Rivet City
    Vault 87 Super Mutants
    Brotherhood Outcasts
    The Pitt
    Great Khans
    Boomers
    Fiends
    Raiders

See their are at least 6 factions in Fallout 3.

Center For Rationality's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Fallout New Vegas on Total War system

And Robert House lol sorry lol

Icon6 Re: Fallout New Vegas on Total War system

Can we edit the Music to play tracks(similar to EB) of the Fallout Radio? I mean there's enough songs in both games I was thinking it would make it more authentic.

On small units:
    Legion should be in contubernia which are groups of 8 legionaries and 2 Decanus. We know that usually one contubernia occupies small locations. We should make the numbers slightly bigger for the purpose of making the game more playable. For example, Dead Sea should have control of Nelson with a total of 6 contubernia units with him. But this should only be 3 units. So each unit will have 20 people for the Legion. Any place where a centurion is should have at least 80 men or 10 contubernia.

NCR on the other hand base their army on the Old World military with reduced number of troops. Basically it is reasonable to assume a company is 10-20 men. It seems logical given Lt.Hayes situation. I analyze it like this: traditionally platoons consist of 26-50 soldiers yet he only has 6 men with him. So if divide a number that is roughly in the middle(and easily divisable ) like 36 we get a rough estimate of what the scale factor is... which happens to be 6. Now likes apply the scale factor to company, it gives us in between 13 and 38. I think 20 is a fair number to give in a game. So we can put unit in terms of companies in the game with 20 men per unit.

Brotherhood Military seems fairly unspecific. A chapter and a squad are the closest things I can find to military organization and numbers. This maybe due to Apprentices picking their own path. But assuming all of this reasonable. I see no reason to not to make units the size of a squad especially considering the few amount of Brotherhood and their relative power as individuals(if you doubt this next time ask Christine what weapons shes good with). So I would say unit size is about 10 men per unit. Scribes would probably have many more individuals in a unit. Maybe 25, considering their rather unarmoredness lol.

Its reasonable to assume Enclave would have similar units to NCR as they probably have the same type of population problems and they are literally the United States of America. They probably have the same structure given the same remaining essential government and Col. Autumn. Plus they still have a secret service(Frank Horrigan). I think it essentially the same.

Those are the major factions and I doubt their will be a large amount of argument about the rest.

My map won't post
    Rough map of Vegas: http://postimage.org/image/twcr3qcdh/
    Rough map of Fallout 3: http://postimage.org/image/ruyp3bffb/

TBH Fallout 3 map is going to be difficult until we get a final faction list.

Someone should tell me how to change my signature

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Go to "my account" on the top left corner of the screen under the thread 'tabs'. Then go to "edit signature" in the left part of the screen.

I feel like a fail, I got a mod started without having any posts to use a signatures.
    My next goal is the NCR Faction Description!

New California Republic
    “We're the NCR Rangers - we make the world a better place"
    The New California Republic is America. At least thats what they would have you believe. They follow the roles of the Old World. They believe bringing Democracy and Capitalism to the Wastes will save humanity from the harshness. They want everyone to be able to sleep safe at night. They want to secure the land so people don't have to be afraid. The goals of New California Republic have always been the same as the most popular president ever, the maxim that makes the New California Republic go and flows threw the blood of the bear, a safe people is a strong people. The New California Republic believes no matter at what cost once the waste is civilized that the people will have power; in other words New California Republic is America. As President Kimball once said " We must always remember that wherever Californians stand, we carry our principles with us: equal respect, representation, and protection under the laws of a just republic. This was the same fire that burned in the heart of the Old World that preceded us. We are the heirs of that civilization, torchbearers eastward of the Pacific, into the darkness of this wasted land"

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How the heck would this work?

I do not think that it would super difficult. Medieval 2: Total War is not incompatible with guns. Energy Weapons would be difficult but I don't think that it is going to be a huge problem. Other than that, the main problems to be overcome are about average in a mod. I am qualified at 2d art,skinning, coding , and minor modeling. Mapping is obviously a challange but I am waiting for a response from a talented modeler and a mapper.

I am working on some loading screens with gimp. I got some great ideas once I figure out to put loading bars on the background. Then I get some screenshots

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

So, what do you need me to do, boss?
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Here is the the other Fallout Mod. the one I spoke of earlier. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478103

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

But that one is pretty dead.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

The thread is.

@Adamat
    Lol put your new pic in! More people see it the better. Work on faction description of Brotherhood of Steel. They are going to be difficult for me.
    @Mrr.Randomdude
    It is dead. I have confirmed it

I should note, however, that the mapper from the previous project might be interested in helping us. As for the modeller.. I haven't got a response yet but I saw some pics of the NCR trooper and I believe I could skin that!

Icon6 Re: Fallout New Vegas on Total War system

The former mod leader(Sterling) quit the project, he has given me some valuable resources to start this mod. We already have the .obj files of the NCR Trooper, there is a slight problem however, I am not sure what to do with .obj files(convert them?) in order to texture them. While I know what to do if I have a texture in front of me I am confuzzled about creating one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
    here it is with all attachments shown ... just needs texturing

If I can texture this we will have our first unit.

Paleo Is the one who Modeled it he has worked with Me on other Projects. He is also Helping Me with My DA: TW mod but I haven't Given Him anything to do yet.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast