Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [AAR] A Song of Quills and Swords (KoRaH)

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [AAR] A Song of Quills and Swords (KoRaH)

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    So the Chains of the Islands and the Falcon of the Mountain have begun a conquest of the North. Interesting.
    I hardly think killing some Bolton scum is considered a full conquest of the North

Bcman's Avatar Senator

King Lancel King of Casterly Rock

Lacel was pleased of what had become of his daughter. She was now the next Queen of the Iron Isles.

His son was also excited. The planned invasion of House Mudd had begun. 1 month ago King Lancel

knew that his army would get frustrated at the fact that 10,000 men had been promised riches and and

jewels when the battle for Highgarden was over. So the king decided that the next richest place to sack

was Riverrun. He had also heard that his Ally and friend King Alesander Durranion had begun his great

invasion of the Riverlands. Lancel knew that alot of the armies of House Mudd would be attempting to

hold off the Mudd invasion. Seeing this Lancel sent a Raven to his Son and told him to assemble the

10,000 men and march to the Riverlands. 20,000 men are now in the Riverlands fighting less then

5,000 Mudd soldiers. The odds are clearly with King Lancel. His new ally House Hoare would become

useful if the new alliance had any difficulty.

Sean Lannister, Knight of House Lannister

The Worst thing about Sieges is the waiting. The Large Town of Stony Heart was putting up a suborn

resistance. the men were excited for a while but as the days dragged on the excitement became anxiety

for the assault up the towers that will begin soon i hope. The defenders were always yelling insults and

throwing at us. We would every once in a while throw a body of a dead Mudd soldier over the walls

just to piss em off. The worst thing to do to them was to burn the local Heart trees in front of their

walls. In the little villages out side of Stony Heart there are numerous Heart trees that are suitable fire

starters . The King of course doesn't let us use them as timber but every time a Lannister soldier gets

killed he breaks a branch off and burns it. The religious fanatics in the settlement have even charged

out and attacked us multiple times. Now tho they just sit in the castle and scream. The only thing to do

is to 1. go pillage a local village ( but the women who are left clean from the early raping and pillaging

are old) 2. sharpen your swords and armor. 3. To go on reconnaissance missions around the walls. Lucky

since i am a knight and my name happens to be Lannister i get to go to the officer feast and get the

best selection of the local brothels. But i have to make sure my squire (whos is some lad thats last

name is Clegane) is supplied, and that my squire doesn't scare any horses. You wouldn't believe how

many knights and hedge knights have complained about Clegane scaring there horses and having to go

on a mad hunt to find them. The Mudd soldiers know that they are doomed and know that it is not fair.

But this is war and well war isn't very fair
    Bye day the banished sun circles the earth like a grieving mother with a lamp- The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XVI View Post
    I hardly think killing some Bolton scum is considered a full conquest of the North
    Well I consider the dominion mine, regardless

Ah, I thought that winter had come for this aar! I'm glad to see I was proven otherwise!
    The wrath of the Noldor is swift and terrible, blades and arrows reap a bountiful harvest of death upon the foes of the Eldar.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Chapter 2 is up!
    New features include
    -Bigger map!
    -Simplified Index that is easy to use and maintain!

It can be all yours for an easy price of $20.00 U.S dollars.

I will also throw in an extra Hoare excerpt from Chapter 1 Turn 2 that some might have missed. Come now! Limited Stock!

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XVI View Post
    If I have to be scum.... can I be soap scum?

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

He is my third RP, which covers Turns 3-6

A Song of Quills and Swords - Turns 3-6

The History of the Kingdom of Storm and Shore - First Edition
    Penned by Lucius of House Gallagher

Synopsis:

The current Stormking, Alesander Durranion, wages holy war against The Kingdom of River and Hills to bring the light of the Seven to the Riverlands, whose occupants still cling to their false gods as the Stormlanders once did before the coming on the Andals.

King Alesander's forces, fresh from victories against the Darklyn's, the former kings of the shore, and the Crab King of Sharp Point, now advance against The Kingdom of River and Hills.
    Several months before the opening of the account, Jon Darry led a combined force of Mudd and Darrymen to victory against the Stormking, but as the opening of this account has shown, the Stormking launched a counter attack, seizing the town of Maidenpool and the fortress of Antlers in a single swoop.

Turn 3:

Having won their first engagements, the Stormking's forces, under the command of King Alesander , fortified the border with House Mudd. A series of mutually supporting fortifications were constructed to house the Stormkiung's hosts, while a force of elite cavalry were kept at Antlers to react to any Darry advances.

The Stormking summoned his son, Gulian, from the Stomlands - disturbed by reports of his sons carnal indulgences. Gulian brought men from Stokeworth to meet with his father, and along the way won a small engagement with a force of brigands - his first taste of battle.

Turn 4:

King Alesander receives his son and the reinforcements from Stokeworth, and together they hatch a plan for the destruction of Houses Darry and Mudd.

With his fleet having been assembled from the formed fleets of the Darklyn kings, The Stormking ordered a third force to be raised, this time to sail against the remaining petty Kingdom bordering Durranion's domain - The island of Driftmark. Upon this island dwelt a force of pirates, led by a King who called himself 'The King of the Waters'. This King had sent a sortie to the castle of Stonedance, which had been defeated in a bloody battle. The commander of the Stormking's force in this engagement, a minor noble of House Trant, was rewarded for his leal service by being appointed as the leader of the conquest of this petty Kingdom.

Turn 5:

To the east, Jon Trant's forces sailed for the island of driftmark, landing unopposed as the King of the Waters had sent his fleets to raid the lands formerly held by the Darklyn kings and the King of Crab Isle.
    As a prelude to a joint conquest of the RIverlands, an alliance was struck with House Lannister - the current Kings of the Rock. Alesander's own daughter was sent as emissary to treat with Lancel Lannister, whose forces had advanced upon the town of Stoney Heart.

In a daring move, the Stormking ordered his son Gulian to advance North and to join his banners to his own. The Alesander put his son in charge of a small party of men who would head North and construct a fortification to block Donos Darry from coming to the aid of his own house.

With Gulian gone, Alesander personally led a strong force of cavalry in a raiding mission behind enemy lines. A large force of men has been assembled at Darry Keep, so many in fact that there was not enough room in the Keep itself and a contingent had been forced to make their camp outside the castle's Western wall. This would prove to be their downfall. With the keep between them and the Stormking, they felt safe enough, and failed to fortify their position

In a risky move, The Stormking personally led a cavalry charge from the North, surprising the defenders and overwhelming the camp.

The commander of the garrison, Oswell Piper, was incredulous and ordered his men to form up for battle outside the Western wall. They advance in good order to relieve the camp, and Alesander's cavalry took heavy losses. Piper, believing that he had finally caught the Stormking, ordered his reserves forward to surround the Stormking and either capture or hill him.

In doing this, Piper had played into Alesander's hands - and the Stormking's infantry launched a counter attack from the Piper's Southern and Eastern flanks, forcing the forces of the Kingdom of Rivers and Hills into full flight. Pipers forces retreated into the keep in good order, but they sustained heavy losses. Later that day, another engagement was fought as more forces approached the Keep from the Southern side. They were attacked once again, this time by the host formerly led by Prince Gulian, who had advanced from the east. Piper foolishly look up arms once again, but was once again smashed by the combined infantry forces of the Kingdom of Storm and Shore.

Turn 6:

This engagement effectively ended the ability of House Darry to resist their inevitable assimilation into the Kingdom of Storm and Shore. Their forces had been smashed, and with the King of the Rock and the King of the Isles having also attacked the Kingdom of River and Hills, Donos Darry - unable to cross the river Trident, was forced to march North.

Days later, Darry Keep itself fell to the forces of Alesander Durranian. Piper, exhausted and injured from the battle, surrendered, but was sentenced to death alongside the remaining members of House Darry. The godswood was put to the flame, and an order sent across the newly assimilated territory that so-called Greenseers were to be put to the sword.

As a reward for his services, the castle was granted to House Morrigen and the keep renamed.
    Morrigen was then instructed to lead the bulk of the Kingdom's forces West, to capture the fortress of Acorn Hall. With Lannister forces close buy, the Kingdom made a declaration to assuage House Lannister's fears of war with the Stormking.

An alliance was agreed with House Arryn, confirming the long standing friendship between the two people's.
    The Island of Driftmark fell to Jon Trant's forces, with the King of the Waters slain and his men and ships absorbed into the Kingdom of Storm and Shore. Survivors of the battle, upon interrogation, spoke of strange happenings on the adjacent island. Another foreigner had built a fortress on the island.

A small force sailed to the island and confirmed these rumours. A large force of men had assembled on the island, but they appeared to have no ships nor other means of troubling the Kingdom of Storm and Shore. Lacking the men to take the island at this time, Jon Trant decided to wait for further instructions as to how to deal with this threat.

Current Statistics (Turn 6)

Total Enemy Casualties:
    - Mudd: 2763

Notable Enemy Commander's Slain:
    - Desmond Mooton (Mudd - Turn 2)
    - Jon Darry (Mudd - Turn 2)
    - Oswell Piper (Mudd - Turn 6)

- Matthos Velaryon, the King of the Waters (Rebel - Turn 6)
    Last edited by Badger-dude; February 16, 2013 at 07:17 AM.

... Does anyone even read these?

SuicidalBrownie's Avatar Civis
    Beautiful city of Utrecht, The Netherlands

yes

Yep

1st fact of AARs. You only get about 1 comment for every 20 readers... If your lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by SuicidalBrownie View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fürst Frederic View Post
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    1st fact of AARs. You only get about 1 comment for every 20 readers... If your lucky.
    Glad that I got at least two

I have written one for Turn 7. It's only short, so I will probably enter it with Turn 8 - as that is essentially the conclusion of the War in the Riverlands. With Tristifer V dead, House Mudd is extinguished. I doubt Darry will make much in the way of a comeback with Arryn, Lannister, and Hoare closing in...

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

I read this when I visit this dusty forum once in a while.

Does my change in style help, d'ya think?

Good prose takes forever to write.

Due to real life the player of house Gardner is unable to take time and write his RP's. If someone would like to replace him or team up and write about his turns feel free. Otherwise there will be llittle information about that chuck of Westeros.

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

RP number 3, the Riverlands have been invaded by the Kingdom of Mountain and Vale
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A firm wind blew over the Bay of Crabs, the trees on both sides of the river were rustling while the Bay was full of foamy waves. Lord Morton Royce smelled the air and tasted salt and fish, they had already passed several fishing villages; the first ones were full of curious faces and the fishermen of both the Northern and Southern shore had even sailed their small boats besides the great galleys of the Vale while offering their wares. The more they went west though the more villages seemed devoid of woman and children and after they past the harbour of Maidenpool they villages were simply deserted.
    His men wondered where the villagers had gone, they became more restless after every empty village, “These villages are under the protection of house Mudd, they distrust us and simply hide in the woods’’ !
    Lord Grafton looked at the densely wooded coast “why do they hide from us? We are here to liberate them and we bring the light of the seven”. Lord Royce had not time to answer Grafton’s ignorance, the harbour of Saltpans was in sight.

“Raise the banners”! The sky-blue falcon banners of the Arryns and the Orange Rune encrusted banners of house Royce were raised and waved in the wind.
    Before the Riverland fishermen and merchants knew what was happening the galleys had sailed into the harbour and the men-at arms of the Vale had secured the main buildings and ships. No blood was spilled and the Riverlanders looked on with dull eyes, they knew this would happen; they could do nothing but accept their new rulers.
    “Captain Rickard, you will stay here with 120 men to keep the harbour! The rest of you to the road, we march for Saltpans!”
    The men ordered themselves in orderly lines, they marched with infantry up front, then came the archers, infantry again and then the cavalry closed the column. Some generals allowed their armies to march by house, the most prestigious house in the front and the petty houses in the back; Royce was wiser then that though. In the case of an attack the column had to be perfectly organised or it would be broken.

After 2 hours of marching they reached Saltpans, carts were rolling out of the gate; it seemed the population was trying to escape north, like the main Mudd army had done only a month before. Darry was a coward to leave his people defenceless “Ser Belmore!” “Yes my lord” “Lead the cavalry to the road, cut of those carts, kill any man wearing arms but show mercy to anyone that doesn’t resist” The young knight charged, the cavalry behind him, it was a splendid sight, all those colours and armours shining in the sun while they shouted “A Falcon, a falcon, for the Vale!!!”
    “Infantry follow me, were going to secure the gate, FOR THE KING AND THE VALE!!!” Royce stepped of his horse and charged with his sword and shield in hand while his men followed. But they were too slow, their armours slowed their charge down and he saw Mudd men at arms urging stragglers into the gate while they were slowly closing it.

“We won’t make it my lord!” but just as he was about to give the command to stop the charge at the gates he heard a horn. A clear horn that echoed across the battlefield, from the North came a huge column of soldiers, their sky blue banners and surcoats almost too bright to behold. Royce knew those soldiers, they were the Falconguard.
    For a moment he thought Talon had arrived south but then he saw his king, the Old Falcon was sitting on a brilliant white horse with all the great lords of the Vale around him, their banners were dwarfed by the huge falcon standard of the King.
    His king had come and his Falconguard secured the gates, “To the gate men!” Royce knew that victory was secured while his men stormed forward to aid the Falconguard in the taking of the settlement. He heard later that lord Fisher had been killed in his stables, trying to mount a fast horse to flee the settlement. Saltpans was claimed for the Vale and King Osgood rode besides him through the gates followed by holy septons, septons armed with axes.

The weirwood would make good kindling he thought.

To the north:

A cold wind drew from the south, heavy rains had turned the soil into Mud and they had to save as much of the harvest as possible. Father had said that they needed all the food they could find, the Darry soldiers that had come from the south had marched west again but not before taking the village’s winter supplies. The wise man of the village had begged lord Darry to leave them some food, they would starve if he didn’t but the lord had just shrugged and turned his horse west.

All they could do now was pray at the weirwood in the forest, maybe the old gods would save their crops.

“What’s that!”

Keira’s head jerked up, a huge plume of smoke was hanging in the sky above the forest. The wise man of the village, the eldest member of the community with a big white beard opened his mouth in horror “The weirwood, the gods” he whispered in a dreadful voice.
    Then suddenly she heard a rumbling noise out of the forest which seemed to come closer every second, they came from between the trees, heavily armoured soldiers in blue surcoats.
    The rumbling was theirs, they screamed, no, it was more like chanting, “Talon, talon, talon talon’’ the entire army coming out of the woods murmured the name like a prayer.
    Talon, she knew that name, it was an accursed name in her village, the bloodthirsty prince from the east. The villagers started running, she grabbed her little sister and ran for the village but she could hear the rumbling of hooves behind her and she knew they didn’t stand a chance.

She heard the ground shake with the thunder of hooves and the last thing she felt was a sharp sting in her back, she fell into the mud and knew she it was over.
    Her sister was crouched besides her, looking at her with big brown eyes while the blue riders were swarming around them. “Run Evelien run to Greenfork Watch” she could feel her strength waning. She shouldn’t forget, she was going to marry Bryan next spring, she was going to be fine, she just needed to rest as she felt her limbs going cold.

Evelien reached Greenfork Watch, she was crying so hard, the soldier had driven his lance right through her big sister; she tried to find her father but the castle was in an uproar, she heard someone screaming “Prince Talon has come to Greenfork Watch send word to Lord Darry immediately”. Evelien felt so tired, she sat against a wall and let sleep overtake her, her dreams were filled with Sky-blue knight, seven pointed stars and burning trees but she also saw Keira laughing, her sister liked to laugh.
    Last edited by Louis XVI; February 24, 2013 at 07:38 AM.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Turn 11- RP House Gardener

Axell stared at the walls of Sunspear. Tall they were, and thick. The dornish are great architects, Axell thought to himself. What a shame would it be to bring down those walls, he thought.....
    He shouted up to the man up high on those walls. "It's your last chance, Manwoody. Open your gates, or we will storm the city!"
    Manwoody only sneered and laughed. "we will not open our gates to a man like you!" .He spat on from the high wall, all the way to the red sand outside the city. "supposedly, you are a man of the faith, aren't you Axell. What Warrior son would go to war with his fellow Andal?"

"I serve King Gyles Gardener, and King Gyles does not care for men like the men from the house you serve. He offered them a chance to bow to him, and they refused, only to bow to Alesander Durranion. They will pay for it with their lives. Open the gate, or I promise you a faith similiar to that of your overlords, House Martell."
    Axell answered to him

"Ha!" said Manwoody. "As we speak, Lord Olyvar Martell has besieged the castles Godsgrace and Salt Shore. Soon, we will retake Dorne from the rule of bloody Gyles. King Alesander and King Lancel are all moving for your destruction, and have already taken a significant part of the Reach. Soon all the Reach will fall, and what is a king, without his kingdom?...." Manwoody grinned stupidly

"Oh, you have not heared?" Axell answered him. "My men are have already lifted the sieges. Osgrey is moving with a stack to destroy what remains of your overlords, and then....." a smile came up on Axell's face "then, there will be no more house Martell. With Yronwood vessal to us, we will hold all of Dorne. Except Starfall, which is currently under the control of House Hoare"

The smile has suddenly disappeared from Manwoody's face. Instead, came the anger. "We, will not surrender. Sunspear will not fall". "Very well" said Axell. "Storm the city!" he shouted to his men.

All that remained in the morning was ashes. He could see women crying, and men on their last breath. A newly orphan boy was walking through the streets, crying. The price of war, Axell thought to himself, sad by the realization

When he walked into the Great Hall in Sunspear, he could see Olyvar Martell's former throne. The throne was massive, with a great Sun drawn on the throne is velvet and the sun pure gold. Right through the chair, was pierced a great spear, made entirely of Valirian steel. In front of the throne, all blodied and tied up in chain, was Manwoody.

Manwoody looked at him with disgust, and Axell told him: "you probably regret not opening the walls to me, don't you Manwoody?" . Manwoody did not answer
    "Take off his head." he paused for a moment. "and send it to King Alesander Durranion, to know what happenes to those who dare face House Gardener."

It's been 5 turns since I last posted a RP? Wow. I thought it was only two or three.... Hopefully Uri can kickstart the rest into RPing

Here is a VERY rough draft of Chapter 4. Typed quite late.

A Song of Quills and Swords - Turns 7 - 10

The History of the Kingdom of Storm and Shore - First Edition
    Penned by Lucius of House Gallagher

Synopsis:

The current Stormking, Alesander Durranion, wages holy war against The Kingdom of River and Hills to bring the light of the Seven to the Riverlands, whose occupants still cling to their false gods as the Stormlanders once did before the coming on the Andals.
    King Alesander's forces, fresh from victories against the Darklyn's, the former kings of the shore, and the Crab King of Sharp Point, now advance against The Kingdom of River and Hills.

Several months before the opening of the account, Jon Darry led a combined force of Mudd and Darrymen to victory against the Stormking, but as the opening of this account has shown, the Stormking launched a counter attack, seizing the town of Maidenpool and the fortress of Antlers in a single swoop.
    The Stormking's forces advances West, winning a couple of great victories versus House Darry, allowing the King's forces to capture the central Westerlands.
    In the East, Jon Trant fights sedition at home, and conquerered the isle of Driftmark, putting an end to the Kingdom of the Waters. Word reaches his ear of a foreign force, let by a so-called Dragon king, on the neighbouring isle of Dragonstone.

Turn 7:

Fresh from victory at Darry Keep - Now held by House Morrigen, the forces of the Stormking continued their implacable advance across the Riverlands. Last month, a force of cavalry had besieged Acorn Hall, and with the arrival of the Stormking's infantry this was now taken.
    The commander of Acorn Hall, Raymund Vance, surrendered after a brief bout of resistance. In response to this sensibility, Alesander ordered the town's people spared.
    With a base at Acorn Hall secure, the Stormking send an expeditionary force North, in order to seize the crossings that might allow Mudd to counter attack.

With the annihilation of House Mudd's forces south of the River Trident, Legio I under the joint command of the Stormking and Orys Morrigen advanced across the River and built fortifications to protect their flanks.

Leaving a small body of men to hold the river crossing, Alesander's force adopted ambush positions to the East of Raventree, hoping to tempt the last Mudd army into marching South.

Current Statistics (Turn 7)

Total Enemy Casualties:
    - Mudd: 3066

Notable Enemy Commander's Slain:
    - Desmond Mooton (Mudd - Turn 2)
    - Jon Darry (Mudd - Turn 2)
    - Oswell Piper (Mudd - Turn 6)
    - Matthos Velaryon, the King of the Waters (Rebel - Turn 6)
    - Raymund Vance (Mudd - Turn 7)

Turn 8:

A small body of scouts was sent forth, and they discovered the forces of Tristifer encamped outside the walls of Raventree following a brutal defeat at the hands of House Hoare.

This was seen as an opportunity to finally break the back of Mudd resistance, and the first Legion advanced to give battle on the open fields outside Raventree.

King Tristifer V, in a foolish attempt to emulate his father, formed up his hosts to challenge the veteran First Legion in open battle rather than seeking sanctuary within his own walls. The First Legion has faced no serious resistance since the battle and subsequent storming of Darry Keep, and were well rested. In contrast, the forces of the Kingdom of Rivers and Hills were bloodied and battered from their defeat at Seaguard, and in their rush to retreat many of Hosue Mudd's soldiers had cast aside their arms and armour.

Faced with the experienced and disciplined forces of the Stormking, Tristifer's battered remnants stood little chance. Lord Morrigen, commanding the cavalry on the right, defeated the Mudd cavalry and rolled up the flank, routing Tristifer's left wing.

Arriving late to the field, the garrison of Raventree attempted to turn the tide of the battle, but only succeeded in deterring Morrigen's sweeping advance for long enough for Tristifer's main host, having been reduced to a fraction of it's original size, to retreat in goo d order within the sanctuary of the walls.

Lord Bracken's rearguard, heavily bloodied, managed to reach the sanctuary of the castle by nightfall, as Alesander deemed them not worthy of pursuit and called off his cavalry.

Turn 9

The castle was invested for a month, while the Kingdom forces built siege equipment. House Mudd's forces had been reduced significantly enough that they posted no threat to the Kingdom's forces.

King Alesander sent forth Lord Morrigen to treat with Mudd forces, but they refused to send an envoy, and taunted him from their walls. Mocking his humble beginnings, the Mudd soldiers hung Cow Skins from the wall, referring to his family's humble origins.

Incensed by this taunt, Morrigen ordered the castle stormed by the detachment of the First Legion that were under his command.

Their numbers having dwindled since the last engagement through injury and desertion, the forces of House Mudd and House Blackwood offered little resistance, and their soldiers were overwhelmed.

Bitter street fighting ensued, and the vengeful Lord Morrigen personally lead a detachment of Stormguard in an assault on the central keep.

King Tristifer V, wearing a crown modelled on that of his father, led his few remaining Knights in a valiant but otherwise foolish charge to try and break through the First Legion's line. Sallying from a concealed posern gate, they briefly took Kingdom forces by surprise, but were hopelessly outnumbered and Tristifer's bodyguards were hewn down.

The King of Rivers and Hills was not the warrior of the came cut as his father, yet he stood defiant even unhorsed and surrounded, and he fought bravely, felling several foes with a hammer forged in the style of his father's. His bravery won him quarter, and he was bound and brought before the Stormking.

Alesander called for a Maester to tend the boy's wounds, but a glancing sword strike in the earlier melee ad already severed an artery in the boy's leg, and and that could be done for him was a dose of Milk of the Poppy to ease his pain.

With Lord Blackwood also killed in the fighting, the castle was claimed in the name of the Kingdom of Storm and Shore. The First Legion had taken the castle with few casualties, but Morrigen's fearsome rage had devastating effect upon the castle itself. It was said that the castle burnt like a giant Pyre.

Thus ended the last engagement of the Great Crusade to liberate the Riverlands from the Old Gods. The Kingdom of Storm and Shore now stretched from the East all the way to the Western Coast.

However, the forces of the Kingdom could not rest easily, for a dangerous development had been reported from Dorne. Long had the Yronwood's and Martell's fought for supremacy over the Red Mountains and sandy plains of the Southernmost Kingdom of Westeros. King Alesander, away on his crusade, had advocated a policy of non-interference, leaving only a single Legion under the command of the capable Lord Dondarrion to keep the war from spilling into the Marcher regions.

Yet ravens soon reached King Alesander that House Gardener had committed her entire forces in support of the beleaguered House Yronwood, who had only months ago been forces from their home regionsby the victorious forces of House Martell.

The naked aggression of House Gardener, and the prospect of a Dorne held by the Green hand, troubled Alesander.

Yet soon the situation deteriorated further, with Gardener forces advancing through the Prince's Pass and seizing the border castles. Word also spread to Alesander's ears that the Gardener fleet was sited enroute to the Martell capital, Sunspear.

it was in such circumstances that Lord Dondarrion was sent forth to seek out King Olyvar Martell. The Lighting Lord easily evaded Gardener forces along the border, and soon he reached the Martell camp.

Little is known of the agreement which was struck, or the fromalities of the occassion, but the chroniclers of the age reported that House Martell - remainding unbowig - agreed to become subjects of the Kingdom. House Martell would remain the King in Dorne, in return for their allegiance to the Kingdom.

The pact meant that Dorne was under the Stormking's protection.

As such, Gardener's naked aggression could not be allowed to continue. As such, King Alesander authorised the deployment of all available legions to the area.

Three Legions, Legio II (Gulian), III (Stokeworth), and IV (Fell) advanced in strength against the Reach, with legio V (Trant) following. Three fleets were sent South, and orders were sent for the raising of new legions and the construction of new ships.

Within a month, three battle strength legions were raised from garrison forces, landed veterans, and militia forces left to guard the Stormlands while Alesander's forces were on campaign. Fortifications were raised to defend the boneway.

An advance force, commanded by Lord Fell, invested the castle of Tumbleton while the other legions followed behind. Joined by professional forces from the Stormlands, Fell's forces awaited further orders.

Turn 10

Gardener's response to these very generous terms, led to the seizure of the castle of Tumbleton by the combined forces of Legion IV and V.

Gardener's refusal to these fair and generous terms led to the swift seizure of the castle. A small relief forces was defeated by the Fourth Legion, and Kingdom forces advanced rapidly into the Eastern Reach.

To the West, banners bearing the regal Lion of Lannister could be seen across the Western mountains as House Lannister marched to war in aid of Storm. Red-Cloaked riders had already been received at Raventree, informing Alesander that two large Lannister forces were already assaulting the reach. This news was received with jubilence, and this sign of mutually beneficial cooperation would set the standard for future joint ventures.

With House Dayne's intentions still unknown, Lord Dondarrion prepared his forces for the liberation of Dorne. Three Legions had been assembled in the Boneway and on the shores of the Kingdom, and hundreds of ships sailed South. Alesander's spies placed the Greenhand's current strength as equivalent to four campaign Legions, plus minor garrison forces.

Unlike the Kingdom, however, the Green Hand had squandered their riches in assembling their army and in paying off the Ironborn. Without burning their own settlements and defiling the holy Septs of the faith, they had no hope of raising new armies to match the military might of Alesander and Dondarrion's Legions.

The reckoning was coming to the sand of Dorne, and Dondarrion hoped that Axell Gardener, the so-called Warriors Son, would stand and fight rather than flee like a coward.

A vengeful storm was descending upon the Reach and Dorne.

Casualties TBA:

Notable Commanders TBA:

The above obviously excludes turn 11.l I tend to delay my RPs by one turn so as not to give updates on my troop movements.

However: Sneak peak -

Turn 11:

The Reach

Ashford and Bitterbridge are besieged by Legions IV and VI. Legio V marches to their aid. Gardener forces are believed to be in the region of two-three legions. Victory in any engagement assured.

Dorne

Legions VII and VIII sail for Dorne alongside the Third and Fifth fleets. The sixth fleet has blockaded Sunspear. Fourth fleet remains in the Stormlands ready to react to new developments

Sunspear too far away to be siezed at present. All Legions will concentrate on the liberation of Eastern Dorne.

The Riverlands

Legions I, II, and III have been recalled to the Riverlands following the outbreak of War between Hoare and Arryn. They will not participate in any offensive action, but will respond to any crossing of our borders by either party.

Punitive action will be taken without warning on any force, no matter what its size, that crosses into Kingdom territory uninvited.

A DMZ between Fairmarket and Acorn Hall is hereby announced. Kingdom forces have withdrawn from the region, but will repel any and all attempts to let war spill into my territory.

The Shorelands

As the castles in the Reach and Stormlands are busy pumping out the IX and Xth legions, the duty of capturing Dragonstone has fallen to the XI and XII Provincial Legion (Darklyn Sr. and Darklyn Jr.), which assemble alongside the First Battle Fleet to defeat the Dragon King.

OOC: What lies on Dragonstone, other than a ton of enemy elite infantry? Are the buildings usable? Is it a citadel or a fortress?

For the record, the military system of the Kingdom of Storm and Shore requires that a legion consists of between 5,000 and 10,000 men (Battle Strength and Campaign Strength, respectively - 1/2 a stack -> a full stack respectivly). Legions are, typically, named after the senior officer. The Greater Legions (Numbers I to X) are the main fighting forces of the Kingdom, and are named after their senior officer. Legions with a higher number 'XI to XX' are 'provincial' or auxiliary legions raised in times of extreme strife or in response to unexpected emergencies.

The naming convention varies depending on whether they are lead by an officer, or raised in a certain region. I have not had any need to form my remaining garrison troops into proper legions at this stage, but I have full garrisons in every one of my Stormland settlements, meaning that in a crisis I would have three 'battle' legions ready. Only two would have generals though, so the XIth legion might be referred to as Legio XI Storm's End or whatever.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast