Thread: Chat Thread - Read OP

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Chat Thread - Read OP

Why didn't you cook Ferdiad as well?

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

If that was Ferdiad he would have a pancake hat, which he clearly does not!
    Last edited by Ishan; August 04, 2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: im

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Back then he wasn't the leader of the rabbits...!
    And the other two are a long story... All I can tell you is that Ferdiad was a naughty boy..

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I pity you vegetarians, swearing of meat is just like swearing off candy, except that you get no health bonus in return since meat is not only delicious, but healthy for you too
    Actually, I used to think that way. But it's not quite true. This is an old mentality that for some reason has stuck in us. Meat is a good thing when there isn't much food available in general, but not when we live in plenty. Consuming red meat on a daily basis is bad for you. I'm by no means a vegetarian, but I think it would be good if we limit meat consumption to a minimum. Not because I respect the lives of animals, no, but because it's better for your health and for the planet. Did you know that if we would convert all the land we use for animal husbandry into land for grain, vegetables, etc., that we would get almost ten times more kcals out of it, i.e., ten times more energy! Moreover, did you know that animal husbandry is responsible for a big chunk of greenhouse gases? Did you know that third-world countries are clearing their forests in order to make land not for agriculture but for meat, because it sells well in first-world countries?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I was literally shocked when I found all this out. It's enough to convince me that our diets are way behind the times and that meat consumption ought to be severely limited. Looking at fat people everywhere shoving big macs down their fat throats only further convinces me. We can no longer use the "oh, but it tastes good excuse." I mean, when our grandchildren ask us one day, "grandpa, why did no one do anything about this back then?" we would be ashamed to answer, "oh, because we thought it tastes so delicious."

One can get all the nutrients and still be strong\healthy by just being a milk drinker (as mercs say in skyrim) and consuming green vegetables. Although sea food, fish etc are also good for health but yes like diamat says too much of meat is also not good for our health.

WE NEED MEAT.

There is currently a "gastronomic trend" going here in Copenhagen: Stoneage food. It's basically a pile of meat on a plate .. or like Pepper (Woody Harrelson) said in the Cowboy Way: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109493/quotes?ref_=tt_ql_3

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

We may need meat but we don't need a **** ton of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    We may need meat but we don't need a **** ton of it.
    Yeah - I absolutely agree. We need a balanced diet. Just follow the Pyramid (of needs .... not that Maslow had anything to with it). Fish once a week etc. etc. - it's not that difficult.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Balanced diet: lobster salad, raw salmon, foie gras, beef with yogurt potato, goat BBQ with rice and cabbage.

No restaurant can make all of these combined though. Perhaps I should rent a kitchen myself and learn to cook
    Last edited by AqD; June 09, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    Balanced diet: lobster salad, raw salmon, foie gras, beef with yogurt potato, goat BBQ with rice and cabbage.

No restaurant can make all of these combined though. Perhaps I should rent a kitchen myself and learn to cook
    Yummie - serve some good Red Wine to that menu and I'll be there!
    oh .. btw, make some goat cheese before you throw it on the barbie please

In the big picture, I think all highly developed countries ought to dictate agricultural development through the state. This is where capitalism definitely fails us. People demand meat and unhealthy foods, so the industry will supply it. We are ruining fertile lands through animal husbandry, creating soil erosion, and greenhouse gases. Particularly the US, the agricultural powerhouse of the world, needs to seriously look into completely revamping its agricultural system, stop subsidizing meat products, and subsidize only the production of grains and vegetables. In addition, meat producers need to pay a penalty tax for hurting the environment, thus further discouraging the production of meat. All meat products also need to be hit with a luxury good tax, thus making them more expensive. It is unreal that currently meat products are cheaper than vegetables. UNREAL! Fat people also need to be hit with a tax, to discourage bad food habits. There is so much in need of change...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    In the big picture, I think all highly developed countries ought to dictate agricultural development through the state. This is where capitalism definitely fails us. People demand meat and unhealthy foods, so the industry will supply it. We are ruining fertile lands through animal husbandry, creating soil erosion, and greenhouse gases. Particularly the US, the agricultural powerhouse of the world, needs to seriously look into completely revamping its agricultural system, stop subsidizing meat products, and subsidize only the production of grains and vegetables. In addition, meat producers need to pay a penalty tax for hurting the environment, thus further discouraging the production of meat. All meat products also need to be hit with a luxury good tax, thus making them more expensive. It is unreal that currently meat products are cheaper than vegetables. UNREAL! Fat people also need to be hit with a tax, to discourage bad food habits. There is so much in need of change...
    Well said. I absolutely agree. Why do we accept piss-poor quality meat, veggies etc at a higher price? The quality is going down and the prices go up. The reason being what you described above.

Man, I have so much more to say about this

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Kayastha is literate and educated class of kshatriyas who are allowed to eat meat, lots of it. So if you think there is any religious obstruction in eating rabbits then there isn't any. All the Kayasthas i have met in my life were non-vegetarians. Personal taste and not to your liking then that's another matter.
    Not religious, but family values and traditions. In our whole dynasty, it is a rule that no one can eat meat. I know many Kayasthas who have eaten meat, but in out family and dynasty non-veg has no place.

Besides, I personally hate non-veg. I am a pure vegetarian even if there was no such family rule. I have never seen non-veg in my entire life. When I visited Kashmir as a tourist last year, I simply put my hands on my eyes whenever my family members warned me (on my request) that there are some hanging dead animals would be coming up soon as we drove by.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Besides, I personally hate non-veg. I am a pure vegetarian even if there was no such family rule. I have never seen non-veg in my entire life. When I visited Kashmir as a tourist last year, I simply put my hands on my eyes whenever my family members warned me (on my request) that there are some hanging dead animals would be coming up soon as we drove by.
    You should look at it. You should see it. Remember, the Gautama Buddha was only able to go on his path toward enlightenment by seeing DEATH, FEAR, and DESPAIR.

Maximus - we are only allowed to have our personal preferences for a short time. For example, when/if you fall in love with another human being (trying to be neutral here), then it's amazing how important stuff becomes obsolete really fast Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Not religious, but family values and traditions. In our whole dynasty, it is a rule that no one can eat meat. I know many Kayasthas who have eaten meat, but in out family and dynasty non-veg has no place.

Well personal taste & dislike is different but in your caste being a veg is not compulsory so having a "rule" is most likely based on personal reasons rather than religious. Kayastha are basically considered between Brahmins and Kshatriayas. Where Brahmins are supposed to be veg and Kshatriyas not. Being Kayastha (scribe) perhaps your family chose the brahmin tradition due to no actual link with being a kshatriya, as many kshatriyas don't think you guys are above them or in fact kshatriyas for that matter as for them it's all about proving one self and its lineage in the line of battle which Kayastha haven't.

And lol can't see dead animals? And they were most likely goats (bakra).
    Last edited by Ishan; June 09, 2013 at 03:05 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

India and it's caste sounds pretty ******.

I just lost it. We talked about meat, a balanced diet and how the quality of our food produce is deterioating* while at the same time becoming more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    India and it's caste sounds pretty ******.
    It doesn't sounds but actually is ****ed up system.