Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enhanced Rise of the Samurai V 1.11

Default Re: Enhanced Rise of the Samurai V 1.11

There is an issue, I've read, about the heavy o' sode (shoulder-pads) on kachi for practical reasons, you'll notice in depictions that heavy infantry have much smaller shoulder-pads for mobility reasons, the shimazu and Oda daimyo shoulder pads would make perfect replacements.
    Do you mean like this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also in more than one depiction they're bare-footed: that'd be a good illustration of their relative poverty and eagerness for war, casting aside basic comforts in favour of war-gear.
    Hm, I know what you mean but the closest thing Ive come to bare-foot is some sort of samurai "sandals".

How about a naval warrior monk-hero unit on a medium sized ship?
    Thank you! I will do that. What about regular warrior monks(renamned to Sohei actually) on light, medium and heavy ships? More morale and some other "weaker" things like speed or fighting capabilities?

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Ygge View Post
    Do you mean like this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That one too, but the one in my head is flat.

Hm, I know what you mean but the closest thing Ive come to bare-foot is some sort of samurai "sandals".
    Bare foot levies were in your first post, but anyway, it doesn't matter, it's just a minor idea..

Thank you! I will do that. What about regular warrior monks(renamned to Sohei actually) on light, medium and heavy ships? More morale and some other "weaker" things like speed or fighting capabilities?
    That sounds good, but the availibilty of such units should be very limited, perhaps only available from settlements: Suo and Ise because they have a port and monastery.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    That one too, but the one in my head is flat.

Bare foot levies were in your first post, but anyway, it doesn't matter, it's just a minor idea..

That sounds good, but the availibilty of such units should be very limited, perhaps only available from settlements: Suo and Ise because they have a port and monastery.
    Oh, I didn't realize that. I will check it out how it looks with the rest of the armour. Regarding the recruiting of "boat monks" one can require both a port and a regional special monastery, if it exists in RotS.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Oh, I didn't realize that. I will check it out how it looks with the rest of the armour.
    Excellent.

Regarding the recruiting of "boat monks" one can require both a port and a regional special monastery, if it exists in RotS.
    Ok, cool. The reason I suggest thusly is because of how centralised warrior monk sects were, mostly around Yamato (miidera) and the significant role their loyalty played throughout the war.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Kiba Spear Samurai

These wealthy mounted Samurai are armed with the uncommon spear.
    They are a very good counter against other cavalry and good against infantry. Take care of them because they are rare!

Chinese Traders

They have come from China to trade. The crew have pretty low morale being a long way from home but they are descent in close combat.
    Very cheap to buy and quickly recruited. Since they are merchants they demand alot of koku in upkeep. Can be used on trade-nodes.

Last edited by Ygge; February 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Chinese Traders

They have come from China to trade. The crew have pretty low morale being a long way from home but they are descent in close combat.
    Very cheap to buy and quickly recruited. Since they are merchants they demand alot of koku in upkeep. Can be used on trade-nodes.

Perfect.
    What do the pirates look like?
    Last edited by Himster; February 21, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
    -Betrand Russell

The pirates are not finished yet and I do not know how they should/will look. I can't find any pics!

Yeah finally a Rots mod how is it going? Are you still working on it ? Just to make sure

Yes I am still working on it However, I will release it as a new mod with a new(and certainly better) name and this is why: At first this was just going to be a regular update to the mod but I have removed stuff and replaced it with mostly new. This "update" will be as similar to the new mod that Radious mods are to Darth vaders mod for example. I will start a new thread soon enough. Just to clarify: the "unit previews" that I have made recently will be a part of the new mod.
    Last edited by Ygge; February 25, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Chinese Traders

They have come from China to trade.

That ship has European sails - do any of the ships have Chinese junk type sails as they would have historically?

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsune1189 View Post
    That ship has European sails - do any of the ships have Chinese junk type sails as they would have historically?

All available models have "western" style rigging, but the necessity of masts and sail from historical references out-weighs that technical over-sight, it's fine as long as not too many people bring it up in threads........ I'm not pointing fingers, finger pointing get's us nowhere........ Yoshitsune1189
    -Betrand Russell

Good to see what you have done with this mod and the attention to RotS. Good luck with your new project +Rep

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

I hope to see more from this mod! It will be featured in the next issue of the Eagle Standard.

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    I hope to see more from this mod! It will be featured in the next issue of the Eagle Standard.
    The newer versions of this mod are "a tale of the Heike and the Genji".
    -Betrand Russell

Well, I would not say new versions, rather a new direction that is more hsitorical accurate. So 'A Tale of the Heike and the Genji' is it's own mod really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12