Thread: Help Editing Unit Stats

Default Help Editing Unit Stats

I am trying to edit the stats of Land Units to make just some British Units Better, I have also edited the Naval Units to make the better for British Units, and I have edited the build time of Buildings. I have the units edited it registers they are edited in game. But When i go to Campaign mode my game crashes all the time. The campaign mode loads fully but after a few seconds of doing something in it, the game CTD. Any help can be appreciated. I have attached my mod files to this post.

Thank you

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: Help Editing Unit Stats

ok first things first:
    "My_mod.pack" is a movie pack file. change it to mod pack type.
    in contrary to this the text file "My_mod_en.pack" has to be movie type, otherwise the game wont notice it.

furthermore:
    does the game crash during ending campaign turn?
    if yes before or whilst what faction?
    is the CTD connected to a certain action? f.e. selecting an army/town/settlement?
    im not that familiar with campaign db stats or buildings, but the most common reason for a mid-game ctd is a spelling mistake or a missing column

i cant play a new campaign at the moment, cuz im using a different startpos.

btw: you changed sth in the esf files?
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; January 07, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

It is crashing while i am playing the campaign i will be creating units, or upgrading buildings. And then the game will crash to desktop.

during turn ending (all the flags passing) or when you click a unit or a building icon to recruit or build it.

but first try to make it a mod pack, maybe this is the reason.

yea i tried making it a mod pack. and it is while i am creating units or creating buildings.

ok so you click it to build/recruit the thing and then it instantly crashes.
    man, this can be caused by many things.
    the best thing would be to compare them with the originals and try a bit.

generally about modding: make small changes or changes you know that they work and test them oftenly. it can cost extremely much time and nerves to find the reason for an unknown ctd...
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; January 07, 2013 at 02:17 PM.

yes i click create a few and then it will crash after i click a few i maybe get 2 or 3 clicked and then it crashes

i see
    you know what? try to put always one table to another mod(or delete and backup it to save your work).
    therewith the game doesnt use the selected table anymore. if it still dont works put it back into the mod file and try the same thing with another table. till the game works.
    to figure out which table contains the corrupt table. this helps to restrict the radius within the mistake could be. its very likely that its a quite small mistake that you wont find with another method.

im sorry but as i already said, looking for CTD causes can take much, much time

I just found out the game is only crashing when i click on the City Jamaica. I looked at all i could and cant find out what is causing it. Any help can be appreciated.

Then that's unlikely to be caused by db tables IMO.