Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Submission Commentary Thread

A humble suggestion, of little effort but good response, to get beneficial effect on vote participation is that you encourage people to post "Voted" once they voted, and all act as good example doing so themselves.

Why? Domino effects.
    Because if you do then all your friends will have a chance to see that you voted somewhere, that in many cases create interest in what you're up to and where. For sure I almost never visit this part of the forum, but if I see Finlander posted I would at least get curious to what he's up to.
    Those people, such as me, will drop by and perhaps vote too. And if they hang on the trend, then they post "Voted" so all their friends will have a chance to see that they voted somewhere, and so it goes on.
    People are pack animals, to be blunt, who will go to look if a crowd is standing looking at something, hehe. One of the greatest ways to create interest is to show that there is interest already, and that can only you guys.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I don't think that using thematic would help.
    Thematic could limit the number of participant because not all people are interested in.
    The problem, right now, is not to increase the number of competition but to find candidate for the two existing ones (PotW and UeSW).

Posting "advertising" in specific thread, even if it could help to make peoples aware of the competition, is a lot of work.
    Moreover, the benefit of it could be quite low because adressing a smaller audience.

On the other hand, increasing the reward for participating and winning competition could be a good idea to motivate peoples.

To sum up, I think needs are :

• allowing a maximum of people to compete
    • finding solution to adress large audience
    • motivate poeples to compete

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

By "thematic", I meant the renaming of UESW and POTW, not the invention of two new competitions. I'd hope that adding some flavour to them (e.g. also including some historical information about the respective them) could perhaps increase the interest of the public, although there is the danger that it will just confuse them. I was inspired by the older competitions found in the Archive, which were given a specific title (like "Nemesis" or "Crystal Skull"), which was however a bit random (if I didn't miss anything).

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Is people voting?
    I ask just because lately this place looks slightly uninhabited and you feels like a forgotten astronaut, left alone in the International Space Station , all in all, it's not so bad, but ..

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Funny it is there are 100-150 views on vote threads, but there are only 5-10 voted in.

Patrician Artifex

Maybe could it be possible to add "Abstain" to poll.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Content Emeritus

New POTW and UESW rounds will start at tomorrow afternoon and results come out too!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There should be enough entries to have a new VOTM vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    ^this

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Maybe could it be possible to add "Abstain" to poll.

Why?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    I will start it on next round

Content Emeritus

Due of lack POTW and UESW competition pictures... Next POTW, UESW and also VOTM round will start on Friday afternoon. You will have couple days remaining to add your submission before deadline.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Why?
    For example, because voter consider none of contributions are interesting and/or worth to vote for.

It was a kind of answer to the previous post
    Funny it is there are 100-150 views on vote threads, but there are only 5-10 voted in.

Blog Entries

The easy way is to simply not vote, then.

It isn't like the former CdeC where all twelve members were supposed to vote so if someone didn't want to vote yes or no they could simply abstain. There's no point in "abstaining" from a multi-choice competition when one can simply not vote, thereby abstaining.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Patrician Artifex

It's likely what happen and explain why a thread can have 100-150 viewer and only 10-15 voters.

I'm not advocating for an "abstain" vote, only telling that it is not strange nor funny that a thread can be viewed by many member but only few of them vote.

Blog Entries

To be fair, 100-150 views does not mean 100-150 members looked at it. Views are from guests as well.

Could be as few as 12 members actually looked at it.

One thing I will work on when I return from my upcoming break is promoting the competition a bit more.

Content Emeritus

If you guys asking me why new round is not started? I will not start a new round when both POTW and UESW content get at least 4 submissions. 2-3 submissions sound too low and less competitive for me and I am trying giving chance for people who want still entry to the content. Look like next round will be small... I am not inactive, I watch to this section couple times in day if there are submissions arrived, but I have seen only 1-3 submissions before or after previous round is ended. I will start new round shortly if no new submissions come soon.

- Noif de Bodemloze

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    If you guys asking me why new round is not started? I will not start a new round when both POTW and UESW content get at least 4 submissions. 2-3 submissions sound too low and less competitive for me and I am trying giving chance for people who want still entry to the content. Look like next round will be small... I am not inactive, I watch to this section couple times in day if there are submissions arrived, but I have seen only 1-3 submissions before or after previous round is ended. I will start new round shortly if no new submissions come soon.

- Noif de Bodemloze
    I'll post a couple of entries v.soon.

....Done!
    Last edited by Spear Dog; November 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Done

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

A great big thank you to Finlander for all the time and effort he put in here running the contests!

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

Big thanks to Finlander, you have been absolutely amazing and your time here will always be remembered, just like the previous directors. Once again, thank you for your time here and your tireless effort to manage everything!
    And to Noif, hope you will have a great time here, as well as the best of luck to you!

Sorry for my bad English