Thread: Turks Lore Friendly Loading Screen Replacers

Default Turks Lore Friendly Loading Screen Replacers

I was wondering what the rule is for submods on here? Im looking to do some lore friendly screens and quotes for new loading screens. Quotes from the games and from Hyrule Historia.

Furthermore would anyone even be intrested in something like this if i did it?
    Last edited by Xx_Turk_xX; January 06, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Turks Lore Friendly Loading Screen Replacers

It sounds interesting to me.

As for rules I don't think there are any. Just give credit where credit is due and everything should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Turk_xX View Post
    I was wondering what the rule is for submods on here? Im looking to do some lore friendly screens and quotes for new loading screens. Quotes from the games and from Hyrule Historia.

Furthermore would anyone even be intrested in something like this if i did it?
    Me and Duke would be very happy to have some more friendly to the lore stuff in this mod. I did scout out just what you were talking about before, I just never implemented it or remember it. Would you want some help doing this?

EDIT: you definitely should have this one.
    "The rising sun will eventually set.
    A newborn's life will fade.
    From sun to moon, moon to sun...
    Give peaceful rest to the living dead." (Song of Sun poem) and the stuff like it. BTW, if you do this, could you get rid of the creepy cosplay pictures? they make me unconfortable.
    EDIT EDIT EDIT uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dang you auto correct!!!!!!!!!!! made me sound like a pervert.
    Last edited by Opus; January 07, 2013 at 06:05 PM.

Yes of course. I'm a beginner at this modding stuff. So you'll have to bear with me as i learn. Me and my friend Bohemian Hussar are also planning a sub campaign of Twlilight Princess. Nothings official as we're still learning. Basically it would follow the plot of twilight princess with random events pushing the story along. Only maybe 8 factions. If you or anyone you know is a modder i could really use the help. Again nothing official, just an idea, thats why i havent posted a thread for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Turk_xX View Post
    Yes of course. I'm a beginner at this modding stuff. So you'll have to bear with me as i learn. Me and my friend Bohemian Hussar are also planning a sub campaign of Twlilight Princess. Nothings official as we're still learning. Basically it would follow the plot of twilight princess with random events pushing the story along. Only maybe 8 factions. If you or anyone you know is a modder i could really use the help. Again nothing official, just an idea, thats why i havent posted a thread for it yet.
    You might want to start with a lower goal than a full campaign as that is basically all things that go into the game all at the same time. I would start with a all text project first to see if you like modding and to get faster results. If you like modding and it is not a chore to do, then you should go for the important stuff. (coding, mapping (you will need a new map to do that TP sub mod), modeling (some stuff like the goron units and the zora can stay, but the Hylian faction would probably need a redo of many units))

As far as learning about how to mod, you really only two things to get started on that.
    1. The tutorial index: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92488

2. The Holy Pilgrim's profile bookmarked so you can PM him all your questions that the former doesn't answer.

I have to warn you that the chance of getting somebody else to help you with the actual modding is very small. If a person wanted to mod, they would make their own mod about what they want to mod. If you get somebody, great, but I would plan on having somebody in the group doing what needs to be done instead of waiting for somebody to come along.

Good luck.