Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435363752 ... LastLast

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    It will come in time, just people like me are been busy these summer time. I've posted last week and this week winners now, so reps come soon when Admins will see my post.
    Ops, sorry Noif, forgive me, now I see: the whole thing was connected with Admins.

So, it seems, that just for giving some deserved Rep, a poor Christ, in charge of managing a subsection of a subsection of the site, trying and struggling to keep it alive and working, this poor Christ, I was saying, needs to ask for permission, being very careful in following strictly the established hierarchical order, to the Central Committee of the Admins, which, after a deep and accurate (and totally useless) examination of the request, after having taken its time, because, from the height of its infinite wisdom, the Central Committee needs its time to evalutae such complex matters, with the necessary seriousness and the due scruple, finally, I was saying, the central authority expresses, again following a rigorous hierarchical procedure, because this is what really matters, its wise and benign opinion in favour of the aforementioned authorization, wich will finally reach the aforementioned poor Christ, in charge of the aforementioned sub-section of the sub-section of the sub-sector of the main forum, who will be able to give the aforementioned deserved rep points, to the greedy and ungrateful individual who's requesting them loudly and, just to finish, we should not forget that such an incredible amount of work and such a complex procedure, need only three weeks to be completed! Wow! Just wow!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Just be nice with Gen.Chris while I'm in vacation off. I might sometime lurk here when I m on PC.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm impressed with the texture of the cannon in the third entry in UESW 387, which game (and/or mod) does it come from?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I'm impressed with the texture of the cannon in the third entry in UESW 387, which game (and/or mod) does it come from?
    It's from Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai (no mods). I think it's an Armstrong Gun, which is the main type of artillery/cannon.

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

I'd like to suggest a medal award for UESW, it adds incentive and I've often wondered why this category alone goes unrewarded - it is at heart the most essential of the screenshot categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    I'd like to suggest a medal award for UESW, it adds incentive and I've often wondered why this category alone goes unrewarded - it is at heart the most essential of the screenshot categories.
    A medal in and of itself, or just UESW wins contribute to the POTW points you need for the next medal? Perhaps UESW wins could contribute half a point, because if it was changed I'd presume quite a few people would be given an award en masse, and it might not be as prestigious or whatever.

Also, can't you click K to hide the UI in Empire/Napoleon?
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; June 20, 2017 at 09:37 PM.

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Probably, been a while since I visited those games - it's just a really old screenie, back from before I knew what I know now.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Okay, starting work on making the competition threads. Been a while so be gentle with me
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

This is the Screenshot competition Chris, we can't go gentle on you. It's a matter of life and death. Wars that span the breadth of the globe have been started for less.

You forgot to make a poll in the two vote threads, and I don't think you can vote if the thread is locked.
    Also, in the re-vote you've said 3 votes are allowed, and in the actual votes you've said just 1 vote. You bring dishonour to your ancestors.

Blog Entries

Sorry guys!

So when I created the threads I kept getting an error that wouldn't let me create the poll (error was on my browser). So I just created the thread and have been trying to figure out a solution. I finally figured out a workaround with the help of Tango (admittedly it was something I should have thought of immediately).

So the votes are on! Hopefully I can figure out why the computer/browser is being a pain before the next threads are made.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Sorry guys!

So when I created the threads I kept getting an error that wouldn't let me create the poll (error was on my browser). So I just created the thread and have been trying to figure out a solution. I finally figured out a workaround with the help of Tango (admittedly it was something I should have thought of immediately).

So the votes are on! Hopefully I can figure out why the computer/browser is being a pain before the next threads are made.
    Don't worry mate, Noif had a similar problem for quite a number of weeks as well. I'm not sure how he ended up solving it though.

I was going to download the Great War mod and dedicate my POTW and UESW pictures to Noif since he's retiring, but I've nearly run out of internet so that plan died lols. Here's two subpar Game of Thrones screenshots in memory of you Noif
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; June 27, 2017 at 11:05 AM.

It's a weird issue! I still need to understand if it comes from the site and its software, or if it comes from their personal machines and from their own software..

It's also a weird circumstance that with so may diligent staff members, taking care about almost everything on this site, this issue is still there, at its place, unsolved!

Really a weird circumstance ..

Blog Entries

K so my internet was down all day. In fact it was down throughout most of my area, so I wasn't able to do anything today.

Ill try to be on tomorrow to get stuff done.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I'm still alive, but now back to proper summer holiday. What the waste of time last week, but it doesn't matter. After my summer holiday I will be busy again with upcoming game studies. Remember keep a banner up, Caligula. If have any question, just pm here or in-steam when i'm online.

Gen.Chris and I have taken over Noif's role as Content Director and Content Staff/Deputy Director respectively.
    Please tell us if we made any mistakes for this week and sorry for the backlog/delay.

The rep will be awarded as soon as possible.

A huge thanks to Noif for hosting the previous editions for so long.

Welcome to the new Directors!

Ok I've remade the polls, since I had to get Flinn in to make sure the poll regarding the rule change was legit. So basically,

You may vote for yourself.
    Everyone MUST use all of the votes available.
    If you use more or less than the required amount of votes and don't contact the Competition Manager before the poll ends, your votes will not count.

Give the new rules a go, if they absolutely fail somehow we'll go back to the drawing board.

Good luck everyone.

Edit: Which game did you use this week Diocle? Empire? I wanted to do a Great War mod screenshot last week, but couldn't work out how to completely hide the UI.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; July 14, 2017 at 08:44 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Next time with the new rules you should also edit this in the poll "WHO SHALL WIN? (MAX. 2 VOTES)" to something like this: "WHO SHALL WIN? (MUST USE 2 VOTES)"

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Next time with the new rules you should also edit this in the poll "WHO SHALL WIN? (MAX. 2 VOTES)" to something like this: "WHO SHALL WIN? (MUST USE 2 VOTES)"
    Ah right good call, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    Edit: Which game did you use this week Diocle? Empire? I wanted to do a Great War mod screenshot last week, but couldn't work out how to completely hide the UI.
    I'm using Empire and Napoleon for I'm immersed in a personal neo-colonial bloody dream, so, East India Company and Zulu War Mods are perfect for the occasion (at least until I'm in the wait for the day in which CA will give me the opportunity to play Adua, Amba Alagi and all the wonderful battles of the infamous Italian colonial wars and maybe evn the Italo-Turkish war in Victoria Total War).
    I'm also using Imperial Splendour which is really a splendour! .. and I've collected few interesting pics of my Russian, British and French campaigns in Great War Mod (wonderful!).
    Meanwhile, I've played a full royalist campaign in the wonderful ECW Mod for Med2, For King or Country and I've re-installed 1648 and I'm playing a very slow-paced Swedish campaign.
    My external games are now Battlefleet Gothic and .. Ironclads: American Civil War.