Where is the Launcher not connecting to actually start playing the game?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

I'm having the same problem an earlier poster described - Launcher comes up and runs on Steam, plays all the lovely introductory music, allows me to choose my Faction etc. - but then the game never actually runs (quite frustrating as even the music ends eventually)!

Where is the Launcher not connecting to actually start playing the game?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Citizen Content Emeritus

The launcher shouldn't show, if you follow my steps it will work

Black_Baron's Avatar Foederatus

Hi its me again.FIrst tnx dictator for the support for steam users u save us a lot of trubble for installing this mod i forgot to mentioned earlier.Anyway last time u helped me to get the mod running but i had CTD every time i started a battle and zoomed out or in and i said that is it.It was white flag for me searched the forums but i didn't had the nerves for it anymore.Anyway that is past now because i now have win xp now(from win 7 yeah i got back the 'ol xp because i have a stone age pc ) and it seems that that fixed the problem(good thing i didn't deleted the mod last time so again i give it another try).Started one turn campaign like last time with macedon and got into battle like last time.Saw there is a patch so i got that too.Followed instructions and its smooth so far but one problem though rome faction is missing from imperial campaign .Now i saw in preveous posts here that some guy had the same problem with 2.5 and he just added Rome for the launch "thingy" that we put into the shortcut gona try that and see what happens.And also i may ask why the modders didn't made the launcher compatible with steam like darth's one on empire.I mean it simple to get this mod to work on steam(with ur guide offc) but aditional options can't be sellected like they are in launcher, and i heard they were like +6 swapable factions (didn't check the discription for faction list but i think that u only have posted about zero turn campaign about them).Good work anyhow on this guide and pardon my "drunk" english

Black_Baron's Avatar Foederatus

Ok it seems it worked when u put -mod:play_Rome_One_Turn -show_err so but only roman faction to chose.No biggie if id want to play the rest just i have to edit it back.I guess it should work for the swap faction as well i hope gona test it when i have time.Hope there aren't any hiden bugs and crashes yet to make me mad .Oh and if this works for the rest maybe add it to the guide dictator.

Citizen Content Emeritus

No problem glad you got it sorted in the end, what you could do is keep the RS2 shortcut in the steam library but rename it to RS2-Rome or something, and then just create another RS2 shortcut into the library so you wont keep having to add in or remove the code.

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

When I try to launch I get the error message: The procedure * could not be located in the DLL mss32.dll

Any idea what I did wrong?

Citizen Content Emeritus

Its installed in the wrong folder where that file can't be accessed, make sure you follow all the steps in the guide.

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    Its installed in the wrong folder where that file can't be accessed, make sure you follow all the steps in the guide.
    Redid it and it's now working. Thanks for the help!

Citizen Content Emeritus

No problem, enjoy!

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Dear Dictator, thx for your guide. It helped me alot. I followed it and installed the Alex version succesfully with it. Maybe you could specify under the "Just to show all the files that should be there." paragraph that :

1_ Some folders we can see on the screenshots, namely the "saves", "temp" (and maybe "custom"*) folders are created when you start a campaign but they are not in the installation folder from scratch.

2_ For those who use the alex.exe version thay have to rename the "BI" file as "alexander"before merging the installation folder in the RS2 folder.

Those are details but maybe it can save time for people like me who are really ignorant concerning computer stuff.

* actually I'm not sure about this one cause I still don't have it in my installation :-(
    Last edited by Yerevan; March 23, 2014 at 06:18 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Citizen Content Emeritus

No problem.

I've recently installed Roma Surrectum 2 on my computer using your guide. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to put the guide together -- it was not easy to find a knowledgeable/well-written source for applying RS 2 to a Steam copy of RTW.

Unfortunately, I've run into an issue. I followed your instructions for launching RS 2 from Steam (i.e., adding the RTW.exe file from the RS2 folder in the RTW directory as a non-Steam game; adding the string of code at the end of the Target line), but Steam refuses to launch Roma Surrectum 2 when I try to play the game, instead loading Vanilla RTW. If you have any insights into what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, I'd be most appreciative. I've been trying to install Roma Surrectum 2 for several days now without success, using various guides which have invariably led me to failure. I'm about at my wits' end.

*I apologize if you also received a PM from me with the same message. When I sent it, it didn't seem to go through successfully*

I have been having the same problem unfortunately, if you find a solution could you please reply and I will do the same if I find one.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

I did everything on the guide, but it ain´t working I click the "play" button and nothing happens.
    I had to move a file named steam.api.dll into the RS2 folder, and now I get the Roma Surrectum splash screen but nothing more, I alt tabbed and a window came up saying, error creating engine outlines and that I miss lithobolos.CAS, any clues?
    Last edited by Solid Snake; September 09, 2014 at 11:12 AM.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rock789 View Post
    I've recently installed Roma Surrectum 2 on my computer using your guide. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to put the guide together -- it was not easy to find a knowledgeable/well-written source for applying RS 2 to a Steam copy of RTW.

Unfortunately, I've run into an issue. I followed your instructions for launching RS 2 from Steam (i.e., adding the RTW.exe file from the RS2 folder in the RTW directory as a non-Steam game; adding the string of code at the end of the Target line), but Steam refuses to launch Roma Surrectum 2 when I try to play the game, instead loading Vanilla RTW. If you have any insights into what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, I'd be most appreciative. I've been trying to install Roma Surrectum 2 for several days now without success, using various guides which have invariably led me to failure. I'm about at my wits' end.

*I apologize if you also received a PM from me with the same message. When I sent it, it didn't seem to go through successfully*
    make sure that there are no spaces in the line of code you put in the target line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooker Joe View Post
    I have been having the same problem unfortunately, if you find a solution could you please reply and I will do the same if I find one.
    same as above
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    I did everything on the guide, but it ain´t working I click the "play" button and nothing happens.
    I had to move a file named steam.api.dll into the RS2 folder, and now I get the Roma Surrectum splash screen but nothing more, I alt tabbed and a window came up saying, error creating engine outlines and that I miss lithobolos.CAS, any clues?
    That I believe that is due to the download, perhaps some files have gone missing. As I've seen the same error message before with the same problem. I suggest re-downloading the mod again.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast