Thread: [PROPOSAL] Longer battles

Default [PROPOSAL] Longer battles

I dont know how the majority of darth mod players feel about this one but at least for me the battles (once the units begin fighting) are quite short.Part of the problem (on my side ) may be that i play with relatively small unit sizes but still i find it quite annoying to see 80 samurai to cut down 120 ashigarus in under 10 seconds.
    I have tried to mod this myself ( by doubling the melee defense of every single unit ) but it would seem there wasnt much difference.Anyway i was wondering is there someone who feels this way and has the know how to make such a mod ?

Default Re: [PROPOSAL] Longer battles

i missed this longer battle......when i using DM 2.6 and other sub mod

crunchyfrog's Avatar Semisalis

Try lowering the attack and charge numbers instead.

Isnt there a way to make a unit armor multiplier that way you wouldnt have to change the stats for every unit mod you have installed (considering that things get updated, you would have to change it everytime there is an update)

(give everyone +10 armor or something)
    Last edited by Hyzoran; February 11, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

It'd be awesome if fights lasted that long!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

One thing you guys can try is going into darthmod_shogun.pack (after making a backup!!) with Pack File Manager, and navigating to "db/_kv_rules_tables/Darth_kv_rules"

There, find the values for the following:
    "factor_attackdir_flankleft"
    "factor_attackdir_flankright"
    "factor_attackdir_front"
    "factor_attackdir_rear"

Basically, these are like damage multipliers based on what direction a unit is being attack from...so "front" should be low and the "rear" and "flank" values should be high if you want flanking to be important during battles.

Anyway, try making them all LOWER than what is currently there (don't go below zero though, I think). This may help slow fights down, though I'm sure Darth's method for controlling battle speed has more stuff involved.

Like I said, if you try this, make a backup first...it worked well for me in older versions but it might be kind of screwy/unhelpful in this one, I don't know.

Bump. No submod available that does this yet? The high kill rates are the only thing stopping me from playing Shogun 2.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

See posts #8 and #15 of the this sub mod.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...DMS-2-Settings
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 07, 2016 at 12:28 PM.