Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fallout New Vegas on Total War system

Center For Rationality's Avatar Libertus

Icon6 Re: Fallout New Vegas on Total War system

UPDATE:
    GIMP cannot texture this because it doesn't understand the file format. I am going to try to use Mudbox to texture it and then save as a DDS file and mod with gimp

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Fallout New Vegas on Total War system

If I may give you a hint: don't save the texture as .dds until it's done and ready for conversion to .texture format. If you save the texture as .dds you will lose the details because it's of lower quality. It's best to save it as .psd or .tga if you want to continue modifying the texture later on.

And good luck. I'm not sure if this is going to work, but I certainly love the idea and the innovation it would bring to Total War games and more specifically the M2TW (mod) community.
    Last edited by Razor; January 09, 2013 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks bro
    +cred
    I don't how to do that lol send me a pm if thats possible because you deserve it!

I think I figured it out though. I got 3dmax, gimp, and mudbox and I can view the obj file right now. I just got to texture it

02:44 PM AntonioBarbarian is our newest team member
    He is our mapper

Okay, so, to make the New Vegas campaing, i need to make the maps, some one has to make the textures though, i don't think it looks very good to make both Mojave and DC with desert climate, but, i think we CAN make a Main Campaing spamming from Northern Mexico to Canada, we can use this map as a base:

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/imag...Falloutmap.png

The Southern Regions were supossed to be featured in a game (either Tactics 2 or BOS 2, i din't really remember), and were a "Living Jungle" created by a converted Geck, with giant Gecko-like Aligators, but, back to NV, should we put the Mountains to the west of the map? As they can only be acessed using cheats, i don't think we really need to waste 1/3 of the map with that area.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Hmm, that sounds good, Antonio. Perhaps leave the mountains out for the biggest part, but leave a thin mountain range with a big valley inbetween?
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Maybe just mountains at the edges of the map, anyway i was thinking of a Faction list for a Main Campaing if we ever make one:

Factions (Main Campaing):
    - NCR
    - Legion
    - Midwestern Brotherhood
    - Capital Wasteland Brotherhood
    - Mojave Brotherhood of Steel
    - Brotherhood of Steel (Core Region)
    - Commonwealth
    - Enclave
    - The Pitt
    - Brotherhood Outcast (if theres space to add them)
    - Raiders(Rebel faction)

Mojave Wasteland campaing:
    - Mojave Brotherhood
    - NCR
    - Legion
    - The Strip
    - Freeside(?)
    - Boomers
    - State of Uthobita
    - Jacobstown
    - Powder Gangers(?)
    - Great Khans
    - Raiders/Fiends

Capital Wasteland campaing:
    - Brotherhood of Steel
    - Super Mutants
    - Enclave
    - Megaton(?)
    - Rivet City
    - Canterbury Commons(?)
    - Paradise Falls Slavers
    - Tempenny Tower (Allied with Talon Company)
    - Talon Company
    - Raiders (Rebel Faction)

This totals 25(26 with Raiders or even 27 if Fiends are a separate Faction) factions, so we can add more 5 factions.

And if you guys like the idea:

Navarro Campaing (could also be the tutorial campaing)
    - NCR
    - Enclave
    - Brotherhood of Steel(Core Region)
    - Vault City(?)
    - New Arroyo(?)

We/I will only add the cities as faction in this campaing if they were REALLY independent during the campaing or were annexed by the NCR during or after the timeframe of this campaing (theres really no reference to when was Navarro destryed, so my idea was maybe start at 2247 and end in 2253 (wich, as far as i remember, was the year when Lyons and his troop reached DC).

CFR can you maybe add this list in OP?

EDIT: Added Great Khans to Mojave faction list, 27 counting Raiders(Rebels) and Fiends.
    Last edited by AntonioBarbarian; January 10, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

The East Coast Super Mutants? Maybe we should make big raider groups like the Fiends factions? And we need something like an attrition system, to account for the radiation in some areas, or possible dangerous beasts.

I would be willing to do anything, but i would need to learn it first. So, should i try texturing sometime?

Hmm, maybe, i though the Super Mutants could be in the Raider faction, as they have no leader, Fiends, well, maybe, if theres enough space to add Vault 3 as a Settlement, i was having some ideas for the textures, ill see if i can get some screens.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioBarbarian View Post
    So we have 10 factions now. Hmm, maybe adding the Minor ones, sugestions anyone?
    What about a Mothership Zeta faction, or a Brotherhood Outcasts one? Also, why so many brotherhood factions?
    Shouldn't there be just one, but just make it so its regions are spread out?
    Last edited by Ciciro; January 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Different games, different faction, each chapter is more of a faction itself than a chapter of the Brotherhood, DC Brotherhood is an exemple, it has no relations with the Core Region and Mojave chapters of the Brotherhood.

The DC chapter is, in fact, in sort of a war with the Core region faction. The original BoS goal was to salvage all usable tech from the Capital Wasteland and leave the depleted land, but the Elder actually went rogue and tried to clean the CW from Super Mutants instead of looting all the tech. The Outcasts are a result of this policy; they are still focused on salvaging tech.

If anything, the Capital Wasteland chapter should have poor relations with the other chapters if not at war with them.

We have no mention of relations with Midwestern Brotherhood though, yes, they certainly WILL be at war with the Outcasts, Veronica mentions the Capital Wasteland war in NV when you ask her about the Brotherhood, they arent really at war with the Core Region fac, only Poor relations, same with Mojave chapter, maybe a bit better because Elijah might still be the Elder during the start of the Main Campaing, if we ever implement it, but i think we could start with the Navarro Campaing, as a Demo and a test, thats my idea at leats.

Yes, sounds good. Maybe we could have the battle of Hoover Dam as first view? Though it may be ambitious, i think we might pull it off. I might just take a basic course in mapping to help with it.

And we will need a way to balance the Mohave chapter against the NCR. In the game they only survive because they are hidden. That can't be done in the campaign map. I'm thinking a big amount of caps or a strong starter army, combined with a well-defensible settlement. About that, any ideas on how the sieges and settlements will work?

Portable Gauss Howitzers??

But seriously now, i don't really know,hmmmm, what about making Govnerment buildings as settlement buildings (like in Rome) and make Walls REALLY expensive and time comsuming to build, so only Important and Major settlements would build them, and i was thinking, what about replacing Castles with Military Bases?

Hmm, sounds cool. But how would one go about modelling Vaults and stuff like Hidden Valley?

About the government buildings; i was thinking that, too. But more like this:
    NCR:
    Police station
    Military police station
    Diplomatic outpost

That kind of thing. So mainly a place where you can't recruit troops, but where armed men supposedly keep the peace.

Possibly, I don't know if we should REALLY add vaults, maybe as a resource, it can make recruitment times shorter/better Farm production(?), other than that, for bases like Hidden Valley and Raven Rock, the best i can think of it is maybe a strat map model, but other than that, i don't know if it's possible to make underground area accesible.

But i think that Police Station and MP Station should be in Barracks tree, as they will probably recruit the soldiers, but for the Govnerment Buildings:

Governor's House
    Governor's Large House
    Governor's Villa
    etc...

And i was thinking of Cultures, so i made a little test list:

- Old World (used by old cities/ruins)
    - Wasteland (with Megaton style buildings)
    - Wasteland (The San Fransisco buildings, made by the Shi)
    - Wasteland (Desert, like Shady Sands, and other Californian comunities)
    - Tribal (Huts and tents, like Legion and Tribes from the first games)
    - Technological (Brotherhood and Enclave (i've never played tactics, so i don't know what the Brotherhood buildings look likle in the game), maybe the Commonwealth too?)

Basicaly the number of cultures in the vannila game, so, opinions?

Sounds good. And maybe we can introduce a two-tier battle system for underground settlements? I have no idea if the game allows this, but i would think one battle in which you try to reach the entrance, and then you switch to another map, which will be the interior of the base.

Again, i have no idea if the game would allow such a thing. .exe modding would probably do the trick, but that isn't allowed on TWCenter.

Okay alot of good conversation going on here.

As with regards with the Brotherhood of Steel factions, there should be 3 factions if we are going to make a Brotherhood of Steel(East Coast, Outcasts, and regular as no other BOS chapters are at war with the BOS) seperate from the regular BOS. The fact is Mojave are still apart of the core region BOS they were sent east by the leaders. The Midwestern Brotherhood are basically the same as East Coast Brotherhood, they share the same ideals and they both are no longer apart of BOS Core. They agree on the need for new blood. Now with regards to Freeside and Powder Gangers, neither of these have huge amounts of power.

I have played tactics and I know that Brotherhood bases don't look abnormally technological. They are nothing compared to Enclave bulidings. I would characterize there bulidings as pre-war like that are not ruined. The Citadel is more technologically advanced than the other bulidings BOS normally holds.
    Cultures should be split in the following way:
    - Old World (used by old cities/ruins or abandoned cities)
    - Wasteland (Desert, like Shady Sands, and other Californian comunities/Brotherhood of Steel bulidings tend to look similar unless they are inside a Vault)
    -Survivalist(cities that were made by wastelanders like Megaton)
    - Tribal (Huts and tents, like Legion and Tribes from the first games)
    - Technological(Enclave)

I like Antonio's ideas factions with a couple of exceptions:
    Factions (Main Campaing):
    - NCR
    - Legion
    - Capital Wasteland Brotherhood
    - Mojave Brotherhood of Steel
    - Brotherhood of Steel (Core Region)
    - Commonwealth
    - Enclave
    - The Pitt
    - Brotherhood Outcast (if theres space to add them)
    - Raiders(Rebel faction)

Mojave Wasteland campaing:
    - Brotherhood of Steel(core region)
    - NCR
    - Legion
    - The Strip
    - Boomers
    - State of Uthobita
    - Jacobstown
    - Great Khans
    - Fiends
    - Raiders
    Capital Wasteland campaing:
    - Brotherhood of Steel
    - Super Mutants
    - Enclave
    - Megaton
    - Rivet City
    - Paradise Falls Slavers
    - Tempenny Tower (Allied with Talon Company)
    - Talon Company
    - Raiders (Rebel Faction)

Fallout Campign(tutorial)
    - Shady Sands
    - The Master(Super Mutants)
    - Khans
    - Necropolis
    -Brotherhood of Steel(Core region)
    -Vipers
    Wasteland by the Shi-I don't think we should include this because the Enclave nuked San Francisco)
    Last edited by Center For Rationality; January 10, 2013 at 06:45 PM.

Icon13 Re: Fallout New Vegas on Total War system

I am very irritated with the models of the NCR Trooper.

They have t-shapes in them which means that I cannot paint them. I am trying to find a work around. If I cannot than I will see if I can model it, but it suck as I really like the base models and I am not talented at modelling

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast