Thread: Malazan Tale of the Fallen: Total War

Huene's Avatar Aimless Wanderer

Default Malazan Tale of the Fallen: Total War

has anyone ever thought of making a mod based on the books by Steven Erikson? i think that would be totally awsome, you could set the map in seven cities or genibakis (spelling) or do the whole freaking world. any thoughts?

Laetus

Default Re: Malazan Tale of the Fallen: Total War

It's kind of annoying that no one has made this mod yet. I've been playing around with some models just to see what i could make and i think a Genabackis campaign is very do-able. slightly out of my league atm but it's something i'd like to see happen.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Any more info about the background of there books?

Laetus

The Malazan Encyclopedia at http://encyclopediamalazica.pbworks.com/
    Is a good source of info.
    I had a few more ideas for a Genabackis campaign which I'll post shortly

A mod of malazan would be awesome.

However, realistically, it will never be made since some factions would have near invincible units.

E.g. T'lan imass armies, forkrul assail pures, crimson guard avowed, kchain chemalle hordes

Edit:although I suppose that you can limit them. For example. Tlan imass starts out with All of its clans scattered around the malazan world. They can hire levies in the places they conquer(although realistically they don't conquer so much as as kill everything) just as garrison units. The tlan imass themselves can move vast distances in a single turn and can move across seas without ships. They should have extremely high stats but cannot be recruited so what you start off with is what you have for the whole game.

Forkrul assail pures are only available as family members and in units of 1 like the balrogs from third age mod

Avowed takes ten turns to recruit and are in very small units, which can multiply the power of the crimson guard factions armies

Kchain chemalle start off with only one nest and periodically spawn more troops

Also it could be split into several campaigns.

E.g. One campaign with the whole world map which is free for all

One campaign for the whirlwind rebellion
    One campaign for the alliance agaisnt the pannion domain
    One campaign for the tiste edur Invasion of Letheras
    One campaign for adjunct parans invasion of Kolansee

Ohhh and one campaign for the rise of the malazan empire!!!
    Last edited by seleucid empire; February 03, 2013 at 09:33 PM.

Make it then seleucid empire

Quote Originally Posted by Bu11seye00 View Post
    Make it then seleucid empire
    It was just an idea, I have no clue how to mod anything

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

I've thought about it and it's virtually impossible, or at the least it would have to be extremely limited.

Best way to do it would be the Whirlwind Rebellion (books 2-4), with a horde army for the Chain of Dogs and a scripted arrival of the Adjunct. But still magic would be really hard to represent, as would individual characters like Karsa who would be virtually unstoppable.

Still, the Seven Cities war would have little in the way of T'lann Imass, Eleint, crazy ass Crimson Guardsmen etc so it would be easier to represent if you were dead set on making a Malazan mod.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by seleucid empire View Post
    It was just an idea, I have no clue how to mod anything
    Why not learn? You could start today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bu11seye00 View Post
    Why not learn? You could start today.
    too busy, why dont you make it?
    Last edited by seleucid empire; February 12, 2013 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    I've thought about it and it's virtually impossible, or at the least it would have to be extremely limited.

Best way to do it would be the Whirlwind Rebellion (books 2-4), with a horde army for the Chain of Dogs and a scripted arrival of the Adjunct. But still magic would be really hard to represent, as would individual characters like Karsa who would be virtually unstoppable.

Still, the Seven Cities war would have little in the way of T'lann Imass, Eleint, crazy ass Crimson Guardsmen etc so it would be easier to represent if you were dead set on making a Malazan mod.
    The whirlwind is a pretty limited campaign though. You would start off with Aren and you would be surrounded by a hostile faction. You would get wiped out even with the adjunct script.

Magic wont be hard. There are a few mods in progress that use the ballisate/siege engine model for fireballs etc.

I would like the Pannion war a lot better. More factions to add in.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah Pannion war work I guess. But still have reservations about magic. A few guys slinging fireballs doesn't really capture the warrens/hold idea and how it works.

Plus again you have crazy characters in that. Imagine the three Seguleh wiping out swathes of Pannions with Envy and Tool. Would be ridiculous!

Cool image of them here though if you needed any inspiration

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!